Best non pet solo caster?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vinny, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Vinny Member

Hiya folks,

I'm looking for the best non pet solo caster, I tried both Necro and Conjy and they are ok , but I want to try a tough non pet caster. How are Illusionists? Or should I just make a Wizard?

Thanks!
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Wizzies are still t1 dps if you're looking for straight numbers, but I'm partial to Illusionists :p That being said, Illusionists are pet classes that don't get to heal their reflections, but you play them like you do a conjy/necro. Root, send in pet, root, cast dps, root, mez encounters, etc. Wizards are straight root and nukers. You'll likely find the wizzie plays more like you're asking.
  3. Rubick Well-Known Member

Play a wizard if you just want things to die at will. Once you get gear you pick whichever button is your favorite color and press it and the quest mob(s) die(s). Plus wizards are hands down the most fun class imo, having played nearly all of them extensively since launch. It's hard to go wrong with a wizard amigo. They also destroy in all aspects. They're amazing at AoE DPS, single target dps, impressing the ladies with your massive nukes, flexing on training dummies in the guild hall, etc.
  4. Vinny Member

Thanks for the responses, my Wizzie is 26 and tearing things up!!