Bleed through...from the post in the beta forums, some clarification please

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Loke, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Heccie Thump Member

I am not doubting that. Mystics got the ****** end of the stick, but all the healers have been there at some point in the history of the game. After the next round of buffs and nerfs and minor tweaking to mechanics it will be someone else. I remember a few expansions ago when Mystic was king of the hill and all defilers were betraying over, then the following expansion it went back the other way. Shammies aren't great at the moment, which is why I mainly play my Channeler nowadays ... but that is a different story again!!
    Raff and Snikkety like this.
  2. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I didn't say Shaman "require" a partner healer in raid, they just actually work well with one now as opposed to the past three expacs where a second healer was redundant.

I have seen average shaman across multiple guilds solo heal raid content. It is tougher than in years past for them...but it isnt impossible and the classes are still wanted in raid/heroic.

Honestly, I would rather shaman get a boost to their debuffs and make them useful at slowing down incoming damage to align closer to their original design.
    Raff and Pixistik like this.
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Bleedthrough was and still is a poor man's band-aid to healer class balance. It's been what near 3.5 years since it initially came into play (halfway through ToT) and it's gotten progressively worse as time went by. I see some of the same players commenting now that commented then and IMO unless the devs do a number of things it's not going to get any better. 1) Actually learn and play healers and the mechanics of those classes...as far as I know not one dev currently plays any healer and you would have to go all the way back to SF where they did consistently. Designing mechanics changes for fasle "balance" or stymie progression does not equate to Quality of Life fixes for the classes. 2) Listen to your player base period. We have played these classes through the good, the bad and the ugly parts of this game for a long time some of us near launch and yet most of our suggestions are left to gather dust until the devs need a shiny new change to distract us (you didnt really think the addition of a ward to mana cure and glory or our 2.0 group ward were new most were suggested back in DoV some other ToV) which shows they do listen albeit a snails pace and any good suggestions you've posted will more than likely make an appearance when they need a new distraction.

Back in ToT when Bleedthrough came in the good players were looking for ways to adjust their play-style to compensate which was short term thinking....the smart players were considering how bad it will get down the road not just one xpac or 2 but long term some players rejected the concerns and here we are 3.5 years later Bleedthrough 2.0 now with the healer debuff's to outgoing and incoming heals(which has yet to be fully explained btw)....what awaits us next xpac does not look promising...the issues mystics are having now are the proverbial canary in the cole mine.
    Yumie likes this.
  4. Hdizzleh Member

Speaking as a raid mystic myself, i find the bleedthrough a tiny bit excessive but i do like the challenge. Solo healing is more difficult, but definitely do-able with good rotation of your direct heals and not just relying on wards themselves. The past few xpacs when hot classes struggled was very similar - i saw many wardens and furies still solo healing, it was just much more difficult...

My only complaint is that i have more difficulty solo-healing our main tank now with the addition of bulwarks... With a 2-trigger (aa-spec) death prevent having a recast of only every 5 minutes, and a diety 1 trigger DP with a 10 minute recast, i have struggled solo healing a main tank group for the first time. There's a guaranteed death every few bulwarks if the tanks are not swapping.. Moving forward, i'd love to see an additional DP added or removal of the insta-death factor on the tanks. Its hard enough filling a raid for the casual guilds, and healers always seem to be sparse. No matter the class, solo healing (albeit difficult) should be a bit more do-able.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The tanks should be covering most of the barrage saves themselves, only calling for healer death saves when theirs are down, since tanks have more death saves than healers and most of theirs come back faster than healer death saves as well.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Bleedthrough is a pain, but it is not a class killer. I can solo heal T1 & T2's on my defiler with no problem. But when we run a defiler / warden combo...both healers get to relax a bit & add to the dps. Unless, we are running Kael, of course.
  7. Crayons New Member

Defilers Have it easy mode with all the heals they get, maelstrom spirits, heals that trigger when they cast their wards ect, Mystics literally have none of that they have tot protection their group heal and ancenstral channeling, that is the 3 main buttons on a mystic, anything else being pushed will result in deaths even being fully geared at the end of an xpac solo healing t2 eperts.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

Yes, now it is the mystics turn at the short end of the stick. All healers have been there at one time or another over the years. Which is why I keep a corral of max level or near max level healers on hand.

Cause you never know which one is going to get that short stick in the next expac. Or which heal class is gonna become the new "gotta have".
  9. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Mystics have a tiny, tiny bit harder time healing and in turn get the best offensive buffs in the game...fair trade imo.
  10. Crayons New Member

I agree with ya, i picked Mystic back up and honestly its not too hard if you are specced right and know what you are doing.. Maybe people just complain because it actually requires just a tiny bit of skill now..