Black Friday Specials for EQII!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Katz Well-Known Member

Buy the one depot on marketplace that holds 30 fuel and also use the tinkered depot that holds 50. Now you have enough to hold all the fuel. You can put both of these in the same house.
    Shmogre and Tinrae like this.
  2. Myles New Member

I agree with Revel. Nothing about 25% off will entice me to spend money. Good for those taking advantage of the discount, but I waited expecting something good and received only an underwhelming special.
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Evilgracie Member

Thanks Katz, I shall try that.

I'm a bit of gambler so I did the 7 pack mercenary bundle. Wasn't happy to receive 3 DUPS! So I really only got 4 and of course, none of them are the ones I wanted. <sigh> And yes, I did know better...
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

LOL...some of you people. No matter what DBC does, someone will hate it and post about it here.

Pathetic.
    Spindle likes this.
  5. Revel Well-Known Member

I imagine there will be another sale for the holidays as Christmas approaches.
  6. Evilgracie Member

Hey Katz... Thanks, your suggestion quickly solved my problem. Also, I didn't realize they had a depot for spells and recipe books so now it's so much easier to share across all my alts! Now if I could just share my mercenaries across all my alts ;)
  7. Alexae New Member

Raff, it's not pathetic. Last year we got a 50% discount. This year it's 25. I also was looking forward to spending some money on discounted station cash, but I won't bother now, as money is tight this time of year. On a brighter note, DBG has helped me spend more responsibly. :D
  8. Tinrae Member

Nice, both my spouse & I will probably pick up some points. Not as good of a discount as in the past, as others have said, but we don't buy points frequently anyway and now is a good time to stock up for incidental purchases later on. :)

You just made my morning. I recently bought and placed my first tinkered depots and was wondering how to fit more fuels in my house. Thanks for the heads up!
    Spindle likes this.
  9. dngrmse Active Member

Same here.

I will not play carnival games in order to win the equivalent of plastic kewpie dolls. The way I see it, I keep my money, and DBG keeps their consolation prizes that no one uses.

If all the mercs were better than can be acquired in game right now....that'd be different. If I could use the less than stellar consolation mercs to improve existing mercs....that might convince me to take my chances. But the way it works now does not appeal to me.
  10. Katz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. I was turning virtual cartwheels myself when I found out you can do this. It really cut down on a lot of zoning for my crafters.
    Xillean and Spindle like this.
  11. Bazinix Member

Hard time? buddy.. there are games that run on 9$ a month per sub without Micro transactions indeffently.. And you call this game a HARD time? *rolls eyes*
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I am sure they will, but why would you post cyber monday deals during black friday
    Kittybock likes this.
  13. Dexella Associate Producer

Hey folks,

Quick update from the Dev team -- we are aware of the Martketplace crash issue, and unfortunately, we cannot get a fix in before the sale on Mercenary Packs ends. However, while you want be able to buy the bundles if you're experiencing this crash, you can go into the Merc Zone (Rogues Gallery, found in the Merc areas in Freeport or Qeynos) and buy them from a merchant there at the discounted price.

Thanks!

~Dexella
    Kuulei and Kittybock like this.
  14. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

But players standing around buying the merc crates from that merchant are breaking the zone. Too many characters in there stops you from hiring a merc. That merchant should be moved outside of the rogues gallery.
  15. Losadunai Active Member

Question about the merc crates -

Martial mercs were retired in August, correct?

But I see them there in the sale section.

I just want to be sure, that if I buy a martial crate or pack of crates, I am not going to be unable to open them once I get it. Maybe I sound overly paranoid but, i just wanna be sure before I blow my DBC lol
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

I am guessing this is a typo and should read 'wont'? I'm curious though...if they are random from the crates, we can still select a specific merc that comes from these random crates, in the rogues gallery?

Edit: Ok so I visited the rogues gallery, and I can see each of the mercs that come from the crates, but when I click on them, they tell me to go away. No option to purchase them, so they are not available even from there. :/
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's not directly from each merc, it's a merchant in the center area, against a wall. Merchant will sell the crates.
  18. Maddestmonte Member

As someone that hadn't seen double or triple SC (FTP didn't exist last I played EQ2, coming back after long time off) , even at 25% off I had some appearance mounts and stuff I was interested in...and a few other things like unlocking the races, but at 25% off I just didn't pull the trigger.

Guaranteed if it had been 50% off I would have pulled the trigger and tossed some extra cash to DBC
    Feldon likes this.
  19. HoneyGram57 New Member

I had to open a ticket because I couldn't buy SC at the 25% discount; kept getting an error message. I did a copy/paste of the message to the ticket so I hope they'll still give me the discount once they get it sorted out.
  20. Tiwi New Member

Thanks for the update, Dexella. Do you think an actual fix will be coming? I just got an answer back on my ticket (RE the game crashing whenever I open the marketplace) and I was told that Daybreak would not be supporting Vista players any more. Missing out on the sales is no biggie. But at this point, I can't even open the marketplace to use the 12 year vet reward tokens or spend the DBC I have in there. Not to mention any DBC I might receive for being a paid subscriber. If what I was told is true, it would seem that Daybreak would rather lose money in the marketplace and possibly paid subscribers than find a work-around. I'm hoping there's some confusion and it's merely a matter of waiting for a fix? Thanks =)