Fixed Internally BOL sig line Shattered Dawn: Vault in the Wound

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Zellnormous, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Zellnormous New Member

i am having problems with this quest updating after last Boss. yes i talked to Zirrticus before lost boss batle, i have bugged reported twice now. my qust journal says "The Shadow portal Zelrene spoke of is somehow linked to the Shade of Vyzh'dra" it does not send me to Duality please advice i have deleted and restarted the quest still same issue
  2. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Ok some questions remain. Did you kill Shade of Vyzh'dra before speaking to Zictirris? That messes things up. It sounds like you didn't. Does the key work for you after you have finished? I mean you say it doesn't send you, but did you try using the key?
  3. Zellnormous New Member

i talked to Zicitirris before killing the boss. and yes the key sends me to duality,
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Heyya, Zellnormous!

I think I found what may have gone amiss. The quest definitely updated past Zictirris. So that was not the trouble.

I suspect you were not close enough to the Shade of Vyzh'dra when her fight started, which is odd considering how limited the space is. I've got a few changes in mind to solve this issue, but it'll take some further testing and script work on my side before I know for sure.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Marae and Carynn like this.
  5. Zellnormous New Member

thank you very much, should i delete it again and start over or wait? Ty Kaitheel
  6. Kaitheel Developer

You're very welcome, Zellnormous!

Thankfully, I have been able to resolve the problem, and my changes will be included with the next update (next Tuesday if the schedule keeps up). The following notation should be included in the update notes when it goes live:
    • Shattered Dawn: Vault in the Wound - Quest will now update for the entire group, allowing players that keep their distance from the Shade of Vyzh'dra's to still be properly updated.
    But until that goes live, if you want to give this another try, I'd just suggest you move your character towards the Shade of Vyzh'dra, to get in her AoI. It might require getting pretty close to her, currently.
    There's no need to delete the quest, whether you wait for my fix or not.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Kuulei and Feldon like this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Update!

This fix was included with today's update and is now live. Huzzah!

~ Kaitheel
    Bludd, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.