Beta Crafting Reward Oddness

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by Niami DenMother, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I finished the beta crafting line on two alts (on the same account) before checking my /claim on live, only to find that I'd only earned one mount.

At this point, I can't tell if it is doing the old method of "earn it and claim it before you can get another" or if it just stuttered on one of the me's, because, well, I claimed that one in an exhausted haze before I went back to beta and finished a third on that account.

I'll need to re-test once the new issue with one quest in the TS line is fixed, but I wanted to give a head's up so folks can be keeping an eye on their live server /claim window.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

The information on the website suggested that the reward should be one per character for the beta rewards, not once per time you do the beta achievement. Maybe they have the flag set wrong on their side?

On a semi-related note, is it intended that there are no achievements related to the TS sig line? (not talking beta achivements.. just ANY, at all)
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

Also for crafting and Gathering stats the old Brightfire, Essence of Arcann'as is better
    Kristoph is 50 Gathering skills and Brightfire from 2 expatiations ago is 80 gathering skills as is Pack Pegasus.
    Kristop has beter combate skills but brightfire will still beused as my Ts and gathering mount looks like. Any chance you could raise the Gathering on Th beta TS reward mount?
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Can we, in fact, do the quest line multiple times before we claim on live? I don't want to mess it up.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I had 2 accumulated to claim tonight after doing it again, so I am just missing one, likely the first one I did, so you "should" be fine.
    Xianthia likes this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Thank you kindly!
  7. Mirt Active Member

I had posted about this in discord, so I'm glad someone did here. The stats on this mount are just well not good, to put it nicely. :) The stats on a mount that is 2 expansions newer than another one, for the harvesting, experimental, and durability, should be BETTER than the Brightfire one from KA.
  8. Amneesia New Member

Quest: The Scrivener's Tale - The Reach of the Ivy

When I logged out yesterday I was half way through the quest and when I logged in this morning the game was giving me updates for steps I had already taken. I was on the step that requires you to see Temry Loneivy in Vegarlson and he would not speak to me and there was no book above his head. I deleted the quest, started over and he would still not speak to me. Also, the step had required me to craft 3 boxes but updated the step after only crafting one.

I'm enjoying this expansion very much thank you for all your hard work.
  9. Arcos Active Member

Can I also add my voice to those requesting an improvement to the harvesting and crafting stats on the beta reward. Since this is a reward for the crafting side of things surely the reward should be an improvement for crafters and harvesters, not for adventurers. May I suggest +110 for harvesting skills and +10% for crafting stats.
  10. Lewyr New Member

Beta TS reward mount - If this mount is trainable and the previous TS mounts are not. There is a good chance that the harvest stats would exceed those past mount as they trained in level. Just a thought,

Of course I am not sure if all mounts become trainable from past expansions.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Mount raining is like merc training - it unlocks slots for gear. The mount gear we've seen does not make up the harvesting difference, for example, though the 3 rare harvest chance on 1 item is nice. (Also, yes, Brightfire can be trained)
  12. Yavie Member

I'm finding that it doesn't seem to matter what mount I have for harvesting, as the mount levels up, and you put on it's gear, you can choose harvesting gear. I'm getting a ton of rares with just harvesting gear on my mount.
  13. Thebuffshaman New Member

I finished my tradeskill mount requirements on one character 2 days ago, petitioned it as I still have not gotten the /claim and don't wanna do it again until I get my first one. There are parts of this that are hard for players like me (low vision) to do as instead of giving us a clear step inthe quest helper it requires us to do a lot of reading, this is difficult to do for those of us who can't read enough to read the whole quest text when getting the quest.
  14. Thebuffshaman New Member

I have still yet to get mymount i have a post here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/bug-no-tradeskill-mount-in-claim.586978/
    I still have yet to get any help on this and I only hace the one character who has enough harvesting skill to copy over and do the timeline in a reasonable amount of time. This is the one I have already done it on and am not gonna delete it to re-copy in case they need itt here to prove I did it. Can I please get some help here with this?
  15. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

I thought this could use some highlighting...

[IMG]