BoL Raid Loot

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tanto, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

So my guild is finally making some progress and we're now 3 mobs from clearing the xpac (except the contested ofc).

However, I wonder if other guilds have the same problem. I'd say 2/3 or more of what drops from raid bosses goes to alts or just rots. The meta is quite restrictive in this xpac and there is a tonne of loot which doesn't fit into it. The result? Well once people have their resolve sorted, you have a whole raid full of people holding out for only a few items. Nobody wants most of what drops because it's actually a downgrade.

I think we've been a couple of weeks at least without something desirable dropping, and we raid 3 nights a week.

Seriously, please do better next xpac. Loot people will actually want please and thank you.
  2. Garry827 New Member

yep! say "hello" to itemization. =)
    problem in all stats in caps, only AbilityMod reforget to DPS =) need flurry, need Ability doublecast... but only the block falls or AOE.=)
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Anything that drops cloak-wise is rotting for obvious reasons unless it has flurry. We had Seru drop his cloak once. Not again. Even then most have switched away from flurry for the ethereals. Anything neck or waist without flurry or ADC is rotting. Anything on any slot without weapon damage oc or ability mod is straight to alt or rot.

I hope Caith is aware of this tbh. The purpose of this isn't to simply moan, it's to point out that there are serious flaws in a combination of systems which result in this situation with the loot. It makes raiding quite demoralizing. You work hard on the challenge mode bosses, figure out the script and the strat. Execute it for 20 minutes or so without anyone screwing up, then give what's in the chest to someone's alt, or just transmute it.

The best word I have for the raid loot is "boring".
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

My best description is: "about as useful as a major herpes cold sore on your upper lip the day of your first date with someone you want to impress."
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And let me clarify this remark. When you're in challenge raid zone, there should be NO 180 resolve gear dropping, much less waist items like adamant resolve, etc. It's a challenge zone. Loot should reflect that it's a harder zone to work through. You want 180 gear, be in the underlying zones.
    Kuulei likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm of two minds about this. Having the 180 items falling means you can advance to challenge mode quicker because you don't have to keep farming the regular raid zones to equip everybody, once you have just enough oomph to manage challenge zones. You end up equipping your players who don't have every piece upgraded pretty rapidly, since no one is bidding against them.

OTOH, more big loot means more stuff for ME! ME! ME! (heh!)
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I totally get the second part, but if you're already in a challenge raid zone, why would you NEED 180 gear since it's already been dropping in regular raid zones? What am I missing?
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not all of our raid has every piece of gear, necessarily. We've had some personnel turnover, maybe someone just missed an item along the way. It lets a raid move faster into Challenge raids, because you don't have to keep farming necessarily. But I really think there's a little too much 180 Resolve gear dropping. One per mob maybe.
    Bhayar likes this.