Best ways to level 90-95...Hit a brick wall

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Archetype557, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Archetype557 New Member

Hello everyone,

A somewhat new player here. I have been playing EQ2 for a bit over a month now, slowly leveling my character over the time period. For the most part, I have been learning on my own or with the help of ZAM and other database sites.

I ran into a problem though. I've noticed that my leveling has drastically changed and almost slowed down to a halt.

Now, at level 90, it is taking FOREVER to level. I am questing at the Withered Lands (first stop of T10 according to http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Solo_Progression_(EQ2) ) and it's next to painful to do quests and get the same XP as the quests from lvl 70, but need like 10 times more xp just to get a level. Is this entirely normal? Or am I doing something wrong? It seems I am almost done with the zone and haven't even leveled once yet.

Any tips or suggestions would be helpful. Maybe I'm just overreacting and should have anticipated the slow in experience. Let me know what you guys think!
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's entirely normal to level from 90 up slowly just by questing. So nothing wrong with what you do. If you want to level faster you will have to find your way into skyshrine groups that grind XP. I would suggest to go through WL quests and get an access to skyshrine through it. Then you can start questing and xp grinding in skyshrine and get to 95 very quick. If it makes sense for you. You can start working on COE signiture questline as low as level 92 but xp is not going to be good either. Good luck!
  3. Archetype557 New Member

Thank you for the help. But what exactly is skyshrine? Is it a questing area or dungeon?

So, I guess I should keep questing then? Hopefully it does get better =D
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

This is Skyshrine. (The words 'This' and 'Skyshrine' in the preceding sentence are links to the Zam and EQ2i pages for Skyshrine, respectively.)
  5. Snowhaze Active Member

I'm not sure there is anything as good as a Skyshrine XP group for leveling past 90 all the way to 95, you could do it with a great group in an afternoon or evening, its amazing and also great for AAs.

You may have a banner in your guild hall that can port you straight there, otherwise its a long pony ride through the Withering Lands (one side to the other).
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

Levels 91 - 95 are considered "prestige levels"... basically meaning they upped the xp required a LOT to get to the next level. So yeah, you're going to grind to a near halt when you hit 90. Questing for xp is almost pointless on these prestige levels. Definitely get in a Skyshrine grind group, or a group for any at-level heroic dungeon to get the xp.
  7. Rynada New Member

The one thing I noticed when reading this post is that no-one mentioned the fact that you can not level past 90 until you have 280 AA points. So you will essentially be stuck at level 90 until you hit that AA mark. This might also be a reason it seems to be going so slow.
  8. Sclerotia Member

I ran into the same issue with slow levelling at 90.
    I levelled from 90 to 92 by mentoring down and doing the Heritage quests level 1 through 50. Not exactly the fastest way to level but I did it in less than a month. Once you hit 92 there are quests in the Eidolon Jungle that seem to move a bit faster at levelling.

Edit: Good point about the AA needing to be 280. But I used the POT from the expansion to up mine and did not even think about it.
  9. Ulak New Member

If you like to PVP, Battlegrounds provides a decent amount of xp and can be a nice break from the quest or ss grind. Although BGs can also become monotonous ...
  10. Tetrol Well-Known Member

I tried another thing - I looked at my achievements and tried to get all of the dungeon boss ones - a few of those give rewards when you get all of them fo a given expansion. Mentoring to about lvl 30 was still giving better xp then doing lvl 90 - 95 material.
  11. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

The problem lies herein. Aside from Skyshrine, the best experience in the game post-90 comes from mentoring and killing mobs en masse in old zones. There's exactly zero incentive to even visit new overland zones, unless it's out of a sense of curiosity.
  12. Mamitan New Member

Now Lv92 in Hole Rat ^^^ each 3 sec self menter to Lv80 Mercenary off
    783XP plus 1565XP bounuses

I tried looking for other locations, but they all have 10x HP and the same experience points, so this game has the wrong settings. Why did you make a place that should be normal like a raid? ? ?

For some classes, DPS will double at Lv90.

I plan to continue this until Lv95, and maybe even up to Lv100.
    This location can be reached from the central entrance on the lower side of the city in The Sundered Frontier