Bonuses Starting on 4-23-20

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Potionman New Member

I remember beginning playing this game at the launch of RoK.....I played through till the beta for EQ2, then played 2 for another 3-4 years before having to step away for a while. It will be nice to get back into the game for a bit and revisit some memories, and hopefully make some new ones! Good to see both versions still up and kicking.....and all of my toons sitting patiently waiting for me to return!!
  2. Muli01 New Member

Getting exp is an easy task these days in eq... not that thrilled to be honest, partialy makes me happy only by your continous consideration in us. how about relasing older xpacs and features to us free members? we occupy at least a third of this game... Double Status points or some DBC for each account to enjoy more of that game in these times will be much appreciated by allot of us im sure.
    draidean and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Thatdarncat Active Member

We're all guessing here and going off personal experience but while an older game like EQ2 may have a higher percentage of raiders than average, raiding has always been a minority activity in MMORPGs. I've been playing EQ2 since beta and I've never raided outside of the odd pick-up raid. These days I mostly solo but even years ago, when I was in active guilds and knew plenty of people in game, I didn't know a single person who raided. Of the people I still know who play now, most aren't even all that far through Blood of Luclin yet.

I've been playing every day since BoL, having swapped EQ2 for GW2 as my current main MMORPG (I always pay both but the proportions vary) but even so I still only have 165 gear in fewer than half the slots on my main character. I have five other max levels with hardly any 165 stuff. This is a very welcome bonus and I would guess it will be for many people.
  4. Stray New Member

I don't understand the double mission loot. This game has become so much easy mode already. What is the point of playing when everything is too easy to get?
  5. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

6. Rebelde Active Member

Thank you but only the raid weekly is worth (and it depends on you gear).
    Mount reduction: Nice
    Mercenary reduction: Nice
    Spell reduction: Awesome
    Double mission loot: Mew
  7. Zinj Well-Known Member

Actually, most of the raiders have 180-190 resolve gear by now; and have infused their gear over 100pp (if not by 1000) per piece.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Aldorn I think Darkpaw promotes all Altaholism and supports it too
    Altholics of Norath unite we need more accounts and more character slots , please give us a sale.
  9. Jaeded Well-Known Member

If only the cost was just 1000pp per piece to infuse.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Not this round.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

No. Mission rewards.
  12. parissa Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say thank you for the double loot award... I have a few alts that are doing a happy dance right now... I have done the signature almost 10 times now... It's nice to have the better gear when doing it... I stash it all in my vault for my next alt in line for the signature... Also I had a character who had just started the signature and i ran her over to the diaku corral zone so that helped alot too... Not sure I could've done it with armor just outta the crate...
  13. Amoon Member

Love you all , keep doing the great job you are i will continue to play like i have since release ( 2004)
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

more like 100k+ per piece of gear.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Seems this round of bonuses does NOT include researcher missions as previous ones did.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Same here, to just about all of the above! Mostly I focus on decorating nowadays, actually, though with this double XP thing, it's time to kick my high-50s->60s up to level 70+, mainly because the gear for Tier 7 has gotten incredibly wonky and bug-filled, pretty much across the board. X-P

So, thanks for this opportunity, Dreamweaver! Does it stack with XP potions? :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not the only one by a long road, Clausc! I've been here off and on (only poked my head in a couple times during 2011) since 2006, and my game style hasn't changed that much at all that entire time: casual, interested in character development, tradeskilling (ever since they did away with those STUPID subcombines! :D), and now decorating. There's more to this game than just raiding. ;->

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! A sale on Services and whatnot, even if we're not likely to ever see Double or Triple SC weekends ever again, would be awesome! :D

Uwk
  19. Arclite Well-Known Member

I really don't understand how is bonus really viewed over at the EQ2 team, i mean just being there and doing runs and hope that you land a bonus item due to RNG is to be considered a bonus reward?

Because if you have two players who had put in the same amount of time to go after these said bonuses (e.g. reducer potions etc.) and one is able to get disproportionately more bonus items then the other, how is this fair? Still waiting for an explanation for this.

My own example with over 60 runs in a previous bonus week resulted in 1 bonus item, whereas many other players recieved 10 times more for the half of the runs they did.

As it stands, the only thing that is distributed as a bonus evenly is the server wide xp bonus. You log in, do stuff and be equally rewarded with xp. Why are bonus items not worked into this system?
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

we are not getting double reward from TS researcher missions in BoL. is this intended?