Bhaly Adan IMPOSSIBLE to Defeat for the Weak

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

been beating on this beasty for over fifteen minutes in PoD The Source.
    Beasty went "but fail to inflict any damage." at 50% health.
    and has now subsequently fully healed.

nice how these RAID-esk beasties are impossible to kill for those that are weak,
    under-developed, Tradeskillers or whatever.
    Whatever999 likes this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

argh!
    This encounter is SOOOOOOOOOOO non-intuitive!!!
    not to mention my headache makes thinking even harder, let alone ... using psychic mind reading powers.
    one should not HAVE to go to a third-party website to figure out the subtle details of how to defeat beasties. Really.
    just kill them until they die from it.
    Whatever999 likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Uh, you realize that the way we get this info into the wiki is because we tried multiple times until we figured it out, then documented what we did, right? There actually are sufficient cues in-game to figure it out, you just have to try various things.
    Breanna, Quillyne, Kuulei and 2 others like this.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

oh, riiiiiight. for those whom are perfectly healthy, that do not deal with any amount of trauma nor chronic pains,... got it.
    mayhaps in addition to the Photosensitivity warning, there ought be an additional medical warning about the forced and purposeful frustrations present there-in with the recommendation of "go to wikia FIRST before attempting." :mad:
    Whatever999 likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this Ceyarrecks. But it seems a lot of players enjoy having to look up every quest before they do it and every boss mob before they tackle it. In all the games I played, before EQ2, I don't remember ever having to go to 3rd party sites in order to complete quests or kill mobs. It wasn't hard to figure out what had to be done to be successful.

And I sure as heck never had to change gear, AAs, reforge, or imbue to kill even the biggest bosses. I guess that's why I spend most of my time back in the old areas of the game or crafting and decorating. I've had to keep Wiki open ever since AoM. It slows down my computer and prevents immersion in the game.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I am both old and disabled (degenerative disk disease, psoriatic arthritis, so I know from pain). Find a better excuse.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Zynt and 3 others like this.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Considering a good portion of us that have been here since launch are 50+ now, pretty hard to 'set yourself apart' as old and health issues. :p
    So one's inability to figure out strategies and / or keep up with the games challenges has hit many of over the years. Do what you can and ask for assistance when you need it.
    It's not a "bug", its progression.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Zylara and 2 others like this.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

my current condition I DO NOT rely upon, I state this as a reason, Odious, for my inability to deal with the purposefully onerous, and maliciously frustrating. I am reminded of those who take a sledgehammer to the wings of a recently hatched Eagle, then when said Eagle states they do not have the ability to fly, they are presented with the dismissive statement of "oh, use another excuse." :confused:

[IMG]
    Whatever999 likes this.
  9. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I try to do every mob without going to any outside information and usually I'm successful, but it may take a few attempts. I go back through the emotes the mob gave after I die and try to figure it out. That is part of the game. The solos have a lot less of this than heroics/raids so it only comes up once in a while for solos. Once in a great while I need to consult the wiki, but I'm glad it is there when I do need it and I have added a few things to it over the years. So no this is definitely not a BUG
  10. Whatever999 New Member

Interesting that people want to state it is not a bug when there is no indication they are part of Darkpaw or Daybreak. Maybe the poster, like so many others before, wants to hear official word and have a constructive conversation with someone in the know about the overall gameplay. The arguement, based on results of imperical data, shows there have been bugs in the game that need to be addressed, Even old content that somehow had a .dat file needing to be addressed (pink cubes being displayed instead of npcs in older zones).
    Lets not even talk about progression of old content as the requirement for the epic 1 has been removed from progression into epic 2.0 which has been removed with having been able tto run Chaos Descending to get the 2.0 spells/CAs. Orange runes do not work in BoL just as purple runes stopped working.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  11. Balcerak Well-Known Member

The OP said they could not do the zone, then complained they had to go to a third party source to figure it out. I disagree. I did not have to go to a third party source to figure it out. I just used what the game told me to improve my tactics and had no issue. Having something like the FAQ available is fine. It doesn't mean you are required to use it to progress. So NOT A BUG. A bug is something that has no correct solution for. It means something is broken in the game. Nothing here is broken.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The OP said he went to the wiki to get the answer, and presumably killed it. The encounter is not broken, it just requires a little thought. Most everybody else who played PoP managed to kill this guy without thousands of complaints (or really any complaints) hitting the forums, so most people figured it out. That means it's not bugged.
    Kuulei and Breanna like this.