Blue tiles

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Gracey, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Gracey Well-Known Member

This is what I see when I see the new metallic blue tile versus the neriak city festival blue marble tile. I know, I know, it's got a difference to it but not much. This is why I was disappointed.[IMG]
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

One is blue and the other is blue-green. You wanted royal blue?
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I agree with Gracee:
    the metallic blue tile seems basically the same color to me, with less detail then the Neriak tile.
    the metallic blue is as though a watered-down version of the Neriak tile,... nothing really distinctive about it,
    and it certainly does not have a sheen, as one would expect "metal" to have,...
  4. Gracey Well-Known Member

It wasn't that I "wanted" anything except a new color. I was just a little disappointed that it is in the same color wheel as the neriak tile. Yes - I expected metallic as per the name. I would also like the dev's to use colors you would find in a house. You know... Ask Sherwin Williams type thing.
  5. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Personally I would like a splotch of baby blue added to it. Or just make it a tad bit brighter.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I haven't played with the new tile yet. Is your specular lighting in Options set high enough to do good metal textures?
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

They look different to me 1 looks blue and the other more a blue/green turquoise maybe?
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

To me, the Neriak stuff looks a bit more dark grey/blue than anything; I don't see the green aspect, but what would I would've loved to have seen with anything named "metallic" would be something akin to the Burnished Metal stuff from the Marketplace: that stuff is gorgeous. :)

Or, barring that, at least let us have the full Building Block sets in these new colors. Maybe the Bristlebane Blue stuff will be even better for TARDIS building than the Neriak stuff! :D

Uwk
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I thought it might have a "sparkle" to it and I have my particles set to the highest they can go. I see it like Breanna sees it. I don't think Sherwin Williams would see me coming. I like colors that others would not typically use. The neons, like I said when I was diagnosed with Progressive MS it did something to me and the neons and dayglow orange draw me like a crow to shiny. I would so tile my house in ceramic neon green/yellow or dayglow orange.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow! Well, if they see our requests in the Wish List for other colors of Fog Tiles, hmm...grab some of those and slap 'em up over White Marble? /ponder

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

I know and understand the disappointment of some over the new blue tiles, though I have to say, I really like them. Blue just happens to be my favorite color, however, causing my opinion to be influenced by their lovely color.

I would love to see the new peach tiles and green tiles of Brewday in a pale olive green color and a stucco white color as well. As much as I love the verdant green color in some items, I think as a stucco, it would have made more sense to tone the green down, and maybe make these metal tiles in the verdant green instead. I absolutely love the new lemon yellow tiles, but again, think that color would have been more suited to the stucco tiles too.

Color coordination should be considered based on what type of texture is being applied (stucco should be pale in color, metal more vibrant) as well as what colors we may need to be made available in game, and I don't think these tiles were as well thought out as they should have been....but, please do not take this as a complaint as I'm just happy to have some new color choices available. :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Yeah. ;->

One thing I've noticed with the new metal yellow tiles, is that when you blow them up to like size 6, they do look awfully scratched and dinged up; I was thinking of replacing some Burnished Metal Tiles (now, THOSE are metal tiles! Sigghhh...) that I'd used for a few ceiling panels with the new yellow ones by swapping their numbers and consigning the Burnished to the Moving Crate, but oy, were the yellow ones in "bad shape" by themselves. At one point, though, they were both in the same spot before shifting the Burnished over, and together, they looked pretty awesome! The brightness of the yellow really smartened up the Burnished, and the smoothness of the Burnished help hide a lot of the yellows' flaws. :)

Uwk
    thinking: stucco textured light pastels could = adobe! :D
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Gracey Well-Known Member

I hope this wasn't taken as I don't like new tiles. I was (probably more than anyone) really looking forward to a new color/texture!!! I hope we still have more to come!!
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I like them as well, I just thought they would be shiny metal, I never stopped to think it could be a flat primer type finish on the metal.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Gracey, I did not take it that way at all, that you were complaining about the tiles. I understood that you were hoping for a new color, and I hope my post didn't feel like it was in any way inferring that you were complaining. I was just being apologetic in case my post came across that I was complaining, because I wasn't. :)
    Cyrrena, Gracey and Breanna like this.