Best Wizard race/racials?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Discodude, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Discodude New Member

From a min/max point of view, which race benefits a Wizard MOST? Might be a little subjective but I'd like to hear opinions. Have a DE Wiz - but I think I'm going to re-roll and level again fresh.

Thanks for any advice here!
  2. Alexstrasza Active Member

You can just buy a race potion if you really want to change race, the gains from racial effects are very minimal and do not impact the min/max of a class enough to matter anymore.
    Discodude likes this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Pick a safefall and tracking class. Kerra, halfling, wood elf, half elf.
  4. Discodude New Member

for real? as a wiz? how come? (returning player)
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Tracking mobs makes questing easier and fall damage always sucks. Very few other passives are worthwhile in my opinion. 10 minute cooldown for 10 second stun resistance? Ability to breath underwater? Or the ability to find that pesky mob you're been searching hours for?
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

I just hired the fae scout from Kelethin, underwater breathing is pretty handy. I'd suggest that you look at the racial traits and decide which traits you would find most handy. Tracking is useful, but as I said, you can get the mercenary that has tracking. Underwater breathing is handy but you can get the item from nek castle or use totems for that.
  7. Skiasss Member

I like classes with the racial teleport... Such as dark elf and I think eurdite..... Probably because u can brew them and reuse if needed
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

Days later... I agree with racial teleport or tracking class. Yes, you can get the merc with tracking ability, but other mercs may be more viable to have around (Zhurg, Goblin) depending on what you're doing.
  9. Entropy Well-Known Member

I've picked Kerra for most of my toons. Hard to beat tracking, racial sprint, safefall, etc.
    Snikkety likes this.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

A lot of players do not think on the GF Scout merc.. he can track :)