Betrayed from Assassin to Ranger

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kioske, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Kioske Well-Known Member

2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You can petition it, but be aware it's a one way street if you do. If you ever swap back you'll not get the bow again.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

"We aren't able to assist with swapping anything out since you had gotten the correct reward when you completed the quest. That is one of the consequences of betrayal. If you'd like to make a suggestion to have that changed, please submit a /feedback report (see below)."

This is response that I received from a petition. This can't be right? Can it? The Assassin is not offered the choice to pick the sword, therefore I did not get the correct reward for the Ranger. There should not be a consequence of betrayal.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

Why there shouldn't be ?
    Sadly the ranger/sin is the only class swapping where this stuff can happen, but they don't HAVE to give u the sword. U can still betray back, but u made a choice, and we're not in twilight, choices may have consequences.
    Revanu and Snikkety like this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

While foci on sword/bow is nice its not really game breaker unless you are playing as a geomancer I think (I might mistaken thou) that ranger can use stone sword of Iksar hero for MH plus that sword work as a foci for terren destruction.
  6. Vogie Active Member

I can't see how their response is even remotely acceptable, if the weapon didn't affect Ascension abilities then fine but that specific item affects the Geomancer Mudslide making it a very strong ability comparable to Ethershadow Assassin. Not being able to have that Ascension option to me is not right. I see plenty of Rangers using the Geomancer Ascension for raids.
    Kioske likes this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Seriously?
    I see it does add like 36m to base damage (so yeah its a lot but given fact that base damage for mudslide not really big like 19M at apprentice level) hence we are talking about ability that slightly better then Levin bolt or Septic Strike (Unless I am missing something)
  8. Vogie Active Member

I've seen it hit at GM for 42bill(total damage output)more then once on someone's parse it doesn't always hit like that but I wouldn't count it out.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. VGScastaway Member

So yet another big FU to assassins I see... WTH?
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

I find the response from the CSR rep wholly unacceptable and also completely ignorant of established precedence in the game. Assassins/Rangers would be the only pair of classes getting penalized like this. You don't have the option to repeat the quest. The reward absolutely should be available to you that is class appropriate after the betrayal. This should be handled exactly like epic 1.0. You go see Shady and get the new and correct class weapon/buffs.The new buffs should be apprentice level but you should get them along with the weapon.

Have you tagged any of the devs directly about this issue on Discord?
    DoomDrake and Kioske like this.
  11. Vogie Active Member

Wiegraf currently does not support the Discord community for reasons . . .
    Kioske likes this.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

as I agree with you, .. still .. he betrayed .. he is able to get his epic 2 and his epic spells. for the rest it's .. more complicated. As if you did a quest as an assassin, took the assassin reward then betray to ranger ... and ask for the ranger reward.

as they sure have to give the epic 2 and the spells. I understand how they stand as to not being obliged to trade the other loots as much as it's annoying. Betrayal is about making choices. He can still betray back.
    Snikkety likes this.
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

They could make it simple, make the sword Ranger only, since only a ranger can accept the reward from the quest. Then make the bow usable by everyone but a ranger. Seems pretty simple. My "punishment" for the betrayal was the cost of the betrayal, either loyalty tokens or the quest line. No need to make "quest reward" an added punishment.
    Azian likes this.
  14. VGScastaway Member

Exactly. Not rocket science imo. Leaving where they did is absurd, considering Sins apparently have to wait until the next full xpac to become a viable class again... That's a long time to hold my breath.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Or just make all the epic reward items apply their effects even if not equipped, like the fighter secondary. That way they are useful for many years.
    DoomDrake and Earar like this.
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah because if u upgrade them for better stat gear, u can lose potentially great effects or damages from asc spells
  17. Kioske Well-Known Member

I guess enough people finally complained about this...
  18. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised it took them a bit to get a proper fix in but I am still surprised that CS told you to pound sand about the issue. This seems like EXACTLY the thing that CS should be involved with. A clear unintended design mistake that will be fixed permanently at a later date that should therefore be handled on a case by case basis by the CS reps until that permanent fix is put in place. If they were concerned about people equipping both, just destroy the one when giving the other. Done.