Best race for necro?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Kane, Nov 21, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kane Guest

What does everyone believe the best race to be for a Necromancer?

Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Fornax_Lacerta Guest

Dark Elf.... only because I am. :smileywink:
  3. ARCHIVED-Caliron Guest

Pick what you want for style, not stats. The statistical difference between the races is completely negligable. Ohh and Rotonga are best because Iam one :smileywink:
  4. ARCHIVED-Huthafus Guest

Ever since playing eqlive I have always had this dream combination for playing a necro and now, someday, it might be possible.

Two words: Froglok Necromancer.

Awww, yeah!
  5. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

Statistically Erudites have an advantage due to their starting INT.

Race / Starting INT
    Erudite / 30
    Gnome / 27
    Dark Elf / 26
    Troll / 10

With that said, you could start a Troll necromancer and the difference in INT would be negligible by level 50.

My advice is to pick the race that you like the best, and ignore the stats. You'll be happier in the long run if you chose the race you wanted to play instead of the race you thought would provide an advantage.
  6. ARCHIVED-MMODrone Guest

Great advice unless being the best stat wise is what makes you happy, one sided advisements are alot like one sided opinions...
  7. ARCHIVED-TommyTutone Guest

Ogre (like me), because you don't need skelly form to look good!
  8. ARCHIVED-Rhugan Guest

My group makes me use Skelly Form in dungeons cause my **** is to big.
  9. ARCHIVED-Skullan Guest

I am an Iksar. I was one in EQ One and as I have a touch of roleplayer in me, I am one again.
  10. ARCHIVED-Neimhidh Guest

Uber Necro Leezard powah
  11. ARCHIVED-Azerov Guest

The answer is obvious, Gnomes are the superior race in all things.

Osso
    24 Necromancer
    Freeport, Mistmoore
  12. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

I like my Ratonga, high agi to avoid the inc. over agro :smileywink: and pretty high INT. He fits into most overhead storage bins also. I played a gnome necro in EQlive and twas ok but would have rather played a Iksar after Kunark came out however I am happy playing the Ratonga race and will continue until Underverse come.