Best tradeskill for a solo Necro?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-LoneGreyWolf20, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-LoneGreyWolf20 Guest

I'm looking for the best tradeskill to go along with a Necro that solos mostly.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nink Guest

Kind of depends, if you have a load of alts then a provisioner for food and drink is good, other than that a Sage so you can make Adept 3 spells or a Tailor to make clothes, back packs and dolls for your necro.
  3. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Whichever you find most fun. No tradeskill class will make you a better Necro. If that is all you are looking for then stop at 9th level artisan. Think about why you want to craft. Is it because you are finding it hard to find someone to make stuff for you? Is it because you want to make money?
  4. ARCHIVED-dartie Guest

[p]If your purpose is to provide yourself with the things you will need as you level, then the first reponse is correct in that it would make sense for you to consider sage (ad3s), tailor (cloth armor/hex dolls), or provisioner (food/drink). I would add jeweler to the list because you will benefit not only from the intelligence enhancing jewelry you can make, but the adornments as well (those intellectual backings on earrings are very handy).[/p][p]But in my opinion, the "right" choice is sage simply because it's quickest to level. Necros are lightning-fast soloers--and the ones who set out to provide themselves with a certain kind of tradeskill item seem to lose patience with tradeskilling because it takes so much longer (at least through the middle tiers) than leveling up as adventurers. I seem always to be bumping into T5, T6, and T7 necros who are only T2, T3, or T4 tradeskillers. [/p][p]When you are used to dinging like mad from adventuring, it can be painful to grind away at the same recipes over and over in order to level up, so I think your best shot is to stick with sages simply because they get an ungodly number of pristine bonuses and level far more quickly than the other classes. Even the sage may be too slow for you, though. My sage has a number of necro customers who are sages themselves--but lack the patience to grind through sage recipes and are stuck as T3 tradeskillers.[/p][p] [/p]