Best level to start the PGT quest?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Reevanthara, Apr 22, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Flaegren Guest

Would someone fill us noobs in on what SBD and SSOY are?

Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Gorkk00 Guest

SBD = Serrated Bone Dirk, reward from the heritage The Reaching Blade of the Assassin
    SSoY = Short Sword of Ykesha, reward from the heritage Rescue of the Greenhoods

[Edit] And for PGT, i would recommend to begin it as soon as you can, as for any other heritage (like it has been suggested earlier). It'll give muche more fun to do it when challenging, and much more xp (i got half a level from completing JBoots at level 32 for example ;)). With a group around 27, you can easily take Octagorgon down, but you'll need two of these groups to take the captain for manastone (stiletto's order) though ;).

I'm still 33, but as a dirge, i really find that SBD is not that good, and at this level i'll prolly still use PGT as a secondary weapon, and SSoY as main, and will use SBD only for mobs immune to slashing ;)
    Message Edited by Gorkk00 on 06-28-2005 10:43 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Until you replace that legendary SBD with something better, its superior output is enough reason to use it, and is the only legendary quality weapon that is not mastered before level 50 that you can get from a heritage quest.

The SBD is something you should always have on you as a dirge (who dual wields) once you get it, or untill you get better, for more than just those mobs that are immune to slash.

EDIT: Grammar
    Message Edited by Godstalk on 06-29-2005 12:57 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Gorkk00 Guest

Isn't the proc on SSoY more interesting than the 0.5 more damage rating of SBD (maybe SBD becomes interesting with the higher delay and the sta bonus?). Can get it well here, and as i can't have tested it yet, i'm interested in any piece of info :) (will still do both heritage anyway, 'cause heritage are fun, when you don't have to use a friggin' rare :p).

Does the fact that SSoY is mastered before level 50 matters that much? In which way? (considering that the damage rating is nearly the same with both weapon, and the lowest one has a proc).
    Thanks
  5. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Nope, nothing wrong with using the ykesha. I use my SSOY and SBD currently... until I get an ebon imbued weapon. The yak proc probably amounts to a whole 0.5 of damage difference. It's not common enough to make a real difference, and the SBD is reliable damage. It IS "interesting" though, I do like seeing that lightning bolt and the crashing thunder noise it makes. =)
    Anyhow, I've been given really fast weapons for all my quests my whole dirgey life, and am gonna try out the longer delay types. I'm also gonna get a nice 1hander and shield legendary or better. Some day.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gorkk00 Guest

Well, while soloing, does SBD's better damage over PGT really make up for the loss of the great proc on PGT? (soloing, 'cause in groups it'll do at level 42 obviously ;))
  7. ARCHIVED-rshoffstall Guest

Can also kill Skellies in Stormhold and u will get credit for them. Completed that part in about 30 and it took so long did not want to ruin the Zone for Lowbes

Lucked out on the Granite found 6 in 2 hrs the other 4 was 1 full day.

that is my 2c
  8. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Gork: If the PGT makes a difference in your soloing at 50, then you aren't doing it right! =)
    No seriously I don't know. I have patterened my soloing subsequent to the PGT to not having that. Grey weapons DO decrease your combat arts damage as well, but I *think* that only matters against your mainhand, I'm not sure. You are likely to get more traction out of a shield at 50 than you are a periodic 400 point ward with no mitigation though...
    And Symph (I think) has noticed that with good CA usage, there's very little difference to spear + shield versus dual wield, but your mileage may vary.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gorkk00 Guest

Thanks for all the info Godstalk. I'm not at this level yet, was just taking info for later (maybe soon ? :)). And sorry for getting this thread a bit off topic btw ;)