Blackscale Sepulcher

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-hanfred, Feb 27, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-hanfred Guest

When visiting all the instances in KoS we finally went to the Blackscale Sepulcher. After cleaning the zone we met a Ghost Dragon guy. He told us to release him so he can talk to us. Destroy some sign or something like that and kill some dudes in the zone.

Well we didn't find this sign anywhere and killed the mobs a few times but nothing happens.

Since there's only one named mob in that zone and this non-activatble dragon, does anyone what to do to go further in this zone?
  2. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

There are 2 nameds in this instance. Read what he says, you must release his soul there are 4 who control it. I don't really want to spoil it, but at the end, the mobs keep respawning in that room, Firebrands, Razorwings, Plague Bearers, and Steward of the Souls. Oh and there are 4 spawns. I think you can maybe figure it out from here.
  3. ARCHIVED-Uumuuanu Guest

Yeah we got to that part and over 2 hours later, we still hadn't gotten it to work. I know in beta there was mention that the ring event was busted, so I am not so sure that it still isn't buggy. Not to mention that we cleared everything out of the zone other then the dragon and the 4 that kept respawning and never got it to work. Kind of annoying. We all finally gave up long after midnight and when a friend said he spent 6 hours doing it to get it to work.
  4. ARCHIVED-illy586 Guest

After clearing the zone the dragon still does not spawn, don't no if its a bug or you need some sort of quest to get him to spawn.
  5. ARCHIVED-Uumuuanu Guest

Its not just a matter of clearing it out, you have to get the ring event to work, which it doesn't appear to be working. 2 hours of trying different strategies when it didnt work the first time (including trying to get 4 of a kind of any given mob in the ring even, killing all 4 of them at once, nada, we couldnt get it to work).
  6. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

It works, did it last night and the night before without any issues. Nearly kill steward, mez, pull next mob, if not steward kill, else mez when nearly dead, do it again with the 3rd, nearly kill the 4th, then kill the other 3 all at the same time, and you will get the ring event complete. It's a lot of fun.
  7. ARCHIVED-Slunk Guest

Have gotten the ring event to work the last few nights. I'd like to mention though that mez isn't needed to make it work - though it is certainly a viable strat there.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bruinthor Guest

After the 1st named. Kill the 4 Placeholders around the central spike in the room. What you are looking for are 4 Stewards of the Seal at the same time. You have to burn these down either very fast, or at the same time in order for the Ring Event to pop. If you kill them fast enough you get the other named.

Could a SOE representative tell us if that is all there is to the Zone? As was previously stated, after clearing the whole zone (ring event and named) the NPC Dragon is still not aggro. Is he supposed to go aggro (is this a bug?) or is he supposed to stay that way? I've read his dialogue and it hints that he would "live again" if we defeated the Stewards/named, which was done and nothing happened.
    Any information would be helpful, thanks. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-AngelVyxen Guest

There is another way to get the 4 stewards at once other than burning really fast and praying for them to repop.. you just gotta try different strategies. It's not bugged. Now, whether or not the dragon is supposed to spawn - I think he's just a quest mob.
  10. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Yep, from reading what he says it sounds like deathtoll access related.
  11. ARCHIVED-SatinyChef Guest

We took an illusionist in just the other night. Did the seal event exactly as intended (kill seal 1 to 10%, mez, kill seal 2 to 10%, mez, etc, when all 4 seals are mezzed at 10% hp, aoe them down on the stalactite, so they die at the same time), in fact, we did it 4 times, the exact same way, and no dice. We gave up after an hour and a half, having successfully spawned the named in the previous night's excursion.

So I think there is definately some sort of bug associated with this. One night its fine, the next, nada. My guildies were having the same problem.
  12. ARCHIVED-Teche Guest

We did this last night and it worked fine, but still no joy with the dragon, it kinda looked like it was a faction problem or somthing /shrug I will pay more attention next time.
  13. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

The dragon isn't a killable mob. It's a quest mob that tells a story. It seems very likely that it's for deathtoll access.
  14. ARCHIVED-Manusra Guest

Spent some time on this today, got all 4 Stewards down to 2% and mezzed all 4. With all 4 mezzed at 2% we killed them within 5-10 seconds 3 times in a row and no named spawned.

Can someone confirm the time window in which all Stewards must die? I cant believe its less than 5 seconds or so since it would make it really hard if not impposible for a team without an enchanter.

Thanks.
  15. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

You get a good 15 seconds to kill them all.
  16. ARCHIVED-Manusra Guest

Thanks for the reply Pinski :smileyhappy: We must have been somehow bugged then cause all 3 attempts wehere definatley under 15 seconds. Have you ever been there and just weren't able to do it at all no matter what? We were doing it so fast the last 2 times we started to think you may have to do it within 2 seconds or less.
  17. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

ok im not understanding this zone at all are we just having bad luck.....we clear the whole zone kill the 1st namer drops a duel wield sword we clear by the dragon hail him tells us he cant talk till we breack the four seals ok so we move to the room with the 4 mobs that repop we kill the phs when one pops as a steward we mez it and move to the next we get all 4 up at the same time and kill all 4 in less than 5 seconds but no nammer pops treid it many many times with no luck while a friend says he gets namer first time everytime..are we missing something do we have to kill the 4 mobs in an order? does it matter where the mobs die? or is it jsut more random luck time sink bs from soe....i read the post here and it sounds easy enough but when we tried it it didnt happen...
  18. ARCHIVED-Vormulac Guest

k this is very simple guys, kill all 4 stewards at the same time, this can either be done with mez or with a good tank, (they only change if they are not agro'd) could even possibly use root. It is doable few of our tanks are wearing the bp's, got the 2 handers scouts using the pauldrons etc. Most of our guild does this event everynight cause it drops nice stuff.

Go back and talk to the dragon maybe rather than trying to kil it once he is released, and hear what he is trying to tell you.

Vormulac Unsleep
    Guild Leader Shattered Moon
    Neriakithicor
  19. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

thats the thing we did exactly that i pulled all the stwerds and let them beat on me till we had 4 than killed em we mezed than we rooted with killed all 4 stewards over 20 times in under 10 seconds, i know it sounds very easy but it doesnt seem to be working we will try again tommorow mayb it will work
  20. ARCHIVED-Manusra Guest

We used the mez method 4 times in a row no luck. Did exactly the same as the methods mentioned above to no avail. Guess we'll try again soon.
    Thanks.