Blood of Luclin: Collector's Overseer Pack

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Merriel, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

So I claimed this from my /claims, and it contained three crates of overseers. Two of these crates, however, contain identical overseers. The three crates are non-tradeable, but the overseers in them are heirloom, which is all fine and dandy...

BUT...

The pack is claimable on all characters on the account, so what is the point of that identical crate held within the pack?

I would like to assume that it was supposed to have contained a third batch of overseers, or even overseer quests, but of course, it is never safe to assume anything. Please let us know if this third, identical crate will be "fixed" or was simply given in error?
    EmJay, Quillyne and Carynn like this.
  2. Adept Active Member

I purchased a version of expansion to get more overseer crates.
    I thought maybe there was meant to be a chance of random rares and duplications were just the (bad) luck of the draw except all crates on account seemed to be same mix. Shame on them!

I also purchased on my boxed accounts .. and they also had the same mix of overseers ... shame on me!
    EmJay likes this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

It turns out the crates were not working as intended, just as I had thought...just not in the manner I had expected. Now, when I claim the crates on other toons, you get to choose exactly one overseer from each of the three crates, so getting ALL the overseers was apparently the "bug" on these crates. It makes more sense now, why two crates would have identical overseers in them. Kinda wish I had claimed it on everyone first, though, knowing this now, hehe. Ahh well, such is life. :D
    Carynn likes this.
  4. Bluhr Member

Was that really the bug? Did support say that? I was able to claim the crates on multiple characters the first day or so and now I get the crates that let me choose ONE from each crate. This isn't what the crates say though. If you examine them, they say Unpack this crate to receive your Blood of Luclin: Collector's Overseer Pack" and show "Contains Items" then displays all the agents. No where does it say Unpack this crate to choose ONE following items... Did this come up in the update notes over the last few days? I missed it if it did.
    spinnock likes this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

No, support did not tell me that. I just assumed since it's been changed to such, that that is the case. It makes more sense to me, being that we received duplicate crates of the same overseers, that that is how they intended it to work. My main has a whole bunch of overseers but all my alts will not have nearly as many, if this is how they intended it to be.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Sadly, if you look at the expansion page and hover over the Premium Overseer Pack it says you only get three. I don't know if it always said that.
    spinnock, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

Some folks got a bunch of them though...I only have 3-4 main ones and a couple of the odd ones with no traits
  8. spinnock New Member

No it did not originally say that, but it does now. I also opened 2 of the boxes(received all overseers in crates for fabled and standard), saved my celestial box and opened it after the patch and only received 1 overseer vs. the entire crate as advertised and purchased...cs ticketed(told to bug report it-not their problem basically), bug reported it, received a fabled box and a standard box(still broken,) and no fixed celestial crate. Anyone who opened their crates prior to that patch received all the overseers in each crate) anyone who opened them after the patch received a "choice of 1" and i don't believe they are going to fix it.
    Dude and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Marae Well-Known Member

I got the Blood of Luclin Collector's Edition on one account and the Premium Edition on the other account in part because of the overseer crates. When I claimed my first overseer crate, on the account with the Collector's Edition, it looked like I had gotten three boxes full of overseer agents - two of which were identical - not boxes offering a choice of agents. It was exactly the situation described by the original poster, and I was concerned that if I opened the crates I'd end up with a whole bunch of extra agents I couldn't use.

It was even worse on the account with the Premium Edition, because there I would have had three of one assortment (two from the Collector's Edition crate and one from the other), two of a second (the "odd" one from the Collector's Edition and the same one from the Premium edition) and a single one that was unique to the Premium edition. I could not imagine what they expected us to do with all those duplicate agents, and I sure as heck didn't want to waste my time pitching them out.

I debated over just going ahead and claiming and opening and pitching so I could get started with overseeing, or waiting until they realized what had happened and put our "proper" crates up to claim. I was most concerned that if I went ahead and claimed, I would not be able to get the ones I was supposed to have after the fact. So I decided to wait until they fixed the issue.

Guess I should have opened and pitched, but now I don't have to do any pitching and I can live with that. I have enough characters on each account that I can get almost all the overseers for one character, and you really only need one Overseer, so that will work.

I just wish they had been more clear about things to begin with.
    Wulfgyr likes this.