Bizarre Bizarre..

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Rargo, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Rargo Active Member

Worst zone ever created. Just deleted my weekly quest, as I will never ever enter that awful zone again.
    The person responsible for creating that mess should have to live in it forever.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

It's a cool funny zone - doable in heroic 10 min fighttime - solo is much faster ;)

Just speak with the cat at the entrance and you can go direct from named to named
    Soara2, Xianthia, Zynt and 1 other person like this.
  3. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I agree with Rago. Can't speak for the Heroic but solo is the worst one of the Xpac.
    As far as Beee I'll have to assume the toon doing the fight time in much faster than 10 mins is a high end raider that one shots each boss. That might be all very well but not much help for say and average geared solo player.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I used to hate it but with the cat at the entrance it's one of the easiest and quickest to do now. Just make a hotbar for all the zone items.
    Soara2 and Beee like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Okay, I spoke to Pounce but I had problems along the way. I didn't have anything in my bags, and the various cats weren't selling me stuff because I had no kitty currency. I finally went and collected 5 frogs, bartered for 15 mousies, and followed the original script.

What is supposed to happen when you tell Pounce that yes, you want his Pounce?
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

You can run from named to named and after each named you get the necessary items for the next.
    It's just necessary to use these items in the correct way.

Ultra fast and easy zone with this method
    Soara2 and Xianthia like this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

When you first zone in, Percy (I think that's the cat's name) will give you a single rat. Use that to purchase the money bag. Then you kill Financier and go from there. As Beee mentioned, after that each named kill you get items for the next named etc.

It isn't clear (at least to me) which is the correct choice with the cat to set you on your way. You can speak to him more times until you get the rat (you don't have to, I just can't seem to remember which is the correct answer to avoid speaking multiple times). :eek: I should probably pay attention to the conversation...
    Soara2, Dude and Beee like this.
  8. Bentley101 New Member

What language do I need to learn in order for the cat to speak clearly I don't get any options after hail but unreadable response.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My understanding is that you do have to do the whole quest with all the steps once before you can use the shortcut method.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

"I'd still like to pursue your pounce" means you do the whole thing. "I've no need of your pounce" is the short cut.
    Soara2, Breanna, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

You're welcome :)
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I zoned in there once.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, timers were extended on clicky items and bugs were fixed! I haven't got past the mannequins but that was before the fixes. I'm trying to gather courage to try it again so I can do the Hammer thing. I may never go there again. Not sure. Sometimes I like things like that, other times not. I love the cats, the rats, the gathering materials, the moving items around. Lots of things about it I like, but it won't be a speed run ever. I'm highly amused by it even if I don't know if I'll be brave enough to try it again. I probably will though.

I"m glad I"m not the only one who wonders if it's just too much. I feel like the cats deserve better than to have an existence in a zone that everyone hates. I think the zone has a lot of potential fun in it.

The last time I was this amused was when I fought Drago in Emperor's Athenaeum.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Even doing the whole zone with the various puzzles is not too bad. I run around picking up frogs and killing mushrooms, netherbians, and owlbears, then I sell that stuff to one of the "hawkers" for rats. You need 5 frogs and about 14-15 rats if you are doing it the original way. Talk to any cat you find whenever you find them, they will be the ones to sell you stuff you need to continue.

My biggest problem was with the Baroness. The last few times I have gone through, though (doing it the old-fashioned way because I was not able to discern what the shortcut was... :p ) I've been able to put the Cat's Eye on a hotbar and correctly keep her from killing me. But even the time I forgot to buy the Cat's Eye, my merc rezzed me twice during the fight and I prevailed, battered but victorious...
    Soara2, Xianthia and Semperfifofum like this.
  16. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I was doing it with two real people, which means she could drain, stun, etc, both of us. Mercs are immune to a lot of things that priests aren't. The right advice for this zone might be to try it as a real solo, the way we had to do Ossuary with a merc, instead of a real human. With two real people, it would work to have one person leave the zone, the other person run that particular fight with a merc, then to rejoin the duo after the fight (with the dude who cast the bone wall). I wonder if that would work in Bizarre Bazarre. I think we may just try that. At least it's a strat that's worked before.

Not sure if that helps the OP though, but it gave me an idea.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

This literally went from one of the most irritating to probably the 2nd quickest and by far the easiest solo. Do it one time, with the steps required, and then from then on you tell that cat at the front door you do not need the pounce and it takes maybe 7 minutes. Those are 7 non-raid, non-heroic, geared character with maybe 6 experts.
    Soara2, Semperfifofum and Sigrdrifa like this.
  18. Caela Well-Known Member

Hubby and I did the solo zone this weekend. We had done the whole rat/frog thing once before, so wanted to do the short cut. The whole pounce or no pounce thing was confusing. But we figured it out. We also didn't realize the things we needed were in our bags at first. Bag maintenance is not the best, so we had fun trying to find them and hot barring them. Hot bar maintenance is also bad...

We did have a few issues - patting the horses down - I couldn't figure out when to do that - but we just burned it all down. And the Baroness and the flags... I saw one flag between the two times we've done the zone. As long as we used the cat's eye thing though, it was fine and were able to kill her. Also - hubby pulled the final mob before I was ready, and I got locked out of the arena. Hubby died, and the boss came through the gate and I was able to kill him in the hallway. So that worked, just not as planned.

We'll probably do the zone again. I appreciate some things not being total tank and spank.
    Soara2, Semperfifofum and Sigrdrifa like this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

BTW the horseshoe will keep you from getting stunned.
    Soara2 and Semperfifofum like this.
  20. olleran Active Member

Kerran language is required to speak to Pounce
    Soara2 and Semperfifofum like this.