BG Dirge

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Sko0macat, Jun 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Sko0macat Guest

Hello fellow Dirges,
    I have just made a new account and toon upon hearing that EQ2 implemented battlegrounds. This feature will probably be the saving grace of this game for me. I have played since '04 on and off and never found any good reason to stick with it. PvE servers alone didn't do it for me, I wanted the thrill of fighting other players and needing to be competetive in skill and character development. When PvP servers came I was highly disappointed at the system, there was no organization whatsoever. Everyone just ran around all mamby pamby killing each other and whoever bought plat from the farmers and bought the best gear always won. Finally, the BG feature was released and now there is hope for me. Organized and instanced PvP, always with a group of players, and the reward of gear to make your character more efficient and skilled. Anyways, I want to give this game another shot.
    Yesterday I rolled a dirge and have already got him to level 24. I intend on getting to 34 and locking. My question for the Dirge forum is this: How can I get myself setup for instant success in the Battlegrounds? What armor should I get? What weapons should I get? What jewelry, etc? Are there any staple items, from quests or loot, that I can obtain at this level that would be better than the crafted stuff? How should I adorn my equipment? What AA lines would be best for BG PVP? How many AA points should I get? What Master II skill should I pick at lvl 34? Are there any other battle strategies (potions, deity skills, anything else i missed in all those questions) That would ensure that the rest of my progression goes smoothly?
    By 'the rest of my progression' I mean this: I want to lock at 34 until I have all of the BG PVP reward gear and capped AA. Then I'll go up to level 44 and repeat the process. What are the best strategies, for myself and my team, to be the best Dirge I can be for the battlegrounds?
  2. ARCHIVED-hispania Guest

Master spells and, at least, full mastercrafted stuff. Addornments: more dps. Max AA, All potions (remedys, freedom's, health and power) deity skills are off in pvp so only an agy pet if you got enough level (i dont remeber). About AA lines there are lots of posts here (all wrong ;-) ) take your own conclusions. I use a shield-> sta and wis(bard) and Degradations and control (dirge). Master 2: daro's.
    Pvp strategies: tanks and other scouts(not rangers) kitting. Other classes stunts, interrupt, daze, fear and close combat, forget healers if you are soloing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sko0macat Guest

Thanks Cantor, my toughest part will be maxing my AA. Any tips? I'm at 33 now, got most of my MC gear, master spells. No adornments yet. I only hav 8 AA points cause I went straight to grinding levels as soon as I made the toon. I am going to get to 39 off the XP you get from BG's then lock there. But right now I'm concerned with how to go about getting AA. I know there are PoF and EL runs but no one seems to be interested in running them anymore. Also, what's an agy pet?
  4. ARCHIVED-nipxur Guest

Sko0macat wrote:
    Any reason you are locking at 34 and 44? I assume by your statement about being disappointed with the pvp system when it first came out that you are not on a pvp server. If not then why not lock at 39 and 49? At 34 you'll be in BGs with people from 30-39, at 39 you'll be in BGs with people 30-39. At least at 39 you'll have some slight better spells.
    For AA, you'll be capped at 160 AA until you reach level 70. That is you can only spend 160 AA, you can earn more, just can't spend it. I think some recent changes have made this the same on PVP servers as well (in case you are on a PVP server after all).