Blackscale Sepulcher

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-hanfred, Feb 27, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

Something is up with this event, It has changed in the last few days. We have completed it many times, but last 2 times we have done the exact same thing we always did, many times, and no named would spawn at the end.

I am not sure if it is just random or if it can bug out. There are no specific instructions on how to complete it (other than what is implied) so it is kind of hard to tell. Anyone else notice this?
  2. ARCHIVED-Teche Guest

We have done this the past two nights with No issues .. 5 / 6 Mar On the GrobbFrost server... so it must be random problems.
    Message Edited by Teche on 03-07-200608:43 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Vormulac Guest

completed again last night, same no issue. 2 bp's dropped hehe.

Vormulac Unsleep
    Guild Leader Shattered Moon
    Neriak
  4. ARCHIVED-Eetum Guest

Day before yesterday we tried four times and couldn't pop the named. Yesterday it worked fine.
    Perhaps they fixed it. Anyone else still having trouble?
  5. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Yeah worked for us last night.
    We just killed and killed and at one point got 2 stewards up.
    Our warlock kept them rooted until the 3rd and then the 4th popped...once the 4th popped we let them all charge us and beat them down almost at the same time...they died no more than 5-10 seconds apart and the named popped for us.
    Beat him down and got some very nice scout shoulders x2 in the box.
  6. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

Okay I figued out this bug I think.

First off, all the stuff about it being 15 seconds, 10 seconds, etc - all a bunch of crap. All you have to do is get all 4 stewards up, then kill all 4 before the first one you killed respawns. That is all. It is a lot like the Rathe encounter in EQ1.

The bug is with the quest 'To Speak the Unspoken' , the third quest from Arbitor Selek. If one or more persons have this quest and the rest do not, the final named (Grash, Timant, Tival) absolutely will not spawn no matter what you do. We tried putting all down to 2% and killing almost simultaniously, we tried doing the ring 5 times over, we tried not having a pet make kills, we try mentoring, we tried everything. Then, the person with the quest disbanded from the group, we completed the ring and the named popped like normal. The problem is the quest.

This is a major issue because this (presumeably) is Deathtoll access and also somewhat obsure and could cause problems for non guild groups / people who are not all on the same step.
  7. ARCHIVED-Soupa Guest

omg keldoth, you are a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing genius, it worked ROFL, dont think its luck?
  8. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

We tried it 15+ times over a course of 3 nights and it never worked for us. Another group in the guild completed it without a problem doing nothing special, so we went back today.. and it still didn't pop for us. We tried many things, again, and then finally decided to have the person with the quest disband and it popped the next time.

I am fairly certain it is not luck and this quest is definitly the culprit. It also explains why no one seems to have many issues in this thread, as being on the 3rd part of that kind of obscure quest would be fairly rare.
  9. ARCHIVED-Eetum Guest

Arbitor Selek's other quest 'By Land? By Air? By Sea?' bugs it also.
    Message Edited by Eetum on 03-09-200603:57 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Manusra Guest

Keldoth & Eetum, Thanks! Had my guildes delete By Air by Sea and the Unspoken quests and the named poped on 1st try! Thanks alot!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Kazora Guest

um this must be fixed? did blackscale on both 3/8 and 3/9 whiekl having to speak the unspoken active, with others in the group not having the quest and popped named both times np
    Message Edited by rozakk on 03-10-200605:02 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Ayattollah Guest

Been there 2 times never managed the named to spawn and we tried almost everything, dont know if anyone in group had the quest or not though

This morning a guildie group was in there and they managed to spawn the named at first try will someone in their group had the quest but others didnt.

So is it a bug is it luck is it something else? was hotfixed maybe this morning or something? it would be nice we get some dev response so we know whats up
  13. ARCHIVED-Duhulk Guest

My guess is people who have the quest aren't doing something they're suppose to in the zone prior to this...

Or it was just broken and is now fixed =p
  14. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Soupa Guest

nvm appears to be random, bugged again for us
    Message Edited by Soupa on 03-11-200604:54 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Duhulk Guest

We had two with the quest, in group, and it worked fine for us.
  17. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

yeah it fixed when they hotfixed it, no longer an issue.
  18. ARCHIVED-kerel Guest

Tried this 4 times tonight, killed all 4 stewards within 5secs and still no named, two nights in a row now.
  19. ARCHIVED-Uumuuanu Guest

Ditto. Its bugged. We tried it 5 times tonight and finally gave up. this is at least the 4th time we have tried this and killed all 4 stewards multiple times, tonight we did it with an AE (all 4 dead at once) and it still didn't work. We checked all of the quest journals, made sure no one had the conflicting quests, its simply not working.
    Devs this needs to be fixed NOW, its not fun if it doesn't work. This has been going on since beta and has been a problem. If it wasn't conflicting with another quest, it simply wasn't working. You tried patching it, perhaps a redesign is in order.
  20. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

The group I was with there today tried it for 3 hours yesterday, no luck. Even am GM respawning the entire zone could not help.
    Today we didn't get it to work, either. Tried 3 times.
    Then I looked in the thread here. Two of us had the "By Air, by sea, by land", me and someone that was there yesterday. We both deleted the quest. Afterwards, the name spawned on the first try.
    This is on a Euro server, we lag a bit behind patchwise...