better way to get faction?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-hansomepete, Apr 25, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

I am interested in getting my faction up with the coilition of tradefolk in freeport. I've been doing the writs and it's ok but, at 200 and sometimes 300 + faction for doing the writs, it's going to take me forever to get to 20,000 at least. Is there a better way to get my faction up?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

You should have done them when they were less than that.
    Rush orders are the best way.
  3. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

hansomepete wrote:
    Writs are the general method, however, don't overlook the TS faction timelines even though limited. You receive some nice crafting xp from them, too, particularly the crafting tutorial and the craftsman timeline you receive from the Coalition trainer in Freeport.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Timeline
    As for faction writs, yeah, they are the main method. As the poster said....... in the "good ol' days" they were 100 faction for each writ!! It took months to get 40-50K!
    So keep doing the writs. I always do the rush writs while leveling, because they not only pay for the fuel costs like the regular non-timed writs, they also give you a bit of extra coin. Over time, that adds up to a solid chunk of change.
    If you get bored, then cut down the number of writs you do every time you log on. Also play some music while writ "riding" and it'll go a bit "faster." But don't look for any quick instant fix.
  4. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

Thanks, Ill get to work...
  5. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Also, I think there was a timer you has to wait for after you finished a writ before you could get another. (30 mins?)
    All I know is it was very painful to get 50k back in the day.
  6. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Kizee wrote:
    Remember when you had to run all the way up the flights of stairs in FP crafting instances in order to get to the NPC and hail him/her before the timer ran out? Those who crafted closest to the NPC had no problems. Those who had the longest distance to travel - well, let's just say, we had to do them over again more than a few times! LOL