Fixed Internally Best in slot items are not equippable

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Virtuosity, May 5, 2022.

1. Virtuosity Active Member

Server - Thurgadin

Character - Virtuoisty

Zone - Every zone

Frequency - Constant

Time of Occurrence - Constant

The bug - The best in slot white adorns, the ones that are obtainable from the merchant upon completion of The Merchant's Den Challenge Heroic zone in Forlorn Gist such as 'Glintswift's Coin' are only equippable in a helm slot, but they are not equippable in the best in slot helm, such as mine, the 'Exsanguinated Greathelm of the Broken Covenant'.

More about the bug - I have tried this with each of the first 3 white adorns from the challenge zone and have tried in many different zones. None are equippable in this helm, but they are equippable in other, lower helms.

The solution - My assumption is that this is because both the helm and adorns are tagged as Prestige. If this is merely a conflict because of Prestige tabs, then a simple fix would be to remove the Prestige tab from that helm and the other 365 resolve helms/hats.

Does it require a timely solution? - As more characters obtain these best in slot white adorns and helms/hats, this problem will become more far more prevalent, so yes, this clearly requires a timely solution and I encourage people to upvote this bug BEFORE the problem becomes widespread.

Thank you, and hopefully we will see this fixed soon :)

Yours optimistically,

Virt
    Riles, Jinksie, Rasheti and 51 others like this.
  2. Virtuosity Active Member

• Like (upvote)
      • Let us know which bugs are most important to you by clicking LIKE on a thread's first post (the initial bug report).
    Please remember to click like to upvote this. Thank you :)
    Snack, Riverbear, Nabu and 2 others like this.
  3. Rougez Active Member

It's telling me "you can not use [Adorn] because you already have a item equipped."
    Snack, Riverbear, Nabu and 1 other person like this.
  4. Virtuosity Active Member

Yep, clearly a bug, so upvote the original post people :)
    Snack, Riverbear and Nabu like this.
  5. Twyla Well-Known Member

I have found that with the newer adorns it is required to unequip your gear to use the adorn on it then re-equip. PIB, but it seems to work since when I do that, I never get the 'you can't use the adorn' on that item message.
    Snack and Riverbear like this.
  6. Rougez Active Member

This particular bug only occurs with the BIS helm bought for 1k Obol Obscura coins from Corpseolynne and the Challenge Mode white adornments out of Merchant Den 2. As the adornments can be equipped on other helms without issue, there is likely a conflict with the helm and adornment both being tagged "Prestige" as Virtuosity mentioned in their post.
    Riverbear and Twyla like this.
  7. Virtuosity Active Member

Yep, thats exactly what seems to be the problem, well summed up, thank you :)
    Riverbear and Twyla like this.
  8. Virtuosity Active Member

This has now been confirmed, so hopefully with a few more likes on the original post to upvote it, we will see a solution implemented soon.
    Riverbear likes this.
  9. Miragian Well-Known Member

If its confirmed it should just be a matter of fixing it and getting it "fixed internally"
    Riverbear likes this.
  10. Killeroy New Member

Same, plz fix it, its shuld be an easy one
    Riverbear likes this.
  11. Virtuosity Active Member

@Developers

Having been confirmed a couple of weeks ago; and as expected, is now affecting more and more people every day ... do we have an ETA on a fix for this yet?
    Riverbear likes this.
  12. Smitch New Member

Please fix this big.
    Riverbear likes this.
  13. Randomx New Member

Unable to use coin. Sad.
  14. Insect New Member

Is this fixed yet?
  15. Treggar Active Member

I believe this is because both items have the PRESTIGE tag.

I don't know why the helm needs it and it should just be removed. What F2P player is going to farm 2000 obols for the helm? They would do the belt first as that's BIS and cheaper and the amount of non-raid quests it requires with no double currency will keep them busy til the end of the year.

Sure they could just sub until they get the helm and then go f2p and keep wearing it, but who does that?
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

but the weapon from mayong has prestige on it and you can put blue prestige adorns on it
  17. Virtuosity Active Member

Hello Mr, Mrs and Ms Developer(s),

Do you remember way way back on 5 May (over a month ago), when I highlighted this problem and asked for it to be fixed BEFORE it began to impact a much larger number of players ... well sadly the opportunity to do that has now passed with virtually EVERY raider on EVERY live server now being impacted by this.

Please, you know the problem, and you know the simple solution, remove the prestige tag. It is not an onerous or time intensive fix and it is now impacting the majority of the player base.

Escalate this in priority and fix it please.

Thanking you kindly,

Virt

Blacks likes this.
  18. Insect New Member

Looks like this bug was ignored for another couple weeks and I generally like bugs.
  19. Kander Developer

Fixed on the 14th of June.
    Virtuosity, Twyla and Jinksie like this.
  20. Accendo Guest

Oops, Kander beat me to it.
    Virtuosity and Twyla like this.