Beta?

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Te'ana, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

My husband and I both attended Fan Faire and obviously I have a toon or two on Test. We never recieved ANY e-mails about NDAs or anything else. I hear that Beta is happening and apparently we have been forgotten :( Who should we contact about this?
  2. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Usually there's a public notice for people to apply for beta and sign NDA well before any beta invites go out. Since its about 6 weeks until the expansion is due out, I assume that either they have chosen not to do the usual beta and will test internally, or its going to be very abbreviated this time round. Fan Faire attendees have usually gotten automatic beta invites, although usually not right in the beginning, but you have to have done the NDA before you can get your invites...
  3. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. I decided to search all my email folders, just in case and did find an invite with a link to download the Beta patcher for EQ, which I don't play LOL. It was in a really odd folder, not the inbox or spam but in a subfolder I use for other things.
    I read on the Fan Faire forums that Everquest II Beta is currently happening and their forums are up and running. So, I am a very very confuzzled person now.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    No one ever specified which game they were talking about in that post. The EverQuest Veil of Alaris beta is currently going on--I'd assume that's what the FF forum post is referring to.
  5. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

It would just be nice to get a yes or no about whether they're even planning to do a beta this time. But then, with NotD coming up on Live, and Frostfell testing coming soon, I guess we'll be kept busy anyways :).
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

With the xpak slated for February I wouldn't expect a beta before the end of the year.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Last they said it was November, when was it changed to February?
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    I swear at Fan Faire they said February. Where's my notes.

Edit: I'm wrong, Cy's right: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=26970
  9. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I am still confuzzled, but at least I am not alone :) Hugs to all!
  12. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

PURRRRRRR !!!!! Welcome back! There's rats everywhere, I missed you!
  13. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Just checked me email from SOE, and beta invite for last beta I received on 1/4/11. Sooo I wouldn't expect it this soon
    Just my dimes worth..
    Eshaac
  14. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Eshaac wrote:
    I signed up for DoV beta and accepted the NDA on Dec 22nd, and the confirmation email said that beta was slated to start on Jan 5th. Release was Feb 22nd iirc. I was accepted into beta on Jan 24th when the Testers Only forum folks got their invites. It may very well be early still to expect to be testing in beta, but I don't consider it too early to apply or for fan faire attendees to sign their NDA, given the announced late November release date. I'd also like to hear about the preorder information, so that I can decide whether to budget for a collector's edition again or perhaps wait and ask for it for Christmas.
    Oh, and welcome back, Purr!
  15. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

Meow and thanks for the wb, friends. *waves and hugs*
    Back after a work related hiatus I admit, seeing Test depleted of most of my old friends makes me very depressed. After reading up on the lastest developments I really can't blame them. There seem to be no reasons left to play on Test, but if I live for anything, it's testing. And to be honest, starting over from scratch on live doesn't sound very attractiv, at least as long as we're not getting a progression server here in EQ2.
    I had hoped beta invites were around this time. *pokes all the friendly devs*
    Come on, give me something to log in for, please! I'd even bring my 3pack back and talk my hubby into doing the same, if only there were a reason!
    Otherwise I'd settle for getting EQNext going as long as it has Vah Shir.
    Purr~
    PS: Guess I need a new sig, because there are no mousies left to chase on Test, and maybe I might consider myself an ugly duckling, but sure not an odd duck!
  16. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

Purr!!!! *hugs the kitty* *spits out furrballs* *Pickett puts out a saucer of cream for the returning kitty*
  17. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

18. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

Purr!! I thought you were gone for good!! {tacklepouncehugs}
  19. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

Purr~ Gladiators have all signed up. *huggles Niami and covers her in carefully collected and purrserved fur*