BG's strats/AA setup

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Inuki1, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Inuki1 Guest

So I hit 30 last night and went into a few BG to test the waters playing as a healer. I've been really enjoying my Warden in PvE play, and I'd like to stockpile some tokens so I can get some nice armor when I hit 90. Now, I have 74 AA to play with and got myself an AA mirror. So for my BG AA setup, I went with:
    In druid: The AGI line down to Tortoise Shell. Figured this would be good to avoid those AoE's.
    The STA line down to Serenity to avoid interrupts.
    In Warden: The left side all the way to Nature Walk to avoid Roots.
    This of course leaves me as a healer/defensive warden with no offensive means.

As for strats, I did one Gears and 2 Smuggler's last night. The Gears was silly. I haven't done a BG since before the change to it was made, so now apparantly the relic respawns in the center. So my group simply grabbed it then started running. Right out of my heal range. I spent the entire match chasing my teammates around the stadium trying to heal them until I finally gave up in frustration. If they want to die, so be it. And when they do, the other team is camping the respawn point so they just grab it.
    Smuggler's was a little more straight up. I tried to stay with the tank the first time, and it worked out well. Even when it was just us two (everyone else went their own way). The 2nd attempt there was no tank in my group, just another healer and some scouts. So with no offensive means, I just ran around captruing towers by myself mostly.
    One problem I've noticed is that I sometimes get taunt locked by the opposing tank, and cant heal my teammates. It seems my heal target was constantly getting changed. Any way around this?
    Any tips?
  2. ARCHIVED-ElsaRat Guest

Interesting, I have a level 41 warden, and have been considering trying out BG's, so I'll be interested in reading replies. I'm assuming it would be best for me to level to 49 first so I'll be at the top of the level range of people playing? Also I don't know what the role of "toughness" is, but I assume to begin with I'll want to use mastercrafted armor, even if I have other armor with higher mitigation? Those are basic questions; I probably need to find a BG's 101 post somewhere.
  3. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Inuki1 wrote:
    This is a good start IMO. Nature Walk is nice but you might actually get more bang for your buck filling up the cure tree. BGs are typically really heavy on the detrimentals so the free heals you can get through curing is always nice.
    As far as the lowbie Gears, they are really terrible for noobs running all over. When I played a lower level mystic in them I more or less gave up healing anyone but myself and just ran around being unkillable.
    There's not much way around the taunting thing. There are some gear pieces that will click-cure the taunt or possibly make you immune but they have very short durations and very long refresh times on them. You basically just have to spam your mouse button or F-keys to target teamates and try to get off fast heals before you're taunted again.
  4. ARCHIVED-Inuki1 Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    To update, I'm now 32 and been running a lot of BG (I really need to start questing again to grab more AA but I'm just haveing so much fun at the moment!). I've met with decent success, and had some good and some bad matches. I'm happy to say though, I've been having more fun than not. Quite a change from playing my Conj.
    One thing that I felt needed a change was that I had zero offensive capabilities. So I kept 10 points in Wild Regeneration but dumped Tortoise Shell and the extra points required to get it, and stuck them in the CA tree. I had just enough to get at least rank 1 in each, and i want to fill up Warden of the Forest for extra survivability. At least this way I can deal some damage if need be. The Cures line does seem interesting, and Shatter Infection seems amazing for BG since DoT's are thrown around like crazy (Shatter Infection does work in BG effectively, yes? I thought I read somewhere it wasn't working.) Once I get enough AA's to get Shatter I may respec and grab that one.
    As for the various fields of play-
    Gears is still a crapshoot. I really wish they'd implement a random spawn point for the relic. This battle of attrition in the center is kinda annoying. That being said, as a Fae Warden I can grab the relic pretty much guaranteed right out the gate with Wind Walker, and then stand there and heal myself till I drop. Definately helps having another healer too. One thing I can't do after is grab the relic again tho - someone always seems to grab it before I can even see it spawn.
    Ganak is my bane. I have come to hate this field. Which is a shame, because it used to be my favorite one before the changes. Now it seenms every time each team grabs the other flag, and the flag holder is usually some impossible to kill SK or healer. So the fight goes all the way to the end and the fight is won on kill points only. Very annoying. The flag holder should take damage similar to the relic in Gears. That would make it much more interesting.
    Den is still fun, and probably my favorite battleground, even though it takes so long. A lot of fun there. Overall, no complaints except for the time it takes to sometimes only end up with 1 token.