Best healer/buffer for Duo?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-ph34rm3, Aug 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ph34rm3 Guest

Im about to reactivate my 2nd account, as I am fully hooked on EQ2 again. I'm loving my zerker, and I am going to make a character that synergizes well with my play style (meele/tank). I would like some suggestions from people, so I can hopefully waste as little time as possible leveling an alt.

thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

For a duo I'd probably go with either a Fury or Inquisitor. I don't dual box, but from what I've seen in grouping either one of those would be good since both have good buffs to boost your DPS. The Fury has faster heals while the Inquisitor will add more health on to you with buffs. You get Agitate from the Fury (Str/Agi buff with a nice offensive proc) and from the Inquisitor you get a health and +DPS buff that's pretty nice. Inquisitors also get Fanaticism (haste and casting/recovery buff that stifles the caster), which is really nice at higher level. Inquisitors tend to be a bit more power efficient, especially once they get chilling inquest. Furies can also do a little nuking on their own if you need to and can drop down ring of fire to help take mobs down faster. Furies can also spec for the animal form AA that will shape shift them into a tiger, boost their melee DPS a ton while stifling them and every hit procs power regen and deaggro.
  3. ARCHIVED-ThelvynD Guest

Any type of healer is a good healer. I worked my way up with a Mystic with my Berserker twobox. Not being damaged in a fight is a really nice thing to have and being able to slow the mob while warded made the fight that much more easier. I've also got an Inquisitor which I'm mentoring up to 70 right now and it's working out about the same differences in how the heals work.
  4. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

Dirge!! .. no! Im Serious! a walking buffbot that can add to just about every aspect of Melee. and does not actually require u to perma-mash buttons to be effective. Heal, stoneskin, melee procs, +Skills, +Parry, +DPS,+hate/agression and they do decent dps duo. and PFFTTTT .. Healers are a dime a dozen .. Dirges are Haaarrdddd to get...
    But if u really want a healer i would suggest a Fury or a Inq for the damage output and good buffs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Ahdam@Permafrost wrote:
    Actually that's an excellent point. I've duoed with my brother on his dirge a lot of times and we've been able to do some impressive stuff with just the two of us. I remember we doued Acadechism one time when he was like 63 in only about twenty minutes ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

i'd prefer druids for their teleport abilities... its really nice to be able to move around "freely"

fury might have better buffs for melee (or for any other for that matter :p) but warden isnt too shabby either... and like someone pointed out dirge would be awesome too

however, dirges dont shine until in the upper lvls (imo) and you should take that into consideration...

++Xan
  7. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

xandez wrote:
    Yeah .. i doued my zerker with a warden. Maybe he has no really buffs for the zerker, but spores and healproc from str-line is alot of free healing, and melee-speced you normally just pull the mobs to the wardens range and quickly hit 3 random keys on the second keyboard :D
    And of course .. the teleports and 45% SoW is really nice to have .. 60% with JBoots and Arasai tradition ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Odamaru Guest

For PvP I duo with a dirge and besides being a badass himself, the buffs are second to none. Healing is nice but when it comes to even fights or 2 vs 4 I'll take the dirge.
  9. ARCHIVED-ph34rm3 Guest

Man there are alot of good suggestions here. It appears that I will have to level up several alts and play around with them all, to see which im most comfortable with.
    Currently: My zerk is halfway to 16. I've been mentoring a mystic up (got my first ward last night) and I gotta say its cake. Of course I'm only in the mid-teens, so using a swashi as a healer would probably be just as effective
    My current Idea is to catch the mystic up, then play them both to the mid 20's. While not ideal, it will give me a better taste for how they compliment eachother. Depending on the results, I may mentor up another alt or 2. Dirge sounds interesting, as well as Inq. I have a mid 20's fury on my main acct, so I'm not jumping at the oppertunity to level another :/

Quick (noob) question: If I play a dirge or Inq, how do I get them over to the good side (where my zerk is) so they can complete the same quests together. Well I know theres a betrayal quest line, but is it a pain to complete?

Thanks for all the great info.

**Edit**
    - 500 Gnolls in Antonica or Blackburrow
    - Crugybar The Rock in the mines of Blackburrow
    - Dancoed of the Pine north of Blackburrow in Antonica
    - Nantglas The Cold in Blackburrow
    - Sarn the Wayfarer in Antonica (near the entrance to Thundering Steppes by the Keep of the Gnollslayers)
    - Towyn the Lazy in Antonica
    ^^ partial list of the mobs to kill to betray freeport to qeynos.....is it really worth the time and effort? Can I possibly recieve the same quests w/o betraying? If not, I will probably stick with a good character
  10. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Dirges are neutral. They can be from either city. As for betrayal, there's really no need to do that unless you're on a pvp server.