Bonus XP: Friday, Dec 18 - Mon, Dec 21, 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Adevil Well-Known Member

What that tells me is that the XP rate normally received on the TLE servers is 40% of what is received on Live servers.

Edit: In other words, the 40% bonus probably IS double the XP we normally get on TLE.

Edit2: This is the type of thing I suspect is being done for the XP on TLE servers:
    Code:
    if (TLE)
      XP = BaseXP * (.4 + ServerBonus)
    else
      XP = BaseXP * (ServerBonus + VeteranBonus)
    So setting the Server Bonus on TLE to 40% (a multiplier of .4) would effectively double the normal rate of XP. A 100% bonus would be 3.5 times more than normal if my premise is correct.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Eradani like this.
  2. AccidentProne37 Active Member

So sorry to sound like I'm not thankful for a bonus, but the 40% on Stormhold and Deathtoll? It seems nearly imperceptible for my characters. Why bother giving it to us at all if its going to be such a small amount? Yeah, I understand the point of a Time locked server...to be honest though, I just wanted the refuge islands back. I don't really care about slower leveling. Kinda feel cheated though. Just my two cents.
  3. King.Adelina New Member

If 40 percent exp is actually double exp for tle then that without a doubt proves vitality is completely broken cause it gives 200 percent vs 40 which is supposedly double
    Eradani likes this.
  4. Catch22Ron New Member

200% vitality is actually 3X experience
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feldon like this.
  5. Eradani Well-Known Member

tyvm, you save me from doing this.

i get we're kinda being ripped off when we look at it from the "vit xp" we've all come to expect but if they fixed it, we wouldn't be getting that 500% ish vit bonus we're currently getting and then we'd all be crying hard.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Judge New Member

You started off with the right idea, but the 40% bonus we are getting increases what we are already getting by 40% of that, not from the original 100% we aren't getting, so it isn't doubling for us even though we are only getting 40%, so where live is getting 200% of the normal xp value of the mob, TLE is getting 40% of the 40%, which means 56% of the normal xp value, with vitality on live they are getting 400% of normal atm, with vitality on TLE, you are getting 240% of 40% which would be 96% of live xp values
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

To all the folks complaining about bonus experience: if you don't like it, ffs don't play on those days and stay smug. Seriously this constant complaining that DB does nothing then even louder complaining that whatever they do is not enough is so old it's way past the beating the dead horse stage.

All the armchair number cruncher and coders out there should get together, fund and write your own game, test it, market it, make sure it is free to play and you all will be so happy you can come back and tell us how successful you all are.

Oh ye gods and little fishes! Happy Friday.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

"Everyone who disagrees with me should stop posting."
    GrunEQ, Awkk, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Or risk getting ignored. ;->

Uwk
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Hehe, she was more PC than I would have been. j/s :cool:
  11. Amoon Member

This so rocks
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

I am not complaining that we have 40% bonus XP, I was upset that they advertised it as "double XP". I resubbed to level alts this weekend and logged into see the 40%.
    Feldon likes this.
  13. Kristabella Well-Known Member

After all this time, and everyone's comments, math and wondering, can we get some kind of OFFICIAL word as to why the TLE servers are only getting 40% and if that isn't correct will it be corrected and extended, and if it IS correct can you PLEASE explain the logic and math... You guys should have been straight up and said LIVE servers will get double xp (200%) and TLE servers will get 40%...not cloak and dagger it, then hide.

Please don't hide your decisions or try to do creative wording to get around what you are really doing, cuz you don't want to deal with the blow back you know you will get eventually.

I and everyone else here, who are paying customers on the TLE servers deserve an answer, an explanation or really BOTH, as to how we got stuck with 40%. I am not wanting other members explanations of what they think happened or how the math adds or doesn't add up. Please call forth a DEV or GM and put it here in black and white for us all to see, that is the very LEAST you can do, especially now that a whole day is nearly gone with no explanation whatsoever.
    Eradani likes this.
  14. ShyMidnight Active Member

Is there a way to disable bonus xp, or freeze xp gain? After level 10 I think I can use the AA bar to get Alternate Advancements instead of XP, but I'd like to freeze xp in the starter zone.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Haha, but that disturbance is over in 2 hours. :p

A fantastic disturbance it is while it lasts, though; I already took the kids at 3:30PM today. :D
  16. Adevil Well-Known Member

Right click on your XP bar for the disable xp options.
  17. ShyMidnight Active Member

Super, thanks!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another way is to hit "L" to bring up your XP trees, racial XP stuff, etc.; there's a slider bar at the top left corner that you can set to anywhere from 0% XP conversion to AA to 100%. That's what I usually use. :)

Uwk
  19. dsoTm New Member

So doesn't this constitute false advertising, complete with the link to sign-up? Since we didn't get double XP on the TLE servers I would expect there to be some sort of compensation for what was clearly an accident on DB's part. Still waiting on the much needed official word.
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

They told you guys from the very beginning what the TLE servers were gonna be like. No bells and whistles. Just "old style" gameplay.

Come back to Live for bells n whistles...toot, toot!