Better Solo: Fury or SK

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-Progol, Nov 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Progol Guest

Just started playing a SK; they seem to tear through at the lower levels. I have a higher level fury that seems to solo great but overall, I was wondering from those that have played both classes more than I, who is generally the better solo and DPS?
    Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Umub Guest

I have both a 90 Fury and 90 SK and I would say hands down the SK is better solo. The plate armor just makes things much easier. No real heals on the SK, but the lifetaps do a pretty good job for most stuff. Not that the Fury is bad solo, but there is a lot of heroic content that can be done on the SK that wouldn't be possible on the Fury.
    I think DPS on the Fury vs. the SK while leveling is pretty similar. The big difference is that the SK can do the DPS up close and personal and still survive. A few unexpected adds no big deal on an SK, but can mean a quick death to the Fury. Single target DPS at 90 I would give the edge to the Fury, and even multiple weak targets, but for multiple tougher targets, the SK has the edge. The difference is that the Fury big hitting spells are on a much faster refresh rate than the SKs. Yes Grave Sacrament and Harm Touch are awesome, but you don't get to use it nearly as often Thunderstrike, Starnova and Call of Storms.
    One final thought is that personally, the ability for my SK to rush into a room of 20+ mobs, have them surround you and still blow them up is just plain fun. Of course I have the best of both worlds. I two box my SK and my Fury together so I can rush those rooms and have my Fury there to rescue me. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Progol Guest

Thanks for the info. You seem to be saying what everyone is: SK's rock (at least atm).
    Would you say that Pally's are very similar except with better heals but somewhat less DPS out but still solo very well.
  4. ARCHIVED-Umub Guest

I haven't played a pally, but that would be my assumption. They still get plate armor, lots of AOEs, AOE auto attack, etc. So they are still great for wading into a room full of mobs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Progol Guest

Adding on to the discussion here:
    Is it safe to assume that a well played and equipped SK can solo through the heroic instances like the library and such that I've been reading about? I'm not familiar with all the zones past TSO but it seems that some furies are able to solo the library (using as a gauge).
    I'm bouncing back and forth between my Fury and my SK and I'm just getting some ideas.
  6. ARCHIVED-Umub Guest

I haven't tried to solo the Library with either my SK or my Fury. But I 2box it almost everyday with them together.
    My take is this. With an SK you could easily solo the first named if you have some Stonewill and related proc items. I have Stonewill II and III (which stack), plus 2 other items that procs lesser wards. If you pull the first named with all the wimpy mobs (18 total I believe), the wimpy mobs will hit you bunches for small damage and proc your wards which will protect you from the named. I don't have any ward gear on my Fury so I haven't tried anything like this. But I don't think it would be nearly as effective with Leather armor.
    The 2nd named kills your power. But on my SK I think I could solo without too much trouble in defensive mode and in the power regen room half way down the stairs. With a Fury if you could keep them rooted enough you should be able to kill him because at long enough range the power drain is minimal or non-existent and the room will restore your power. But it would be a long fight I think.
    The 3rd named is just tedious, he doesn't hit that hard but you must get through the portal within a few seconds. Again, I would guess that a Fury could do pretty well solo because you can use roots and the portals to keep your distance.
    The 4th named hits a bit harder, but I think I could solo on my SK in defensive mode because I have some mana proccing gear. I think this would be a tough fight with a Fury. Lots of Mobs and a long fight. You woudl probably need to do some mana regen at the end of the 2nd wave by rooting the last mob until you are back to full power.
    I can't 2 box or even 2 box +1 the last named in the Library. He is a major pain because of the book adds. I can see an Inquisitor or SK soloing (with better gear than I have or better skilled) but it would be such a long fight I wouldn't bother.
    The biggest problem I have on my Fury is still power. I have Manaweave II ear ring and something Enlightenment I and II items but that just isn't enough for the really long fights. But I haven't invested any time in figuring out how to solo heroic instances with my Fury either.
    I can 2 box the beam handlers in RH. But I don't think I could solo them with my SK yet. I'm not sure how a Fury would be able to position them well for the last 30% without getting creamed. Perhaps my lack of imagination.
    I also 2 box the first 2 named in Conservatory. The first named would be quite tough to solo on an SK unless they had really great gear. The stuns/stifles/whatever are a major pain and I think without a healer to help them through it they would die eventually. I have no idea how a Fury would solo it for the same reason.
  7. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

No Sk here but a paladin, i could do Dvinn Throne (30 or 35?) when it was yellow/white and all the low level instances as well.
    Duoed ZEK at 41, with a 50 assassin mentoring me. We cheated a bit since i took my warden to kill the arena champion and assassin stopped to mentor on the emperor after a wipe.
    The 2 Knigths are similar, i can also pull 12-20 mob and aoe them (i have like 5 aoe ca). Currently 47 and i can solo CT pyramids (i almost kill the trash in auto attack mode).
    No Fury can come close to that but my inqui solo almost as well (due to battlecleric + steadfast).
    About the librairy : my warden can solo all named but the last (she miss dps so books can pop foreover, last time i gave up after 15mn with 100mana and 100% life).

The two best priest soloer are
    1) Inquisitor -- steadfast, self haste, CA, debufs -- My inqui completely clearer stormhold at 24, killing alll scions and the Minotaurs at level 3.
    2 Warden -- Warden of the forest mitigation buff + super fast heals and infinite mana (once you get your epic).
    Fury may come next.
    Mystic are not really good due to slow spell and no steadfast even if with their slows and debuf they can defeat white/yellow ^^^.
  8. ARCHIVED-Axyrem Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    Soloed Library with my defiler....
  9. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

Axyrem wrote:
    Use solo library for masters, but my Templar moved on to solos PR and SoH.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    You should definitely be able to solo library if you aren't in some horrible full healer AA setup. Wardens have better single target DPS than a fury, and I could just about solo this zone last expansion.
  11. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Overall, SK is easier to solo than Fury, IMO. That's not saying Fury can't solo any of the zones mentioned - just SK is easier...which is my personal definition of 'better'.
    Also, in the Library: the 2nd named that drains your power? Just pull him down the stairs to the little room with the electric charge thing in it. That's what it's for. You won't have a power drain if you fight him in there. Cake on an SK..probably on the Fury too :)