Bony Grasp Changed on Test

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-madbx, Jun 23, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

I wasn't going to debate EQLive stuff in this thread but since it's about run it's course anyway I figure what the hell. I quit EQ2 a couple of months after OOW came out.

I don't know anything about charm soloing. I just know that Bard AE's would no longer damage mobs if the Bard was moving therefore swarm kiting was effectively removed from the game.

Did you lack the AAs and spells to actually do your job? I don't know a Necro that didn't provide significant damage in a group situation. Pets tanked perfectly well for short durations in elementals and the easier OOW zones provided the healer was paying attention.

A slower was pretty much a given in an xp group from PoP onwards. It was a luxury in LDON but not really required since LDON (normal setting) was about as tough as PoJ or PoI and most anyone could tank it regardless of class (assuming they'd actually invested time in their character). Druids only able to heal with a Shaman spamming constantly and only in PoJ? Are you kidding me? Did you ever group with a Druid worth their salt? As a Cleric I could tank PoJ. My EQ1 guild used Druids as Cleric substitutes in any number of situations from xp groups to CH chains. Not sure where you got Druid dps = damage shield from. Nukes and DoTs a plenty. This is all assuming the Druid had the AA required to effective of course.
  2. ARCHIVED-Anachronist Guest

I like the idea of increasing the recast time. You won`t be able to root again and again, but there still would be this wow-what-an-cool-spell-effect from time to time.

It`s true that nerfs have to come from time to time and that bg is a very powerful spell - but it`s also true that one should have cool spells to play around with at lvl 50. As someone said before, this spell wasn`t one of the spells killing the game. The complaints started with this video, not with people unable to get any loot, because of those evil warlocks soloing all the raid mobs ;)

Jörg

PS: No offence to the maker of the video...but offence to the whiners...really sad story.
  3. ARCHIVED-Anachronist Guest

double post...have no idea why ;)
    Message Edited by Anachronist on 06-28-2005 07:42 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-dreadfang Guest

dammit i'm level 39 lol no fair
  5. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

Well all I'll say is did you used any log parser ?

and well necro wer enot group friendly thats all. I were notuseless to a group but in a 6players group you need a slower, a cleric and a tank.

So 3 spot left. But b4 a necro you would taken a rogue, monk, bard, ranger, shaman or chanter (depend what U ad to be slower) and a mage.

But well my necro could join aggro ktie group and do lvl 59 to 61 in 1 day so.

Druid couldn't heal well in PoI without a slower thats all. don,t talk me about their AA. their is no usefull AA under lvl 55. and even the lvl 55's ones wont turn a druid into a good main healer. Thats why most raiding guild don't recuite them anymore. 75%complet heal with a crappy max of like 3kHP on the 75%heal wont refill a 9k Hp tank. it is maybe higher then 3kHP max healing power I quited EQ1 after OoW scraped the game.
  6. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

Yeah see you're talking people at level 55ish. I'm talking about people at level 65 with a decent amount of AA. Why I'm even discussing PoI or PoJ (or any T1 zone for that matter) for people at that level is anyone's guess. At 55 a Druid hasn't even received their first partial CH let alone their second one. Pre-58 I imagine Druids would kinda suck.

Forget it. I give up. It's clear you've got a skewed point of view.
    Message Edited by Daerv on 06-28-2005 08:46 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

yeah sure at 65 with about 30AA and pretty good Focus gear. A druid could heal in most EXP group. I completly do agree. But if its take 300hours to your character to be a primary healer. you can't really be called a primary healer class.

Normal druids were secondary healers with some buffs. They could manage to be primary healer with good gears, beeing at capped lvl with many AA's.
    Message Edited by yzyh on 06-28-2005 10:04 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-jaythedogg Guest

:smileyvery-happy: