Best Non-TLE Server to wait it out

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kraetec, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Kraetec Active Member

I haven't played EQ2 in years (since 2008), so I was excited for the TLE servers; however, now I'm bored waiting for this "yes" vote that appears won't be happening for months. I mean, I guess it's exciting for some people; however, given that I played full-time during the original vanilla ...one month was enough.

But anyway, my posting here is not on that topic (as there plenty of those threads going on already.) My question is actually as to which LIVE server would be a good place to play while waiting for the "yes" vote. Is there a server with a solid population right now -- or, are they all equally dead? (Any suggestions for a guild on your suggested server?) Or -- maybe it would be better to just wait until after the big "server merger" that's coming?

Anyway, I'm just looking for options. I now find myself wanting to actually play this game, but I only really want to play my primary class choice ...so, with the limited content on TLE, I find myself considering something I never though I would: going back to the live servers.

(This is not a troll post, nor is intended to create arguments. I genuinely am curious as to what others like me are planning to do while we wait out this "no" vote which looks like could go on for months.)
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow, the Drama Llamas are on the forums this morning bright and early, eh?

Seeing as how you actually have to roll a new character for your self-imposed dramatic exit, why don't you simply glance at the server list when you do it and notice that Antonia Bayle has a heavier population than the rest? Why, because that wouldn't allow you to troll these forums about getting voted down (waaaay, waaaaaay down on Stormhold especially) on DoF, would it?

You could also take two seconds away from your trolling, and notice in the stickied merger threads at the top of this very forum that Antonia Bayle is not going to be part of those merges. That might give you another little hint!

Aw, cheer up, I imagine you'll find lots of other things to complain about once you get there, too.
    Feldon, Claudiana, Fetish and 2 others like this.
  3. Kraetec Active Member

I didn't say I'm exiting. I'm doing exactly what so many here have suggested: going to play on Live until the "yes" vote goes through. I still have a few things to do here and there, and I'd like to start DoF with a bit more platinum, so I don't plan to stop being on the TLE completely -- I'm just looking for options.

I will check the server list; however, last time I looked (when I created my character on the TLE a few weeks ago), all of the live servers were equal in being low (it could have been the time of day as well.) Also, while you may have a point that one could infer information from the server merge proposals, that's not the same as advice, which is what I asked.

You might also realize that a server can show high populations yet be "dead", which is another reason why I asked for advice. For example, my memory of Antonia Bayle is that it tends to be where many of the bot guilds landed. So, yea, there could be a lot of accounts/characters playing, but could be more dead than some of the other servers.

Your posting was unnecessarily viscous and rude. I went out of my way to be cordial, polite, and respectful and did not belittle anyone or any argument. While I did take the time to explain WHY I was asking the question (which I guess you interpreted as trolling), it was not intended as such.
    Rhodris, Moonpanther and Thinwizzy like this.
  4. Josgar Active Member

Antonia Bayle is the most populated server pre merger. I currently play on Unrest so I can't give you a true picture of the population difference.
  5. GBlack Active Member

It is pretty rare thing when I like your posts, Siren :) But I'm rly happy that this guy leaving us :) I've seen a queynos character named Siren on Deathtoll, is that you? I thought your're playing FP.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Getting your name in every MMO is a heroic feat in and of itself, and one that is beyond most of us supporting families. It's the kids with all the time in the world that grab the best names at server launch. :p
    GBlack likes this.
  7. Gourdon Well-Known Member

OP,

If you're Kraetec on Stormhold, then you've done very little other than advanced to 50/50 and got a little gear with less than two pages of mediocre items for sale on the broker. By your definition, no amount of content is enough because you will skip 95+% of it.
    GBlack and lonestryder like this.
  8. starbuck Member

Antonia Bayle the server not being merged.
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I really don't feel like this is a troll post. The op states they did not like the vote and that is ok. They didn't go on and on about it. They are simply asking which other server would be the best to go to. They also clearly state they find themselves WANTING to play the game. That is a good thing and something we should welcome and promote not chastise.

Whether you liked their comment on the vote or not they have a right to state said opinion. They still want to play the game, so let's be careful we don't run off folks who want to play the game simply because we don't agree with their opinion about something. :D

And for the OP, WELCOME!!!!! It's a great game and I think you will find that the AB server is quite active, even with the TLE servers. I'm there and my main is also Moonpanther so give me a shout out if you need anything. What is your main interest? Questing, solo, raiding, decorating, crafting, all the above?

Again, Welcome! :D
    HaphazardAllure, Torvaldr and Rhodris like this.
  10. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

All the servers are getting merged. I would check out the server merge naming thread and see which cluster of three you want to be on. AB is the most populated server with Freeport likely being the second. I'm on Everfrost and our server is awesome even if it's low pop. Most of the servers are quiet at the low levels.
  11. Kraetec Active Member

Your posting makes no sense at all. How in the world did you deduce that I would "skip 95% of it" based on anything you just stated, or what you discovered? First of all, the reason that there is only two pages for sale is that my stuff sells quickly (because, unlike others, I sell things for what I think they're worth..not for how much I think I can gouge people for.) I've made over 20 platinum so far (still have 12-13 of it on me) and just don't see a reason to continue farming it heavily. (I do want a little more before going to DoF, as I mentioned earlier; however, I'm not motivated to go all out platinum farming and/or crafting/selling at this time.)

Otherwise, how do you know what content I've done or not? The fact of the matter is that this current character has done everything except "Fire and Ice" and "Deception", and I have every HQ finished that's in the game (I have about 5-6 that are ready to turn-in for xp when DoF is released.) I have about 30 collections also ready to turn in when KoS is released (for AA), and then all the ones I turned-in while leveling. At this point I'm waiting for prices to drop on some of the rare pieces before continuing the collection process.

As I mentioned, I played full-time during the original vanilla and did finish my prismatic at that time. On the TLE I've made inquiries about doing Fire and Ice and Deception; however, my guild is not yet ready to do any raiding, and every pick-up raid I've tried to join was not interested in an additional Shadowknight due to the fact that the organizing guild already had multiple fighters and, well, everyone knows that fighters struggle to find a raid spot, even within guilds.

Finally, you mentioned gear. Right now there is no real reason to farm gear, as I'm sure you well know. There might be a few pieces here and there available as rare drops or raid drops that's slightly better; however, it's common knowledge that itemization is such that the easy-to-obtain items are almost as good as anything you're going to find. I see no reason to spend lots of platinum or spend hours of my life in mindless grinding to acquire an item that's hardly an upgrade, especially when my character is perfectly capable of doing all of the current content as it is designed.

Anyway, I could go on, but the point is that while there might be some content that my TLE character hasn't experienced yet, it's no where near 95%. I think your statement is wholly unfair, uninformed, and based upon false assumptions.
  12. Phyr Member

I would say AB is best. FP 2nd. people say lots of bots on AB. but that dosnt bother my playing. After the Mergers I think the CB BB Oasis server might give AB a run for it's Money on Server population. sense from the looks of it we get the bulk of the raiding guilds. I could be wrong tho.

OP if i were in your Shoes right now. I'd go AB and wait for DoF on TLE to come out.
    Kraetec and Torvaldr like this.