Fixed Internally billions of platin broker bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Beee, May 10, 2022.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

I was asked to do this bugreport because it's easy to fall into this pit

Kronos are about 800.000.000 platin.
    If you try to buy 6 Kronos at once in broker, the system should reduce your platin by 4.800.000.000 platin

Sadly the brokerinterface can handle only amounts up to 2.000.000.000 (32 bit limiter), so during this above transaction you get an errormessage (The listed price of the item has changed) and a huge amout of platin vanishes into nirvana without getting any krono.
    Would guess this works in the other direction somehow too ;)
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

You can try CS - and they can reset you to a time before the purchase.

But until 64 bit - I don't put more than 2 bil on any toon.
  3. Miragian Well-Known Member

64 bit is extremely unlikely to fix this. Because, it would require code changes. The only real problem that the 64 bit client is going to fix out of the box is the running out of ram. And even that can likely still happen just the point it happens at is way higher.

It is kind of surprising the number of things that people think is or will be fixed with the move to 64 bit when the game itself is limited by much of this 32 bit stuff.

This does still need fixed/addressed in some way. Even if its just to hard limit the transactions to an amount it CAN handle. Or... do something about the inflation that has allowed it to get to this stage.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

The fun thing will be when people start trying to price their krono above the 2,147,483,647pp limit and any time someone tries to buy them all the plat just poofs with no sales.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Buying ONE item > 2.000.000.000 works, buying multiple Kronos end up in a CS-ticket.
    Think this will be fixed SOON™️
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm curious what the hang up would be, unless that one item was actually below the cut off despite being over 2 bil.

(Edit: But, also, jesus. What. why? Who are you buying for that much plat?)
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

seems like selling price is limited to just over 4 billion (32 bit unsigned?)
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Yes price in Broker is limited to something at 4.294.000.000 (but maybe this is just an UI bug) .. this is just around 3,5 Krono atm
    Wonder hat happens with the brokerfees at this amount :)
  9. Yenk Active Member

I think it's time to introduce a new currency step (Mithril or so, 1:100p) and the coppers should be kicked out for ever.
    Then the 32-bit problem will be history.
    In t1 zones everything will then cost at least 1 silver. :cool:
  10. Ratalthor Developer

Platinum is now limited in the broker at 50 million plat. This should no longer be an issue.
    Forestchild and Twyla like this.