Bleed through...from the post in the beta forums, some clarification please

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Loke, Oct 16, 2018.

1. quisling Well-Known Member

Look at the resolve req for raid t2...if the potency etc are commensurate, It is pretty easy to see folks in t1/t2 raid gear duo'ing zones.
  2. cancelledall6accounts New Member

im done with this expac with t2 group having 1300 resolve but dying to trash its time to move on.. been playing since beta 2004.... good luck with your lifetime memberships to a dead game.....cancelled my 6 accounts plus I prolly spent around $300 a month in kronos every month for years now..
  3. Revanu Well-Known Member

Au revoir. Thanks for your contributions.
    Breanna and Magmag like this.
  4. Magmag Active Member

Sorry T1s are so hard for you that you think that's impossible. You're wrong.
  5. Magmag Active Member

If you're dying to trash it's a you problem my friend. Have fun in an easier game like WoW I suppose. Peace.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Joolsg New Member

I'm not calling BS on duo'ing zones, I know from previous xpacs and personal experience that this is possible.

But regarding your reply Mad, I looked in my chat logs;
    [Fri Dec 21 17:45:44 2018] [Madmarg] tells LFG (5), "T1 weekly last slot for troub/high dps/warden"

NOT saying that you need the warden though!!
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

Hmm that’s strange, that’s not his toons name... lol
  8. Magmag Active Member

I am Magarino, like I told you in the post. You don't know what you are talking about. My main last expansion was Magmag. They are in the same guild. I do not know who Madmarg is. If you look very closely at my name you will notice the third letter of it is in fact a G, not a D. My characters are very much unlocked on eq2wire, go there and look up Magarino and tell me how impossible it is to duo T1 zones. Try again.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Kari Well-Known Member

If your main is a zerker this expac and it was a wizard last expac, do you play a healer at all? From your posts I had expected to find an uber shaman that I could look at in EQ2U for gear and spec ideas.
  10. Magmag Active Member

I play a Templar named Magatron. He's my only alt now. Wizards are dead still, RIP my favorite class. I know of some strong Shaman though. Tamila and Chahcha are 2 good long-time mystics and Pittaa is a good defiler. I think their toons are open on eq2wire. Pittaa is an alt now but the spec is still good.
  11. Joolsg New Member

Ohhh you are a Templar.
    I know templars have no issues with T1 or T2, seems (from feedback in the guild from our templars), that they find it easy to heal both those solo.
    Sorry, can't read ….. :)
  12. Kari Well-Known Member

I looked at the defiler (as I play defiler), but it looks like she hasn't done any current content this expac, as her resolve is around 900.
  13. Kari Well-Known Member

I have been toying with transferring my templar over from AB to try her out, but I don't want to reward them for nerfing me. So she has been sitting in mothballs while I work with the defiler.

It is getting much easier now that my friends are all geared up, but when we try to bring people in that have marginal gear, it becomes very messy and embarrassing. I hate how my performance is based on other people rather than what I work on for myself.
  14. Magmag Active Member

Double post accident
  15. Magmag Active Member

Right, I edited my post to add that the spec is still good but that toon is an alt now. I also like that the success of the group depends on everybody. It's a team game!
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Revanu Well-Known Member

Such a paddie
  17. Songwind Member

I would not say healing is balanced now, I would say far from it. I will say the worm has most definitely turned in favor of Druid healing, I do not know about Plate healers. I just ran a T1 Heroic with another healer (a Warden) and her Potency is about 58.8K and mine is 70.6K and she healed circles around me. We are in the same guild and raided last expansion and I healed circles around her then. She is a good healer no doubt about it but so am I. All my stats are higher then hers also. This to me this just shows how much chain/shaman healers have been nerf'ed.
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

in raid now ... templars and mystics are still top in my guild.

now on some fights I know mystics have issues solo healing .. or must be a lot more carefull than before. while wardens and templars have the "easiest" time solo healing raid

but healing is more balanced now. I mean in KA ... druids and inquis had such a hard time ... in PoP ... heroic .. most healers were balanced, inquis may have struggled a bit more ... and in Guk .. all healers struggled. maybe templars and wardens had easiest time.

in CD ... feels all healers can work well alone. inquisitors seem to do ok again ... shamans have been nerfed but still do ok. They need to relearn ... but they do ok. They can solo heal all content.
    tho shamans may be hit the most from the heal debuff. I guess the heal debuff impacts wards more than heals .. and that's why below a potency threshold, you seem to heal less. But once u reach 75k-80k .. thing will change.

heals aren't touched as much because they were already overhealing for so much that the debuff almost don't impact them.

u just will see with more potency, wards will get a lot better.
  19. Magmag Active Member

I'm not trying to be mean, but if a warden was healing circles around you in heroic zones as a shaman it's a you problem. Shaman are fine. Before they were literally twice as good to have in heroics as any other healer. Now they're balanced and shaman players think that means they suck because they can't just easily solo heal everything. Now you can actually see a vast difference between a good shaman and a bad one, as it should be.
    Earar and Revanu like this.
  20. Melkior Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is the way parses work. Shaman topped the parse because wards took the damage even if reactive or HoTs were available at the same time. Now since BT chops through wards, the HoTs and reactives are taking affect normally before I have time to cast my slow direct heals. Personally I don't care about parses, I care whether my group survives.

There's also currently the issue with the bug with the group ward that is not applying across the whole group. Members of my group are not using the ward at all even though it is up. This is not true of single targets, but it takes a large amount of time to ST ward each person in my group. (~20 seconds) That leaves about 10 seconds for other cures, heals, buffs, debuffs, rezzes, or damage spells, before needing to restart the cycle. It can be done, yes, but it is not fun and almost no margin for error. Maybe this gets better if they fix the bug, and maybe more potency helps, but right now I don't feel I bring much to a group as a Mystic.

Yes I'm relearning how to play, but Shaman are NOT fine. I don't need easy mode, I played through ToV and managed. I'm sure I'll figure something out eventually with this as well. But I still believe this change needs adjusting.