BoL Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tangris, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Tangris Well-Known Member

I like the game, I actual feel BoL is not a bad expansion (Adv Sig Line, Dungeons etc...).
    What is off is the itemization:
    Crafters not being able to craft any upgrades in armor and weapons
    Solo Dungeon loot up to 118 (max) and none are upgrades.
    PQ, Weekly crate and named mobs in BoL having level 111 items????? Some 115 items.
    It just is so odd why this happened.

I do not see it being a PTW concern since you cannot buy any upgrades either.
  2. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yup, I got all my best gear from the sig line and from collections/kill all the nameds type things. Tier 1 heroic have nothing for me. Same with solos. I'm just doing them to get stuff to break down for infusers. I keep getting told that I need 200k+ hps for heroics. How do I get that without having done previous expansion raids? No one wants to do those of course. The gear progression is awful.
    Argosunited likes this.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Look at your AA if you need more HP.
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

There's a lot that's confusing now. Like, what if I'm not playing at the endgame at all, not even solo. And I'm in the Great Divide and working on the faction quests. Old red adorns are now "yellow adornment." Why? Why do that? Why isn't it that these new reds are called Brick adornment slot? Or Maroon adornment slot? Burgundy? Eggplant? Darkred? Redtint? I"m guessing it had to be one word.If you're running out of words, use Redgray, Greenblue, Burgundyorange... etc. For a company that comes up with millions of names of collectibles, it's surprising to have them reuse a word for a color.

A lot of things are only available in their best form. There's no 20% infuser, 35% infuser and 100% infuser, afaik there's only 100% infuser recipes. And the recipes are a rare drop.; Voidpiercer's Insight can only be used on level 120 gear. Even 118 would've been better. If that's too easy for everyone to use, then make a VI version 2 which takes more rares or shadow harvests or something and make it more powerful. It would give rares a reason to be expensive and make some money for crafters. Maybe there's a veilwalker's insight, but I haven't seen it yet. None on broker, so if it exists, it might be heirloom.

I figured out what the 111 thing is about, if leveling were slower, then that would have the purpose of being a replacement for Veilwalker's (from Tishan) which can't be reforged. Sometimes it's advantageous to have a 111 cloak or belt or necklace if it has ability doublecast and most of the others don't. That's about the entire usefulness.

I've had 120 loot and red adorns from solo final chest drops, but none since the first couple of weeks. I think they give a lot of stuff out the first few weeks and then later it becomes much more rare. So at least the agony of bugs has a purpose. Now I'm getting the red adorns in recipe form from Overseer.

A question I have is, do raiders want anything from the landscape heroics? Because the rest of us aren't going to do that unless they're leading an expedition. A random pug did try it one time, the Shining Mesa, but it's not likely without a tank and a properly set up group. Those achievements won't be possible unless you give raiders a reason to go there time after time. It can probably be one-grouped during non raid days, but I suspect the callouts for Shining Mesa or Akheva Isle aren't going out because it's not attractive enough.

One good way to look at your game content is, how many people are playing it? How many have the achievements? How many have completed more and more of it? The cloak / all landscape epics achievement gets done as more and more alts start and it's the best cloak to start with. But I don't see as much enthusiasm for the landscape heroic areas.
    Zynt, Tangris and Argosunited like this.