boar's and pigs? where? [Familiar's wild quest]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by JackBurton, Nov 20, 2019.

1. JackBurton New Member

SK here and *trying* to do the familiar's wild quest and drew the bad card. Boars!

Where can i find

1 - boar's that are aggro (can't harvest unless they attack)
    2 - High enough level that looking at them I don't kill them before I can catch them.:|

thanks for any help here with this one.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

either mentor down
    or just delete quest and ask for a new one until you get something you like
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. JackBurton New Member

Did delete quest. got same quest., yup suppose I can go over and over till I get non boar. BUT... the question remains.
    anyone know of boars that are more high level?
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

go to the wiki and look up familiars wild
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. EQ_Jack Active Member

Decided to take the easy road. re-asked for quest till I received something reasonable. still had to mentor to 5, took off all my armor, dismounted, an then I could pull, aggro and catch.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Nek castle
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  7. Cragfire Well-Known Member

As a caster I turn off my "proc" buffs and use Root to "anger" the targets.. About 20% of the time I still have another damage proc that goes off and kills everything.. but can still do the quest without mentoring down. On my tank I use to use my taunts.. before they added (or was it thru AA) damage to them.

Is the quest for Bovine? Or it is just Pigs and Boars? Bovine includes Deer.. Herds of them in Thundering Steppes and in Rivervale. Or I'm crazy and I'm thinking of another target.. haha
    Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  8. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I do the pigs out in Windstalker Village. Just strip yourself of gear and buffs. They respawn quickly. Can also do pigs in Loping plains.
    Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Cast siphon strength on them to get them to aggro, then hit the crate icon. This for SK, I haven't figured out the other classes yet.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can root them, mez them, charm them. There are some tinkered items you can use that will aggro things without killing them. There are the boars in Steamfont, there are boars in the Moors.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  11. Harington Member

When doing older content, I just take off my gear if I need to fight something without one shot kills.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. EQ_Jack Active Member

yup I did this too. created an armor set called "naked"
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Dispel magic also works, if you have it as a class.. heh