Best non-raid gear set (T8)

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Effidian, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

This is an updated version of the old T7 list(http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=372638). This list is intended to be the best gear you can get without raiding. It is mainly targeted at a group setting, or stuff to get before you get replacements in raids. For soloing, you will probably want to hang onto some of those items with healing and stun procs. If you have suggestions for pieces, throw them out and I'll edit this list if we find better pieces.
    Some points about these pieces:
    1. A haste item is really nice (I'd even say necessary). There are 4 listed. The Cloak of Flames, Baldric of the Di'Zok Warlord, Darkened Gauntlets, and Faceless Shield. Items with "Haste" do *not* stack, while items with "Attack Speed" do. Usually, "Haste" items have larger values (20ish), where Attack Speed increases are small (1-5ish). So, make sure to wear one "Haste" item. The Cloak of Valor is very nice for DPS, so I'd recommend against a haste cloak.
    2. Item names are linked to lootdb, so just click on them to see the item. I just list the more important stats, however, lootdb isn't always accurate, so if what you see isn't the same as what I have listed, try linking it in game. Because of this, I very well could have missed some items that are better than the ones listed.
    3. Some slots have more than one item, where it wasn't clear to me which was better, or they are alternates for haste item slots.
    4. The 8 dps on the Tunare earring is really nice unless you hit the diminishing returns curve in groups you are typically in. If you have enough dps in your typical group, then swap in one of the crit earrings.
    5. Honoring the Master Chef has 2 good Ranger option rewards. The chest piece, Coat of the Culinary Apprentice, and the wrist item, Wristwrap of the Culinary Apprentice. Both are listed below, but you can only choose one.
    6. Lines in italics are alternates for pieces that are random no-trade drops.
    Legend:
    RDA = Ranged Double Attack
    RC = Ranged Crit
    CA = CA Damage
    Consumables:
    Adornment list:
    Note: Make sure you use adornments of the appropriate level. Smoldering can only be used on 70+ gear, and there are a couple pieces above that are < 70.
    • Head - Scintillating Epiphanic Imprint = 100 power
    • Cloak - Scintillating Metaphysical Lining = Flowing Thought III
    • Chest - Smoldering Prismatic Applique = +7 to all stats
    • Shoulders - Smoldering Brawny Straps = +16 str
    • Forearms - Smoldering Savvy Splint = +16 wis
    • Gloves - Smoldering Fast Action Stitching = 2% ranged crit
    • Waist - Scintillating Fast Action Buckle = 1% ranged crit
    • Legs - Smoldering Brawny Brace = +16 str
    • Boots - Smoldering Agile Spurs = +16 agi
    • Neck - Smoldering Judicious Clasp = +12 dps
    • Ear - Smoldering Intellectual Backing = +16 int (x2)
    • Ring - Smoldering Epiphanic Polish = +100 power (x2)
    • Wrist - Smoldering Combative Fastening = +30 CA (x2) (fabled)
    • Wrist - Smoldering Brawny Fastening = +16 str (x2)
    • Primary - <pick one>
    • Secondary - <pick one>
    • Ranged - Smoldering Judicious Composite Gear = +12 dps (fabled)
    Impetuous Strike Set (just for reference):
  2. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

The difference with the haste stacking is usually haste is a large number +20 or so and Attack speed is usually the smaller ones +1, +2 etc. From what i've seen all items with attack speed stack but you can only use one item with haste on it.
    Before the nerf the shield from Fear was attack speed so it stacked with your CoF or DT amulate or your other haste item - then they changed it to haste and it was worthless.
  3. ARCHIVED-WebinKaltani Guest

See Effidian. This is why I like you.
  4. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Thanks Wodreaux, I'll update with that info. Glad there is something easy...
    Thanks Webin.
  5. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Swapped out gloves, since the previous gloves came off an x2.
    Added links to the quests/collections that items come from.
    Clarified Haste and Attack Speed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Magius789 Guest

Sebilite Croaking Dirk drops in Crypt of Aggony, that is where I got mine from.
  7. ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite Guest

Dont forget Buckler of the Howler, procs like crazy.
  8. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Thanks Magius. I updated that.
    Shaulin, Buckler of the Howler is a raid item.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Now here's a question. Just got up to 71 and am a wondering. Is it worth my Plat to buy the lvl 72 Mastercrafted Melodious Chain armor pieces (except the hands, I have Darkened Gauntlets already for that and the haste rocks). As I will be 72 before weeks end just want to know if I should save my 5-7 plat for other things with the expectation of questing for these items.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lodor Guest

For the belt slot there is the faction bought one from the reet in KJ. Also the set sleeves with the 2 RDA on them.
    Also i know most rangers wont care but I imagine someone willing to put the time into it the pvpers might like a list that is more pvp based.
  11. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Gisallo@Lucan DLere wrote:
    On my server, incarnadine is only about 15g, so it wouldn't cost 5-7p. Even if it did, you'll make 75p+ just doing quests and selling drops up to level 80. So a little investment in the melodic pieces is pretty painless. Don't buy the pieces off the broker, unless they are dirt cheap. Buy the clusters and commission an armorer to make the pieces for you. Buying off the broker typically costs a lot more for player made things. You can also get a couple weapons made as well.
    Lodor wrote:
    Which belt is that?
    I have those sleeves on my list to look at. I need to figure out if the 2RDA is better than the things that the Yha-lei shoulders give you. I'll probably add them as a second piece for that slot. The no STR items are a real pain...
  12. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

I wonder if wearing 3 pieces of the Impetuous Strike set would be worthwhile to get the 2 RDA bonus? The shoulders (which give 2RDA), the gloves, and probably the hat. Wearing those 3 pieces, you gain 51 str, 24 int, 4 RDA. Wearing the other 3 pieces listed would give you 93 str, 35 int, 2 Attack Speed, 3 RC, 80 CA, 5 Ranged. Seems like a lot to trade off for the 4 RDA, but double attack is very nice. Guess it is time to do some parsing...
    The next question would be, would wearing 6 pieces be worth it for the damage proc? I'm missing the hat and boots, so I can't try that yet. I need to get the hat and try that out (since I really wouldn't want to give up the Trooper Scale boots).
  13. ARCHIVED-Lordaniel Guest

The reet faction belt is:
    Krup Belt Of Evasion
    +15 str, +1 ranged, +1 ranged crit, +42 CA damage
    I think the best non raid belt for rangers.
  14. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

this or the scorpikis faction belt with +42 STR etc... (mentioned in other thread)

++Xan
  15. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Added the Krup Belt of Evasion.
    (Already had the Scorpikis belt listed.)
  16. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Added Darkened Gauntlets to the set for Haste. The Fireproof gloves are kinda weak, and the Cloak of Valor and the one of the other belts are pretty nice, so if you use either of those slots for Haste, you loose out on a nice piece.
  17. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Hehe .. best T7 treasured item ever ;)
  18. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

Effidian wrote:
    meh, im blind :(

++Xan
  19. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Added Riliss Chicken Foot, Coat of the Culinary Apprentice, and Wristwrap of the Culinary Apprentice.
  20. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Added "Consumable" section.
    Was thinking about merging dbmoreland's list in with this one. Since the lists are so close, I could put a couple alternate entries in for the differences. dbmoreland, if you read this, let me know if you think that is okay.