Betrayal during Epic2

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Rougad, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Rougad New Member

Has the issue with the quest bugging out if you betray halfway thru a part (2nd fighter) quest for epic 2 been fixed yet or does it still require you to start over?
  2. Baltazarr Member

Bump.
    Interested to know this as well. I'm myself on warrior's call volume III.
  3. Lil Mantis Member

Warriors call vol1 for me. Just got to get a group together for these dungeons. I tried soloing and failed at the first boss of the strength test. Of course, it may have been that I didn't know the mechanic of the fight. Got it down to 30% or so before I hit the floor and no, not FD. =)
  4. Baltazarr Member

Bump
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I, personally, am completely unaware there was ever a problem involving betrayal on any steps of the fighter epic quest line. But in order for me to investigate I will need the following information:
    • Which quest did it happen with? (there is inconsistency listed above - The Warriors Call: Volume II or Volume III)
    • What specific step of the quest?
    • What was being attempted and what was the result?
    Thank you for any help you can provide.
    ~ Kaitheel
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Baltazarr Member

Thank you for your reply Kaitheel.
    I personally just betrayed from monk to bruiser in the middle of the 3rd quest of the fighter epic and I can confirm that I did not run into any bugs/problems regarding the epic quest so far.
    I was afraid that there might be some issues because of Rougad's post but I personally did not encounter any problems.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Rougad New Member

There is indeed a problem with this. I decided to go ahead and betray during Warriors call 3 and it bugged out (petitioned this and still waiting for help to fix it on my char).
    After killing Silik in Ritual chamber, the key rewarded doesnt work to unlock the tome so the quest cant be progressed from there.
  8. Baltazarr Member

Strange I had no problem unlocking the tome after killing Srilk.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Odd. Just like Baltazarr, I am unable to reproduce this issue. And after looking at the files themselves, the trouble you encountered doesn't appear to be related to betrayal. The "Potions, Transcendence of Life and Death Volume II" tome and "an ancient tome key" are the same for every fighter, no matter your class type or your city alignment.

For me to investigate this further, could you answer the following questions:
    • What is your character's name?
    • What server are you on?
    • What does your quest journal say?
    • Do you still have "an ancient tome key" in your inventory?
    • Do you still have "Potions, Transcendence of Life and Death Volume II" tome in your inventory?
    • Can you see Sralk the Sneaker in Obulus Frontier? (If so, what does he say?)
    • What does the Captain (located in The Keep) say to you?
    ~ Kaitheel
    Prissetta likes this.