Betraying Question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tokyo-Shin, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Tokyo-Shin New Member

If I am say a High Elf Templar in Qeynos and only want to betray my city to Freeport but keep same race/class combo, is that possible? Or do I have to become Inquisi?
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Harington Member

If the class exist for both factions, you can remain the same. However for the classes that only exist on one side, you will need to switch. I do believe the Templar is available for both good and evil factions, however I am not sure if your spells will reset or not.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Tokyo-Shin New Member

Ohhh.. so i can start the game as an evil templar. Didnt know that, thank you. Are their any specific classes that are good or evil starting city only and dont allow us to choose between Qeynos or Freeport? TLE
  4. Harington Member

Templar used to be good only, but they removed a number of the class restrictions a while back. They do still have some that are faction specific, Paladin, Shadowknight, Necro etc..
    If you go to the character creation screen, select a good/evil aligned race and then check to see which classes you can select.
  5. Tokyo-Shin New Member

Ok, so Paladin/SK, Defiler/Mystic, Assassin/Ranger and Conj/Necro? Or are the scouts Brigand/Swash?
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Brig is Freep only and Swashy is Q only.
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

Yes, as strange as it seems to me, assassin is a neutral class that can be a goodie two-shoes. o_O
  8. Tokyo-Shin New Member

Woah, surprising... Ok so it is: SK/Paladin, Defiler/Mystic, Brigand/Swash and Necro/Conj that are pigeon holed to a city, all other classes can go to either Qeynos or Freeport. Thank you.
    Juraiya, Siren and Dude like this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

From a lore standpoint, I actually made a ruckus about this way back in the day about most of those previously only good/evil classes being justified to turning neutral.

Apparently Qeynos can justify a spy network who has hidden in the shadows for centuries and carries out political assassinations if they deem someone an absolute threat to the city.

A bunch of Dwarves and Barbarians wanted to start their own fighting guild in the Greystone district, so they challenged the Order of the Silent Fist for permission. The grandmaster looked on as a particularly arrogant monk who found the idea ridiculous got his butt handed to him with a solid haymaker.

Freeport justifies monks existing by having Venril Sathir send some of his Brokenscale monks to Freeport as a sign of good will to help the city grow by sharing their knowledge. I actually enjoy that reasoning.

The Red Hoods in Freeport are a cast of rangers who mainly focus on hunting wildlife and keeping dangerous animals like the lions and hyenas in the Commonlands under control.

I don't remember offhand what Freeport's reasoning for Templars or illusionists, or Qeynos's reasoning for Inquisitors or Coercers is. I think the Freeport Templars try to spread the word of Lucan's benevolence by helping people see what a great leader he is.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you do not have any empty character slots to check, change your version by going to the crossed hammer and wrench on the left side of the launcher and choose public test, you can create as many characters there as you have slots on Live, then you can look at the good/evil specific races and classes. And you do not have to actually create the character, just look, write them down, then exit, reset your version to US English or EU English and make your character or betray.
    Xillean, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and if you like the test server you can get a level 100 for free and stay and test with us :D
    I mean in the beginning you had to change your race when you switched sides which does not make sense what so ever why would an ogre suddenly turn into a fay ? o yea magic .:rolleyes:
    you can be just about anything now on both sides I know for sure you can only be an evil necromancer and an evil Shadowknight so my guess would be that Paladin and conjurer are good only.
    All the others are now neutral.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You still cannot start an evil swashi. Yes, yes, you can create and keep characters on test which is persistent, it does not get wiped. Quite a few of us have characters that with lives just as on other servers and wish there were 48 hours in a day so that we had more time to devote to our characters on each server including test. But sometimes that nasty thing called adulting just insists on getting in the way.
    Breanna and Xillean like this.
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

You keep mentioning this adulting thing. Stop it! I want to continue to live in denial of responsibility. ;)
    Breanna, Rosyposy, Rhodris and 2 others like this.