Best AA combo?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-goawaynow, Mar 2, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Benaire Guest

Has anyone tried just going for the offensive skills I was thinking

agl 4 4 8
    int 4 4 8
    wis 4 4 8

with a big 2 handed sword you can gain haste with the CA have +20% double attack and dps, 40% chance to AE with your auto attack.

this is obviously not a tanking build but a fun build for ae dps as each hit from your ae auto attack can proc aes from off stance, rampage etc.

To me this build sounds like alot of fun to play with and really follows the fantasy berserker with extreme hurt given to lots of people.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zervun Guest

You have posted to at least a half dozen threads complaining -

Stamina line is NOT broken, just the last step - you are giving missinformation to the masses as most of your threads are "Don't take sta line it is broken!" - which helps nothing

The best way to get things fixed is not on the forums but /bug in game - I know I have done this on this specific thing - so your sad face is a load of BS, posting on the forums is way less effective than /bug in game

The STA line has alot of bonus not including the last skill, double attack for aggro as well as buckler reversal, defense of a tower (with flapping wing or greater) and 360 degree protection
    Message Edited by Zervun on 05-24-2006 08:47 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Hohum Guest

I've gone Str and still not sure what to put in the second line yet, although Anoein's suggestion is the most appealing so far.

I find the increase in Criticals does wonders for dps in itself and the increase in hate is invaluable.

The main problem with choosing what go with I found more than anything was the limitation in what you need to arm yourself with.

Decent Bucklers are few and far between, I have never really used spears or hammers, and have always gone for Swords and Axes hence Str being my first choice.

Does anyone know of any decent hammers single handed or Duel Wield? T7?

Hohum Mashed
    [Inbreed]
    Splitpaw
  4. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

Do you even read the spell description?

The last ability in STA line is not broken, i had it and it works. Please just read carefuly.

IT says it will ad 10% of the power consumed to your HP...but also makes you consume 10% less power. Most abilities we have are what, 100 power?

Now do the math...you have Frenzied Blows, 107 power..the spell makes you use 10% less, thats 90 power..then the same spell gives you 10% of your power to HP, meaning....9 HP..weeeeeee...you just got yourself a 9 HP heal.

And that heal doesnt show above your head, it just adds to your bar...do some testing, you will see it is working.
  5. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

" Has anyone tried just going for the offensive skills I was thinking

agl 4 4 8
    int 4 4 8
    wis 4 4 8"

Don't really need the int line for haste. realistically most zerkers would be at 100% haste without any other ppl buffing haste(monk/illus for ex). haste equip+berserk+openwounds=100% haste for 1/3 of an hour. and the rest of the time your at 50%+ haste. And if they do put you in a dps group with a monk or someone that buffs haste, then you'll be at 100% the whole time.

I personally wouldn't go for any aa's that buff haste or DPS. Thats just me tho, but i know when i'm either offtank/MA or dps i get put into groups where my Haste/DPS is near or at 100%. It's not even that hard if you think about it, have a bruiser+monk+zerker and the whole group would be at 75% haste/dps or more depending on equip. Add in 1 healer and 2 scouts and thats your big dps group, substitute the bruiser or dirge, that does +dps and melee procs too, same thing really.

If it was an AOE dps build, i'd do
    AGI 4/8/8
    STR 4/8/8

and 9 points left over? i might just go int, to get haste... int 4/5
    or maybe sta 4/4/1 but that'd be a big waste...
    Message Edited by Epyx on 05-26-2006 04:00 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-hahn_bard Guest

Here's what I was thinking, since I've since started dabbling in the Berserker class...
    Str - 4/8/8/4/1
    Agi - 4/5/8
    This would be a purely dps role. I duo a lot with my fury, and this would compliment the druids abysmal AA line-up. I've also perfected staying low-health so that Executioner's Fury would be up a lot, and helping to crank out dps.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that somewhere along the line, 8 points in Gladiator's Finesse might actually do more for my DPS than the extra crit. That said, if I go STA, I'm almost locked into taking 8 Gladiator's Finesse and 8 Gladiator's Revenge, just to ensure I'm getting the most out of my DPS and not losing TOO much for taking buckler's over tower shields. I remember reading somewhere that Tower shields have a 15% chance to block, whereas bucklers have a 5% chance to block. If that's true, then you'd be crazy NOT to take 8/8 Gladiator's Revenge... especially if your buckler has over... 490 protection (I think that was it!).
    The only thing I don't like is having to feel "forced" to take certain AA's.
    Is the +double attack really worth it? Do other abilities work off of the double attack (such as Dragoon's Cyclone)?
    So I guess that leads me to my next build:
    Str 4/4/8
    Agi 4/4/8
    Sta 4/4/8
    This gives 22.4% to crit, 40% to ae auto-attack, and 76% chance to double attack (I hope that number is right).
    Which seems more viable for long-term sustained dps?
  7. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

Dragoon's Cyclone is 24% chance to AE auto-attacks at 8 points, not 40%. Double Attacks can trigger Dragoon's Cyclone, but will not trigger berserk, or other proc effects from my general testing. Double-Attack will also spread with Open Wounds. From what I can tell Double-Attacks will only trigger abilities that are 100% chance proc rates, or which determine procs before a hit is determined. (IE Cyclone will hit other targets, even if you miss your own, because the hits occur in parallel.) I sustain DPS in parties between 350 (when my accuracy is bad and there are few mobs) to 700 (4ish mobs and my accuracy is good.) Single target I sustain 325-375 dps through auto-attack alone at 100% accuracy. My DPS record is about 2800 DPS over a 10 second fight with Open Wounds and Destruction. With Open Wounds I can sustain 1200-1500 dps (4 targets, 36 seconds.) This is with a Bixie Blade, until I get a Dazzling Blade (PVP reward.)
    Traditional bucklers (before you teach T7) tend to have about 1/3rd of the block chance of typical tower or kite shields. So your 15% to 5% comparison is fairly true. However in T7 there exist bucklers such as the Shield of the Flapping Wing, which grant 990 protection, and you will actually surpass the block chance of a tower shield such as Grizzfazzle's Tower Shield when using Gladiator's Revenge. My block chance goes down with Grizzfazzle's, nevermind the 4.5% riposte rate extra I get with the buckler. A tower shield would need at least 630 more protection (4.5*70 (for block) + 4.5*70 (for riposte)) over the shield of the flapping wing in order to equal it with Gladiator's Revenge, IE it would need 1620 protection. Just remember you pay points for Gladiator's Revenge, meaning to reach equal footing with a tower you are paying. If you spent those points in other defensive traits you may find yourself doing better defensively, but then again, you won't be as offensively potent either.
    If you are looking for a more in depth analysis of our Achievement system, I suggest glancing over the FAQ that is linked in my sig. Particularly for a DPS overview, and for correct (to my knowledge) values for abilities like Dragoon's Cyclone.
    Oh, and the best AA combo is the one that fits your playstyle best, and gives you the most enjoyment. :smileyvery-happy: For example I find Cyclone to be almost necessary because it enables me to keep hate off of a WIS-line Swashie with Hurricane and a M2 AOE, and lets us both do a ton of DPS to group mobs. Cyclone would probably be useless to most raiders on the flipside for comparison, as they will likely have open wounds up when the situation demands lots of AOE.