Blood of Luclin Exclusive Key Art Reveal - Forbes Article

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 9, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hey All,

Just wanted to let everyone know there is an article on Forbes that's all about Blood of Luclin and has the key art reveal!

It even has a few quotes from Kaitheel!

and just in case you miss the first hyperlink.

Here you go!

Link.
  2. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Interesting read. The guy obviously has never played the game, but at least he was honest about that.
  3. Baphmistra Active Member

Jaw is now dropping again, it's really been 15 years? Seems like just the other day I got my first Frostfell present from Santa Glugg. Sigh, also not thrilled that the guy kept mentioning 15 years, while I'm pleased we've lasted that long (little else in RL has), it's disturbing to be reminded that 15 years ago someone had a great idea. This should be available as a player written book in EQ2, 1 that will be around for another 15 years. I know I should quit mentioning the 15 years, but I'm really trying to pretend it hasn't been that long since LON was working, and my dungeons actually got awards. Ah well, here's to another 15 years Congrats! (7 times I mentioned 15 years, maybe next year I'll manage?):)
  4. Cassta Well-Known Member

Edelphia made a good point regarding the author's honesty about not playing. Nice article, however the links at the end...hmmm how can I tactfully put this...were pretty painted fecal matter. :oops: The links would take you to a page of mostly ads, which is to be expected with Forbes. Once at the page you saw a list of topic links off to the right side. Several of these topics, such as the purchase and selling of plat, appear to be in violation of the EQ2 EULA. The links which appeared genuine, such as a necro spell page, send you to pages with more ads and more violations, such as downloading EQ2 through third-party sites not associated with Daybreak. I do not know what happens if you go to any of the secondary links, as I am virus phobic. :) I just realized I am a tattle-tail. :eek: I guess I'm talking about it because it really irked me. I expect better from Forbes and I hope there are not people going to bad sites and not joining the game because of it.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The article was great!! The advertising it will give the game is great!! The only issue is Forbes' webpage kept having issues and had to shutdown and reload.

I hope this brings people that might never have tried the game otherwise. Its to bad that he did not mention that there were many forums full of community members willing to help new players and will freely answer questions about classes, servers and such and offers of help depending upon which server new players choose to play on.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you can manage to copy the article without all the hyperlinks around it, paste it into notepad. Then copy notepad and paste that into an in game player made book. I do that all the time when I am mass producing wedding invitations and stuff like that.

EDIT: Ok I just copied it to notepad. It takes a while because you have to get around the hyperlinks and the pictures. And the Forbes page likes to stop responding or have an error and shutdown, but it can be done.
  7. Baphmistra Active Member

Not quite what I meant, but thank you for the effort. What I was commenting on was my attempt at putting 15 in my response 15 times, didn't make it.
    Merry Frostfell to all! :D
  8. Zinj Well-Known Member

I think the point should be made, especially with advertising, that you can start a level 1 character in EQII very easily now, and they are 10 times more survivable than they were when the game first started. And those 15 years of content make a very detailed world, not one that's single dimensional!
  9. Cassta Well-Known Member

Absolutely right Cyrrena! This fine article could have and hopefully will bring a new generation of players to the game.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What I usually do to emphasize the links in a post of mine (and I think I got this from Sigrdrifa, as well as other folks) is I'll go over the text once it's set up and bold it, so it's really obvious. 'Cause yeah, sometimes the thin maroon lettering can get lost in the thin black lettering. :)

Thanks for the link(s)! :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Trying to compete with the article writer? ;->

Uwk
    Baphmistra, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's weird; I didn't get any links at the end, other than to his other gaming articles (and one within the body of the text, direct to the official site on where to buy the expac), and all the art I saw was within the context of the article, with no hyperlinks attached to them at all. But I'm on Firefox, so I'm not sure what all I missed.

Apparently, not much! ;->

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True; since we're not the only game that does that, he could've put that into context. :-/

Oh well; at least my Forbes wasn't freaking out on my Firefox, for which I'm glad. :)

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! I just wish we had MORE advertising than just a single article here and there, no matter how well placed...does anyone know if this is also in the printed (basically, "important" :-/) edition of Forbes, or just the online one, since only online readers would be interested in this stuff (theoretically)? :-/

Uwk
    Baphmistra, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Next year you will need to get 16 into a post 16 times and then make up for the 15s that you missed this year!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Dude like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

easy 15 , 15 ,15, 15, 15, 15, 15 ,15 ,15 ,15 ,15 ,15 ,15 ,15, 111111555555 , 15 done.
    and Uwkete maybe you got a better pop up preventing program .
    I know you can stop all those adds on the eq2 wiki too so maybe you got something to stop those bad links.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Register on the wiki and log in... that stops most ads.

(2) Most browsers these days have a setting that prevents popups, or asks you to confirm if it should pop up.

(3) AdBlock Plus is Da Bomb for stopping ads anywhere, and it's available for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Edge (beta), Opera, and Yandex Browser.

(4) MalwareBytes paid edition will almost always stop malicious websites/ads from executing their nastiness on your computer.

(5) If you suspect that malware has infested your computer, try Major Geek's Malware Removal Guide. It will take you step-by-step through the process, using reputable, safe, and free tools.
  18. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

really?
    though a bit off-topic, I will add that Ad-Crap Plus is WELL known as a privacy catastrophe to begin with, and best to be avoided like the plague;
    Most browsers, by default, have insanely crappy(read: non-existent or buried so deeply might as well not exist) means of controlling what is allowed function on any website; MicroFlaccid's IE/Edge/whatevertheyrenamedtheirbrowserthisweek is by far the WORST, followed closely by Chrome.

I do not work for mpvs, uBlock, nor NoScript, all of which, by the way, are 100% FREE.

Better to rein in control of YOUR PC by editing your HOSTS file, which prevents 99.9999% of advertising and is a system-wide benefit(making only ONE connection to the site YOU asked for, as opposed to the 200 other servers your browser through ads/tracking/etc is trying to make):
    http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Additional reining would be accomplished in one's browser through the use of uBlock Origin
    https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki

and

NoScript
    https://noscript.net/faq

both of these add-ons allow one to train their browser to allow "A" and never allow "B" sites, both start with 100% blocking which protects one from those sites that add nefarious & hidden tracking/advertising/etc components to their site.
    Nice side effect of NoScript is one can see exactly how much CRAP websites put on their page(s) which is determined by the lengthy list of servers NoScript displays to allow or permanently forbid.

Lastly, NOT running around on the Internet with Administrative privileges* is well proven to mitigate a vast majority of security problems on one's PC.
    *which means your browser has Admin rights, which also means every site you visit has ADMIN RIGHTS ON YOUR PC.
    https://www.computerworld.com/artic...-vulnerabilities-can-be-easily-mitigated.html

Further enforcing the above, consider the purposeful disabling of unneeded and superfluous services, then the nefarious actor/site does not have the ability to install Malicious Software on your PC.
    http://www.blackviper.com/category/guides/service-configurations/
    (information available for winXP~winX)++

++I have specific information from personal experience for win7 available upon request; PM me.
  19. Baphmistra Active Member

No, not compete with a "Professional" writer, me never. Many things I've been accused of over the years, but that's a first. Besides with my nonexistent, purely fictitious job posting things here how could I ever compete with a "Professional" writer? I don't have the masses reading my every word like he does, so there is no way to compete. That being said you might have hinted at a possible career change, so I'll put this out there, if anyone wants an article written let me know, willing to be paid in DB$.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck and fair fortune! :)

Uwk
    Baphmistra, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.