Beta downloaded but hangs when I press "PLAY"

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Hextall, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Hextall New Member

I get a black screen with music when I press "PLAY" on the launcher. It never gets to the character select / character creation screen. When I change back to US server and press PLAY it goes to character select and everything runs just fine. I deleted and re-downloaded the beta folder and have the same exact issue. Any suggestions?
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere quite some time ago that its the intro movie that is causing trouble. Do a forum search for intro movie and see what you come up with unless someone that remember hits on this thread first. Sorry I could not be of more help.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I hadn't ever heard of this, but you can easily test it. Open Notepad, and into put at least the first command (the others are handy, so I included them):

Code:
    # Stop Intro Movie
    cl_movie_enabled false

# Sets options to advanced mode by default
    cl_options_advanced 1

# Sets the default Auto Attack bar on/off
    cl_show_autoattack_bar true

# Make mercenary Shut the F*** Up
    cl_ignore_merc_chatter true

Save the file as eq2.ini (making sure Notepad doesn't tack .txt onto the end) If you already have an eq2.ini file, just edit htat file with Notepad and add the "Stop Intro Movie" stuff.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Trasor Active Member

Tried these too :(
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You fixed your issue by unplugging your external monitor from your laptop, yes?

I believe the intro movie thing was maybe 5 or 6 years ago.