Black Friday Specials for EQII!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

We’re wrapping up Thanksgiving celebrations here at Daybreak, and one of the things we’re thankful for this year is you! To celebrate, we’re offering 25% off when you buy 1,000 ($10.00 US) DBC or more direct from the website on Black Friday!

From 12:01AM through 11:59PM PST on Friday, November 27th, when you go to purchase 1,000 DBC to 10,000 DBC from our website, you will get 25% off your purchase! It takes three simple steps:

Step 1: Log in to the website at www.daybreakgames.com/daybreakcash
    Step 2: Pick a denomination from 1,000DBC to 10,000 DBC
    Step 3: Save 25% on your purchase, and get ready for the holiday season!

Once your Daybreak Account wallet is nice and full, make sure you check back throughout the holiday season for other great sales and promotions!

And that’s not all! From 12:01AM on Friday, November 27th through 11:59PM on Sunday, November 29th, all Mercenary Packs will be on sale in the EverQuest II Marketplace for 50% Off! Don’t go into holiday battles alone; have a merc by your side!

[3:52PM PST, November 27 - UPDATE]: We are aware of the Martketplace crash issue, and unfortunately, we cannot get a fix in before the sale on Mercenary Packs ends. However, while you want be able to buy the bundles if you're experiencing this crash, you can go into the Merc Zone (Rogues Gallery, found in the Merc areas in Freeport or Qeynos) and buy them from a merchant there at the discounted price.

Please note: the discount does not apply to 500 DBC ($5.00) purchases, nor does it apply to game cards. Daybreak Cash is usable across all Daybreak PC titles. Daybreak Cash cannot be used on the PSN.
  2. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

This is a good idea, but does me no good. For weeks now, EVERY time I try to open the marketplace my game hard crashes to desktop with an unrecoverable error. (appcrash). If I can't even spend the little DBC I have, I'm not about to buy more....

And reading recent info on free transfers, nobody that isn't All Access will be able to use that offer I wonder if this sale is a related appeasement somehow.

Happy Holidays...
  3. Savvy Member

Whoopee! Last year we got 50% deal to buy DBC .. I guess times are tuff at the new corporate HQ ...
    Revel, Filly67, Kalderon and 2 others like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Monukta have you tried to go directly to the homepage log in and buy the stuff there ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Snivel Member

According to this thread Marketplace would not appear to be available to XP nor Vista users at this time.

It seems a "fix" may be in place next Thursday, and even then with some restriction.

As to the comment regarding front end purchases, the only things available to buy are DBC, Expansions, Membership, and Krono.
    Feldon and Hartsmith like this.
  6. SamuelEQ New Member

This crap always happens. I don't get paid until Monday and had planned to buy 10k DBC. If this was happening on Cyber Monday I would be able to buy 20k instead and have enough to last me a long time :(
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Usually the DBC goes on sale on black friday and cyber monday they get you to spend it with sales in the marketplace!
    Feldon likes this.
  8. Lilimoon Member

Just bought 2000 DBC right now... you can keep your 25% off...and your Mercenary Packs.
    I miss the old days /:
    Those old days where i was happy to spend hundred of euros on EQ2.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Thilka Member

EDIT: My reading comprehension is terrible, and I forgot I live in a time zone where I'm a day ahead.
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I am sorry you didn't read the forums before purchase.
    I am hoping they have the 12 days of frostfell again. If I recall correctly, the have daily specials and you will be able to spend it wisely.
    Feldon and Xaochi like this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Love the sale on the DBC. Won't touch the merc packs, though...they are simply not worth it. For one, I don't like the gamble that comes with them, and for another, I can only use one merc at a time, so why do I want to purchase merc packs in bundles of 3 or 7? I'll stick with Kluuron, thank you! :)
    Feldon, GrunEQ and Lucus like this.
  12. Flaxen New Member

I don't know why people still choose to complain about the lack of discount. The incredible discounts of the past have been long gone for a while now.
    I will say however, that I do think it is strange that Daybreak isn't taking advantage of Cyber Monday as well.
  13. Ellimist Active Member

They are. Its just not in this message. All Access get 25% off most items in store it says.
    Flaxen likes this.
  14. Amoon Member

My turn to complain.. Thank you guys and gals at DBG for the new content and the job you keep doing so i can enjoy this game.
    If not you all you at DBG's i would have to play some really awful game like wow or some ****. Please keep up the great job, look forward to more years of EQ2 thank you
    Flaxen, Vladislav and Galldora like this.
  15. Louly Well-Known Member

Thank you!!!!! :D :D :D
  16. Laaw Well-Known Member

love the new content, all else is bonus people.
    Galldora likes this.
  17. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Ok, you twisted my arm ;)
    But about the mercs....if I could pick which ones I wanted, I'd be buying...but I can't, so I won't.
    Quillyne, dngrmse and Sigrdrifa like this.
  18. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Did get some DBc, but skipped on the Merc crate. I would rather buy furniture!
    Our Player Studio folk are putting out some amazing things!
    Merriel likes this.
  19. Evilgracie Member

Thanks for the discount! Always a good time to stock up on DBC. While I do miss the deeper discounts of the past, I'm happy with what I can get and happy to spend dollars to keep EQ2 up and running. I'm sure as soon as it's not profitable, it will be retired so let me pitch in and keep it going!

One question on mercs though, is the only way to get certain ones through the purchase only? When I go into the Rogue Gallery, why do so many show available when they aren't? Is there another criteria for hiring such as status points which it kinda suggests? But I have enough status points for some of them, but I can't hire... Just a bit confused.

And forum readers have seen this a zillion times and hopefully with a zillion more posts, DB will make this offer ==> GIVE US A FUEL DEPOT BIG ENOUGH FOR ALL FUEL PLEASE! And if they already have, I must have missed so please let me know. And bigger backpacks too... I just started ToT so maybe it's been included.
    chattie and Menomoree like this.
  20. Revel Well-Known Member

I just returned after a 7 year hiatus, and I had 6800 DBC left from last years Double Station Cash and Planetside 2. Even after buying Mercs for 1350 to level myself with my old level 80 characters (thanks 14 day free all acess), I still have over 5000 left. Sorry, you'll have to do 50% off for me to even consider buying more. The damage with triple and double SC sales is long done and me and many others will never view it at normal value again.