Best DPS Output AA Spec for Brigand

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Miroh, May 12, 2017.

1. Miroh Well-Known Member

I'm looking for opinions one which ways are helping fellow brigands output more damage. My original characters were monk and conjuror during RoK and when I quit there I started a Brig for PvP. So now, PvP is no longer around and I solo and wish to not be guilded. I grouped for the first time today and realized, my output is pretty low. I know I have to work on stats in general but I am asking about AA's for the moment. Share your thoughts fellow Brigands, I would greatly love to hear them.

For the record.
    Resolve: 270
    Potency: 11907
    Crit Bonus: 2210
    Ability Mod: 201592
    Fervor: 9
  2. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I haven't drilled into your AAs yet but looking over your stats - this expac you have to gear/reforge like you are a caster. Melee stats are pretty much useless.

Get AE auto to 100% for procs
    Reforge out of haste, anything more than 200% is a waste.
    DPS mod is relatively useless so 700+ there is also a waste.
    WDB is pretty much useless
    Reforge out of some of that reuse, anything over 100 is a waste
    Reforge into MA a little bit so you have the softcap of 100. I think multiattacks can trigger procs, but flurry does not. Don't quote me on that, MA might be useless too nowadays.
    Strikethrough and accuracy are helpful - I have 100% ST and around 20 accuracy self buffed and in groups my hitrate is around 100%. So many things trigger off auto or combat hits so you don't want to miss if you can help it. (almost said if you can avoid it...womp womp)

Your potency and CB will go up as you gain tithe and gear, I'd only recommend reforging out of CB if you are way over cap.

Definitely do the triumph to get the ethereal offhand if you haven't already. The proc on it does nice damage. I'd wear it over the Greenmist one, personally, especially since Greenmist is only 9 resolve.

Get Relentless Conviction for one of your empty war rune slots for the increased trigger chance, helps procs. Bolstered Attributes is also a nice one.

You are welcome to look at my AA spec if you want, I don't know how I stack up compared to other brigs out there since I only group with guildmates (and I'm the only brig), but I parse pretty solid imo - in my raid group I'm on par with the assassin and only the BL consistently beats me. Any top raiding brigs out there are also welcome to look and give tips if they see anything funky :)

(Side note - my reuse is low because my temp adorns expired before I logged, since I don't usually bother with them for soloing. Also I am levelling a new ascension and am only level 2 in it, so my potency is lower than usual.)
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

First thing first. Maximize AA in debuffs and HP. That's your job in PVE and debuffs are pretty big this xpac. Once that is done go down the rights side of prestige for the Pot to CB conversion. I LOVE the left side myself, but I get more DPS from the conversion of the right side so I am stuck with it on my brig for now as it caps me at 4190 (epic & Familiar).

Once that is done, the rest (In all honesty of playing a brig off an on for 10 years) goes were you think you need it. CB AA acts like CB but doesn't figure into the CB itself. I don't ever parse in the top 5 usually, but i can increase everyone else parse by a good chunk. But I also am not on my brig to parse, I play him to debuff 1st parse 2nd. That MAY not be the way now days but I am an old school brig and that's just how i play him.
  4. Miroh Well-Known Member

I'm trying to follow Charbryn, but some of what you said registered and some did not. The game has become much more complicated than when i played that its a bit saddening. I will look into it though.

And thank you Vunder, I will look into going that route first and see what happens.
  5. Fairin Active Member

you don't want simple, please don't wish for simple.. everyone will be the same then. and we'll have another wow / gw2 clone where everyone has 5 buttons and the rotations are 123 and 2 temps. and everyone will get to pick 4 of 5 aa's . and 1 will be useless.

while i will agree with Vunder your job is debuff, just as mine is buff. However i will say that you should try to top the dps chart and pull your weight more than just debuff.
    Zelox likes this.
  6. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I look at it this way - ascension spells aside, every one of my combat arts debuffs the mob. There is no reason to not maximize your dps while debuffing, since it all happens at the same time. :) There is no separation of debuffing versus dps for brigand. If you're not debuffing you are just standing there...if you're not dpsing you're not debuffing. Etc. etc. That said I don't sweat the parse in heroic groups with my guild because anyone can do umpty-billion dps in a 30 second fight. I have ACT up just to have the audible trigger for the fervor procs and various fight triggers mainly.

There are some AAs for brigand that are pretty much required though that you are missing. One is Cornered, the end line in the Brigand tree. It's an AOE dispatch. The other is Change of Engagement, last line in the heroic tree. That's one of our most important max hitpoint debuffs. Sunder is another heroic one that is widely used, since it does a good bit of damage. You can have both. :)
  7. Uncle Active Member

first and for most your resolve looks good for your stats but your overall cb/pot are low.. i haven't looked yet but i am gonna assume your epic 2.0 not done yet once it done your pot will go up alot. Ill ake a look at your aa/prestige set up in afew your on skyfire correct. you can look at my stats if you like to get a feel for how im speccing stas wise my aa's are purely for raids so there may be some various to what you might want there.

http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU101;...010330@3330011t13!0@350500505010@455150500511

the link to aa specc that will help you out ten fold to that one your using there will be 22 aa's you can still use put them where ever you like.
  8. Miroh Well-Known Member

I never saw that. This is how clueless i was lol. And thank you Uncle, I will certainly start paying better attention to these and hopefully get a better understanding of the new main.