Best partner for a Necro? (Experienced advice please)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-ArrA, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-johnbaz Guest

hey guys - 30 necro here -

i had a great time duoing with a coercer.

have tank type pet up (i know it's not the most dmg but holds aggro better + more hps).

if there are adds the coercer mezzes them.

stack your dot's and coercer dots on main mob and complete ho's.

when that guys' dead....stun add/2nd mob (so he doesn't beat on coercer)....sick pet on him to get aggro. rinse and repeat DoT's and HOs.

heal up pet after battle - insta tank (better if you have adept3 UA type pet).

coercer crowd control + dots + mana regen crack is fantastic. as a necro you have great mana regen, and that much better with coercer crack =)

my 2 copper.
  2. ARCHIVED-KaerMickey Guest

It is a bit slow, but if you kill high enough mobs, which you can, you get better xp for your time.

Also, the trick has already been mentioned in the forums so i'll go ahead and tell what it is. Basically a preist can heal your pet without entering combat. If the preist has a good drink, this means they can regen their power as fast as they use it on heals. This means he can keep the pet at full healt while staying at full power even with you siphoning the pets health to your power. This allows you to kill uber mobs with little effort for great xp. I've killed yellow^^ mobs easily with this, and am willing to bet red^^ can be killed aswell. It does take a bit of time, but when you can gain 2%-3% xp per kill, it is worth it :)
  3. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

Yup, you can do red++, but that's really not effective use of time unless you're completing a quest--seems you just don't get that much extra exp for red over yellow...

Even if you don't plan on using the bug, a priest makes a good partner for a necro. I think I'd want one with SoW, though!
  4. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

The fix for this is on test already, apparently.
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=spellart&message.id=25527#M25527
  5. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

Yes, I was glad to see it. I've been bugging it. After all, I'm not patient enough to use it very often. :) It also bores my inquisitor companion.

The priest is still an excellent partner for a necromancer, however, at least until the mid 30s (the limit of my testing). And I hate to have to repeat this, but it's true: no matter how stinky mages get, if they are tied to a priest, when they DO need a group, they'll be able to get one. A pair of mages would not have it so easy.
  6. ARCHIVED-nhdjoseywales Guest

I have duod often with wizards and warlocks quite effectively. You can kill non stop for the if you stick to regular mobs (might have to stop for a minute after 20 mobs or so). Some people dont like that but the xp is definitely faster and mobs die very quickly. In EL i would make the beach run kos turtles thru the solo lamias and then go do all the solo spiders and head back to the beach. In rivervale we do all the non kos bees by teh tailor shop then run clear the wolves/rat-scorpin things and head back to bees.
  7. ARCHIVED-Hadious Guest

I like duo'ng with another summoner type class, my buddy plays a conjurer, we can take about 3 green ^'s or 2 blue ^'s easily, just stack em up and ae dot / ae nuke em.

An enchanter type class isnt bad either, you always have breeze, their crowd control and the dots they can lay out, not to mention they get alot of stuns.
  8. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

Hrmm what level was this at? Just curious because I'm looking to be grouping with a conjurer friend in the near future but dunno what we'll be able to handle.
  9. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

duo with a healer, specifically warden. I am a 50 necro and can kill a level 50 group mob with my level 40 warden friend and he is full of power after battle. their regen spells are so efficient in combination with adept 3 rotting thrall. you just have to be careful with aggro and learn when and what to cast.
  10. ARCHIVED-binaryfiber Guest

I duo with a Wizard(I'm 35, he's 33) quite a bit. It's a tough fight but we can take out equal leveled ^^'s pretty consistently. I have a Master I Grim Spellbinder that serves as tank and when he dies it's lots of backpedaling/binding/dotting. There is no other class that I would ever attempt that with. We've been working together since level 1. In our case, we just had to flesh out a good communication system so we didn't waste dots and binds.