best priest to duo with a berserker?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Sidoh, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Sidoh Guest

Me and my friend may start playing EQ2, and he wants to be an ogre berserker. What kind of priest that can be with freeport compliments a berserker best?

Also, is berserker a good DPS class? Would a scout or monk be better?
    Message Edited by Sidoh on 01-01-2007 12:04 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Conjourer Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Sidoh Guest

Thanks. =D

If we are going to go to betray Freeport when the time comes, should i still go the Inquisitor/Templar route?
    Message Edited by Sidoh on 01-01-2007 08:03 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Bibe Guest

i'd go for a fury purely because they have decent dps (as well as dps buffs)
    tbh if you are duoing you wont be taking on difficult named anyways~ which is where a cleric would shine (as you dont really have hte dps to kill difficult named really~)

dont knock mystics as a healer either - they get some awesome buffs (especially now that STA doesnt have a hardcap) , personally I'd go bruiser before a monk as a brawler tank.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

I used to say Fury hands down was the best... but now with the emphasis on +slashing, +piercing, +crushing skills to hit mobs while in defensive... I would be tempted to say Warden.
    The SoW helps in the lower levels.. and the port spells help in teh higher levels... Warden have EVAC... Fury have Group invis.
    Warden has more defensive stuff
    Fury has more offensive stuff.
    If you have REALLY REALLY good gear... you can tank in offensive like me using a buckler... and still do great.... but if you don't have awesome gear and have to go defensive a defensive beserker has issues with DPS and therefore with aggro as well... that is where a warden's +slashing etc skill would come in more handy than a fury's +haste & DPS proc buff... all the haste in the world can't help you if you only hit 1% of the time on an orange mob...
  6. ARCHIVED-Conjourer Guest

I completely agree with your assesment of the Warden....as a matter of fact my main healer is a Warden, and we can duo quite well, and pvp together very well....but Inquisitor is still my choice for this question. Inquis gets a group dps buff, not sure if they get a slash, crush, pierce buff like Templars do, and I am aware that its not as good as Wardens, but still, you can go offensive stance for the stats, with an inquis you have great healing...Wardens heals are mainly group based IMO...Wardens are the best Group AoE healers in the game, if duoing, you want that Cleric...unless your just going after boring easy content all the time...*shrugs* Warden was my second choice, as I stated, but maybe its only because I don't get to group with a good Cleric much? I just know when I do get that cleric in the group they really shine to me...
  7. ARCHIVED-Legiax Guest

If im going to duo, its with a Warden (Teila owns).

The huge healing power they have, combined with dust storm, combined with the ability to give power with some added DPS makes them stupidly effective.

So far, theres not been a duo that has even come close to beating us, and we've taken down full groups with ease.

Warden = PvP duo partner for a zerk.
  8. ARCHIVED-fyrelance Guest

Not sure about PVP, but for PVE a defiler is the best healer when it comes to taking down the toughest mobs. Not only are a defilers wards and heals very power efficient, but they have a lot of power regen as well, allowing them to outlast any other healer. A defiler has everything from some of the best debuffs and buffs in the game, and with the right AA's a pet that does ok dps. A defiler can stack his 2 main wards which last for 30 seconds and can buff for over 5000 hp's. Then you have 2 emergency wards that buff for around the same amount that can be stack as well.

I have people always tell me I am a great healer, because they never take damage with me. Well that is not true, all I am doing is chaining my grp ward once ever 15 seconds for 3400 hp, and since most of the dps classes are taking less damage then that from aggro or from a curse they think I am doing something special.

The defiler does have one ok dps spell, which is an AE and how much damage it does depends on how low the enemies health is.
  9. ARCHIVED-DarkAzurea Guest

My friend and I duo Berserker/Warden, and it is a GREAT duo, i love it to death. We can rip through just about anything
  10. ARCHIVED-DeathEater024 Guest

One thing that I see some people forgetting about INQ is with the AA's the can doo awsome DMG too. Crit on every hit I call that awsome with some great heals, and debuffs the enemy to crushing peircing and slashing. I love the INQ.
  11. ARCHIVED-dasching Guest

I'd go with the Warden. The AA tree that provides 45% run speed in in-door zones is incredible!
  12. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

As a level 70 Berserker with almost 2 years of EQ2 gaming experience, I prefer the Defiler over all other priests, especially as a duo partner.
  13. ARCHIVED-LokiHellsson Guest

Fury. The DPS makes the mob die fast. They also have debuffs that reduce mobs' defensive abiltiy and wis/agi (defensive stats). They have very nice healing and they have the 5 portals. If you were running a Wizard instead of a Zerker, I'd say warden because he could supplement the rooting better, but a zerker doesn't need that whole line of ability the Warden has. Oh, and don't forget Fury gets group invis at 47 or whatever. Warden evac is nice.

Templars/Inquisitors are great in full groups and raids, but in duo's they don't bring enough DPS.

Shamen...mystic's and defilers...I don't really understand them since I have only run one up to level 40. I don't like them much and don't see a reason to have one except raiding or doing very difficult full-group stuff like Mistmoore, there they really shine.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

I went with a Mystic(Defiler) because of the debuffs. The other priest classes just don't **** mobs the same. I can box heriocs easily but the dps may be a little low and usually comes from the berzerker. Mystic /= DPS. Why FP? You can run a level 8 evil to Qeynos yet doing the opposite would prove to be difficult.
  15. ARCHIVED-Laoch69 Guest

Inquisitor, bar none. Sure, other healing classes work, but if you want the most bang for your buck, Inquisitor/Zerker.
    Now if you were a Bruiser or a monk, I would suggest a Defiler/Mystic.