Beta?

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Te'ana, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Oh, I'm somebody's friend. Don't know who, but somebody... Does that count? Uumm, Domino made a copy of my toon while I was logged in with that toon and scarred da bageebaz outta me last beta, does that count? :( lol..
    Eshaac, aka Ostaba
  2. ARCHIVED-lordvic2 Guest

really hoping that Domino comes through for those of us testers that didn't make it last week.
    Shaking the dice hope I don't crap out.
  3. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Some more test server people have been added today, a wider selection will get in next week.
    For those in this forum, I got a list from the community team of everyone who has access to it, but looking over the list it's obvious that it's rather out of date. There are people still on it that I know have not played for 3 years. So I can't just flag everyone in this forum carte blanche using that list, unfortunately.
    So for this forum, I've been looking at who's posted recently, who I know are helpful testers, and in case of remaining doubt, checking your forum posting history. So if you have only 12 forum posts and 11 of them are complaints or rants then you are probably not in beta yet. :D On the other hand if you have only 12 forum posts and all 12 of them are helpful, make positive suggestions for improvements, and are focused around testing, then maybe you are. (Which is not to say you can't rant, I've been known to do so myself, but if ALL you seem to do is complain without alternate suggestions or useful feedback, then you're just not likely to be a great match for early beta where what we need is detail-focused bug reports, not general complaints.)
  4. ARCHIVED-Cuora Guest

I got my Beta invite this afternoon. Thank you Domino! All files dowloaded just fine and waiting for Cuora to be added to beta :).
  5. ARCHIVED-lordvic2 Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Kiwigirl Guest

I rarely post on the forums but I do have a level 90 character on the Test server and a level 82 plus numerous lower level characters that I use to test content whenever I can. If I find any bugs etc I file a report rather than posting on the forums, although I am an avid reader of them. I would really like to be included in the beta testing of the new expansion as I am sure would a lot of other testers that do not regularly post on the boards. Hope to be included (crosses fingers)
  7. ARCHIVED-RandomStream Guest

I have not received a Beta invite. I have signed the NDA. Am I just unlucky or has something gone awry?
    Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    24 Hour Later

Invititation received! :) Down loading as I type.

Thank you Domino .
  8. ARCHIVED-Giggilie Guest

Good morning!
    I have not gotten a beta invite either and always have positive things to say when I post... so I am sure it is a matter of time before we all get in. Dont lose hope...Domino has always looked out for us all!
  9. ARCHIVED-zinner62 Guest

Hello Domino, Just wondering if I will get a beta invite since I do not normally post bugs here on the forum I use the /bug report method. Thank you for looking into this matter Fairhair.
  10. ARCHIVED-ChrisMarchant Guest

I got a beta invite today, and I never even applied!!!!!!!! I'm not interested in anything in this beta except the Freeport revamp, so pls give my unwanted beta to someone else!!!!!!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Bhagpuss Guest

Test was my main server for five years until EQ2X appeared and what was supposed to be a short holiday turned into a permanent move! Consequently I don't often visit the Test forums at the moment, either public or private, so I haven't been following this discussion.
    I definitely hadn't applied for the AoD beta, so I was very surprised this evening when I logged on to the EQ2X forums to find I have full access to all 33 of the Beta forums. Well, I haven't actually tried all 33 to be absolutely certain...
    In Testing mode I checked on both my All Access account and got Mrs Bhagpuss to check on hers. Both the AA accounts have beta forum access, neither has applied for beta. I checked on my Silver EQ2X account: no access to beta forums. And of course no access when I visit the forum without logging in at all.
    Neither of the Access accounts has received an email invite. Both email addresses are correct.
    So, is it intended that we have full access to read and post on the forums for a beta to which we haven't applied and which we can't download or play? Or were we supposed to have been sent invites that we didn't get?
    Just to muddy the waters, I now have applied on my AA account, just to see if somehow that generated an invitation. It didn't, just an acknowledgment. I wasn't actually planning on applying for the beta, but if I do now get an invite I'll be happy to pop in and do some testing. The forums make it all look jolly exciting