Best way to level up

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Savne, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Savne Member

What's the best/fastest way to level up from 1 to max without powerleveling?
    I've been questing through zones, but I'm finding that the levels are coming pretty slowly. And I'm only at level 26, so I worry about when I'm in higher levels.

For instance, is it better to gear up your character and go through dungeons killing ^^^s than quest?

Thanks for any advice or tips.
  2. Witt New Member

Whew... I'm at the point in this game where I have two accounts. I have the account with all my toons on it, and then I have a second account with a 95 Berzerker which I use to level up my toons. I dual box the Zerker and level from 1-90 in a day. 90-95 the second day. (A weekend day, mind ya. I'm talking 10 hour play sessions.)

The point is, there is no way to level "That" fast... But to give you some tips.

Depending on the age of your account you may have some xp potions. It's always good to use them but make sure you save some for your later levels. Especially the 80's.

Sometimes it's good to level multiple toons at the same time. That way you can grind on one until he's dry on Adventure Vitality. Then switch to another toon and let the first one regenerate some more vitality. (On the UI, Vitality says you "Get 200% XP" but that's not right. It "Adds" 200%, so you get a total of 300%.)

Another tip... Until roughly level 50, one thing I used to do is find a location with LOTS of mobs that are solo, and blue con. The important thing is to find mobs that you can crush quickly. Then chain pull them non-stop for an hour with an xp potion. (Yellow mobs will work too so long as you can kill them quickly.)

When grinding to level don't worry at all about the number of xp points per kill. Instead think about XP per hour. A blue con mob might only give 100 xp, where a blue con heroic might give 500. but the solo mob takes 1 to 3 seconds to kill and the heroic takes 38 seconds... For example.

Post 50, you're gonna want to group and run heroic zones for the best xp.
  3. Maltaros Active Member

Sorry to tell you this but you are in the levels that are pretty fast. If you think leveling to 26 takes to much time, this probably isn't the game for you. The best advice I would give you is to relax, take in the story lines (read the quest text) and enjoy. The journey is where the fun is. And the end is really not as fun as might think. It is basically a grind of doing the same dungeons over and over chasing tokens and the exact pieces of gear you want.
  4. ZachSpastic Active Member

Buy a Heroic character.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It is possible to level to 95 in like 2 days, assuming you are masochistic and have friends that will powerlevel you. There is a "slow spot" in leveling after 20 until around 35, when you will have pretty much all of your class's abilities.

To speed up leveling, make sure you have at least Adept versions of all your spells and combat arts. Mastercrafted armor and hear also help. Adorn all your gear, crafted adornments for lower levels are usually dirt cheap on the broker or can be commissioned cheap.

Other things you can do to help level:
    • Collections. Pick up shinies everywhere! Sell the ones you don't need and buy affordable shinies you are missing with the proceeds.
    • Poop. Seriously! Those bones, water flasks, and small sacks of compost that some mobs drop can be traded to a guild hall gardener for a random shiny. Destroy Blackburrow or Runnyeye and then trade in the fertilizer components.
    • Explore. Discovery AA is a boost, and you can get it in zones that are above your level. Exploration in high level zones can be done, if you are careful. Take a world tour: go to Tenebrous tangle and take the cloud pads everywhere, step off the pads and walk forward a step or two to get the discovery ding. Rinse and repeat in the other Kingdom of Sky zones.
    • Make sure your armor/jewelry/etc. is not greyed out. Your gear should be in the same tier that you are: if there's more than a ten level gap, it's much less effective. If you can't find useful stuff dropped by mobs or quested, harvest your tuchis off and get mastercrafted gear. Combine this harvesting with Quo's quest (he's the strange child swimming fully clad in a pond on the Isle of Mara). It pays decent money for each level and helps incentivize harvesting. When you harvest, save your rares to have made into mastercrafted gear, and sell excess rares and shinies.
  6. Ratza Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer to quest my characters to level up with the occasional dungeon crawl at intervals/higher levels.

Getting to lv 26 is pretty easy...in fact getting to 50-60 is pretty easy..it slows down after that.....if you're struggling at 26 to level you are in the wrong zone, doing the wrong quests, and or have no vitality left for xp bonus and maybe have xp debt reducing your xp gain.
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

If you create your own dungeons, you can get XP in there pretty fast up to level 50 (boring though). After that, I would do the soloing timelines (Per EQ2 Zam / Wiki). Get Adept spells/CAs off the broker, and just upgrade your treasured gear every 10 levels. Don't waste time money adorning or reforging; or just user lesser/greater adornments if you have the extreme urge to splurge.