Not A Bug BoL Mounts - Can not hide them

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by AvenElonis, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Not just you - I've actually been fast traveling back to Qeynos and then hopping to my house (certified crotch-free zone) for crafting to avoid this. My backup location is the abandoned city of Paineel (not certified, but definitely uninhabited).
    Rosyposy, Oradim and Sigrdrifa like this.
  2. Caela Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I am playing an alt. I got the Umbra mount on her, and it's hidden when I'm on the ground. It shows when I'm flying (as expected). I'm not sure why. She is lvl 100 adv, 110 tradeskill - so isn't getting the stats buffs... Maybe that is why it is actually hidden on her.
  3. Sniper Member

All mounts can be hidden except the new BoL Skaggs Mount not sure of umbra mount sorry
    Lateana likes this.
  4. Caela Well-Known Member

On my main I have Umbra and I can't hide it.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

That is because this mount they are classifying as an illusion so the hide mount won't work. But what I don't understand, if it's an illusion then the hide illusion should work.
    Sigrdrifa, Rosyposy, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

If the new mounts are "working as intended", that intention needs to be re-examined, because I doubt many are happy with it - I know I am not.
    Sigrdrifa, Rosyposy, Tkia and 8 others like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea I don't get it at all, either hide mount or hide illusion should work. Maybe they need to add a hide mount/illusion option?
    Svenone, Sigrdrifa, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  8. EmJay Well-Known Member

:)
    LOL There's a lot of us old and crotchety players. That is the big problem. Those young whippersnappers making all the design decisions just don't know who they are designing for!!
    Svenone, Wulfgyr, Tkia and 5 others like this.
  9. Sniper Member

I would really like who ever tagged this post "Not a Bug " to explain how this is not please Thank You
    Tkia, Rosyposy, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

It means the devs don't consider it a bug and won't be trying to change/fix it :(

Never mind that a side effect of this bug means that any zone that disables illusions makes toons using the mount invisible if they're not using an appearance mount...
    Sigrdrifa, Lateana and Thornfinger like this.
  11. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I hate the ugly a$$ illusions with the new mounts as do many players. A lot of us have a certain 'look' we are trying to acheive in game and the total disregard of this is extremely disrespectful. Not to mention the havoc that ensues due to the in ability to 'hide mount/illusion'. Because of the extra graphics needed to render this $hit it makes some instances almost unplayable for some. Please reconsider and fix 'working as intended /bug'.
    Wulfgyr, Sigrdrifa, Tkia and 6 others like this.
  12. Kitkillem New Member

Really need to be able to hide mount during combat or else I cannot see my ratongas knocking down a named with a kick which is almost half the fun! Combat moves limited to swinging around on the mount is goofy looking.
    Sigrdrifa, Rosyposy, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  13. Caela Well-Known Member

I logged onto my main, and her Umbra mount is hidden as well. I know yesterday her appearance mount was showing for sure.

I don't know what changed, but at least on my toons, the Umbra mount from the CE is not showing when you hide all mounts.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

All the years we begged and pleaded to be able to 'hide mounts' and now we're stuck with having to see these UGLY mounts with no way to hide them.. (thank you Atan)
    It's almost as if DBG are seeing how far it can push its customers before they stop playing. It may seem a small issue to some, but I don't want to see my toons as an ugly blue flying turd, or a bug, EVER.

I don't know if it's the sequence you use when you mount, or what it is, but I'd managed to keep Skygge hidden until I swapped to my harvesting mount. Since then I'm stuck looking like a flying smurf.
    Also I'm constantly annoyed that you can't use glide when using this mount.
  15. Sniper Member

I would have to some what agree with last post, I will just keep bug reporting it daily like the 1000s of others im sure and maybe one day we will get heard.
  16. Marae Well-Known Member

What annoys me the most is what happens when you go in the water. I don't mind staying on my (appearance) mount, but I do mind its hooves clopping underwater and the fact that you are running on the bottom rather than swimming. Neither phenomenon is in the least bit realistic or, in my opinion, attractive. It was amusing for about five seconds; after that, purely annoying. It also seems to slow down your movements underwater. This might be my imagination, but it seems to me that I move faster dismounted and swimming than cantering through the water.
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, like with the 'Show Helm', 'Show Hood', or 'Show Helm or Hood' thing?

If this is "working as intended," then yes, the intention SUCKS, apparently. >:-/

Uwk
    Svenone, Sigrdrifa, Tkia and 4 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There was another Update on Thursday... :-/

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Waitaminute, hang on; this stupid new mount acts like those stupid "walk on the bottom! Isn't that lovely? Hmm? :confused:" things that essentially trap you underwater if you can't find a way to walk out? :-/

Uwk
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  20. Marae Well-Known Member

It does, except you can get off the bottom and up to the surface to breathe. Then your mount canters along just below the surface. It's weird.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.