Betray to bruiser?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Vamlor, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Vamlor Guest

Hey all, been back to eq2 for a couple of months and loving it. My question is I've gotten a Monk up around the high 20s and I'm starting to wonder if I'd be better off betraying to a brusier for soloing.
    I have an sk whos a soloing machine so Its possible my judgement is alittle off but it dosent seem like the monk is overly impressive so far. I've mostly been making solo characters but so far the monk seems to be at the lower end of the soloing totem compared to almost any of my other classes. He's far from weak but against yellow and even cons I seem to go down really quick. My question is does he improve alot at later lvls or is a bruiser a better choice for soloing? I keep seeing the brawlers name pop up when it comes to excellent soloers so I'm alittle confused. Anything help or advice would be apprieciated it.
  2. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

At the lower amounts of AA and not the right ones monks can be very hard to solo. also get a set of good MC gear will help a lot.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vamlor Guest

Thanks for the reply, I'm mostly just looking for reassurance that it gets better. I'll keep grinding away.
  4. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Monks can be very good Soloers with the gear, but SK's are to me the undisputed kings on Soloing lots of mobs. Monks real stranth is in being able to avoid fighting the zone and just going after a few targets and moving on.
  5. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

A shadowknight is better at grinding through hoardes of trash mobs, monks are better at flopping to nameds and taking them down.