Best AA combo?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-goawaynow, Mar 2, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"But the last choice in AGI says you will avoid 100% of all incoming attacks. Doesn't just specify melee."

It says that you will *parry* all incoming attacks. I've never heard of anyone parrying a nuke. It might be worth it if it actually prevented you from taking any form of damage but I have a feeling that us unfortunately not the case. And what's the retimer on it? 10 minutes?
  2. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

i've re-thunk(sp?) my aa choices and i'm going with

bind wound 1

wis 4/4/8/8/8

int 4/4/8
    (1 point left over we'll see if i dump it in sta or pump up one of the wis/int abilities)

originally i thought i'd just go Full MT route. Then i read all these posts on lvl 70 def/parry cap. And figured oh well if there is one, You can easily get +def items in KoS(i have about +20def items and i didn't even try, maybe more who knows, i do have a few more things that i need lvl to wear)

Then i was wondering about parry cap, a dirge could buff parry over cap as i was told, but then when do i ever group with a dirge, really on raids, and at best it'll be situational if i do or do not MT the raid.

so would those 8 point i originally put into parry be worth it in other areas?

i was thinking about just maxxing out the wis line, then i remembered belly smash doesn't work on epic mobs, boo.

however, if i spend a few point going into the int line, i can get acceleration strike(i prefer to use sword anyway, and have less a shield, since i use shield bash+ belly smash combo, slaughter recasts 1min?) and max out the 3rd tier, double attack.

in this way i really hope to have nearly all "passive" abilities, about the only time i'll not be using an active AA, is when i have to choose between belly smash and acceleration strike. But then(since i prefer 2handers) i can just make a quick swap, 2hander slash, 2hander blunt, and have, swap to 2hander blunt->slaughter->belly smash->swap to 2hander slash ca's accleration strike, and repeat.

this way i'll have near max aa available to max dps(without the need or use of going sta line with one hander and shield, all the aa+damage/haste/doubleattack is for any wield style no limitations) [forgo going str, since crits are near worthless, and with all the added dps, i'll not need %hate modifier]

about the only thing i'm worried about is not having the +parry modifiers. (as i said b4 armor in kos, has MANY options to +def, even crappy TS armor has +def)
  3. ARCHIVED-PlasticLSD Guest

So I assume you can confirm reforming stone lets you redo AA setup? I have yet to see this confirmed anywhere.
    I've only spent 4 points in STR and saved my others because I assumed the 25% crit chance would be good for pvp even at 70 as opposed to raiding, but now I'm not so sure. I only know that I am mostly likely going to max the wis line.
    Message Edited by PlasticLSD on 03-14-200601:18 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Wolfmon Guest

The reforming stone does not let you redo your AA's. But you can pay to have them redone. Below is a list I copy/pasted from a dev post.

City: Qeynos
    NPC: Wynia Vethe <Achievement Counsel>
    City: Freeport
    NPC: Nexa L'Dur <Achievement Counsel>
    The cost to respec your achievements is initially fairly low, but increases in price the more times you respec. The cost caps out at 13p after you've respec'd your achievements 6 times.
    • First Respec: 1s
    • Second Respec: 13s
    • Third Respec: 1g 30s
    • Fourth Respec: 13g
    • Fifth Respec: 1p 30g
    • Sixth Respec (and thereafter): 13 p
    Note that this respec will completely reset all of your achievement choices rather than untrain a single rank or ability.

Message Edited by Wolfmon on 03-14-200603:21 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Nitz Guest

OK. I must concede I am wrong on "avoidance always trumps mitigation." I must have been drunk when I wrote that!

Still going AGI line to start since I don't raid tank. :smileyvery-happy:
  6. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

Yes, reuse is 10 mins. And it will only parry combat arts , so any magic will go through.

The spell is bugged atm, or the description is not accurate.

It says you cannont do any combat arts while using it, but you get completly stunned, you dont even autoatack while using it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

I'd also like to note, that haste has 100% cap so i didn't want to bother with any aa's that had +haste.
  8. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

Ya, me either, but as someone pointed out in this thread, or the other one, there is a small gain from being over 100%.
    That is, say, when you're at 132%, and then you put up your defensive buffs, that slow you down, you may still be able to get the entire 100%, where as if you were at 100% originally, then subtracted the penalties with the defensive buffs, you'd no longer be at 100%. Very small advantage, I know, but thought I'd share the info, if you didn't see it.
    I'm also only putting the most of my points into areas that I can fully use, all the time. For example, I'm putting 8 points into the ones that offer +mitigation and +defense. The mitigation is only rarely maxed out, if at all, when certain certain classes are grouped with you and provide short duration buffs. Not sure if there's a max on defense or not. If anyone knows, please respond! The belly smash is also a very nice ability. I have about 9 points I don't know what to do with yet, maybe I'll max it out. It seems to knock back better than any of my other knock back abilities. I know they all say they don't work on epic's, but when fighting heroic named ^^^, they often don't get knocked back / interupted / stunned with my other CA's (probably resisted?), but the belly smash almost always works. Getting an ability to do decent damage (in comparison to the other berserker CA's), along with another knock back, and really nice de-buff is great. It offers about the same de-buff as a stamina (ruin?) hex doll, but can be used very quickly. I like to use it soon after aggro, and as often as possible, keeping them de-buffed throughout the fight. For the tough ones, I'll pull with the hex doll too. Then after belly smashed, they've lost a total of about 2000 mitigation I think.
    Message Edited by FightGame on 03-15-200601:40 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

guardian forums say 420cap for parry and defense(lvl 70 zerker)
  10. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

one thing I don't understand is why, in game the numbers are like 300+, but when you view your character on eq2players.com it has a number like 45.
  11. ARCHIVED-Laereneth Guest

As for the difference in def from the Agi line and parry from the Int line, I was swapping items back and forth and performing the math. This is what I found out...
    1 point of defense = +.28 avoidance to base
    1 point of parry = +.30 avoidance to parry
    1 point of agility = +.04 avoidance to base
    When I refer to base and parry, hover over your avoidance and you'll see a breakdown of the components of your avoidance.
    Just thought I'd share what I discovered.
    Bjoern
  12. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

once again i'm questioning whether or not getting the last rank in wis(no penalties on stances) is a worthwhile investment for 8aa's.
    For me i'd only use this with unbridled fury(offensive stance) i only really tank in offensive(and MT epics with courageous will) If i can offset the offensive penalties with +def equip and/or put points into other aa's that either give +parry/ + def then, that might be the way to go, i'll have to see the numbers more when i examine stuff more carefully, but imo atm i do not think last rank of wis would be the way to go.(actually i think the last rank in most lines are not so great, except maybe for very situational tsunami, and the one that reduces spell casting timers)
  13. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

I agree. I was going to finish the wisdom line, when I was thinking about going all out dps, but I have since changed my mind. The last step in wisdom, won't really help defense, it will just give you more offense when in the defensive stance (which is where I'm at 90%f the time). It will help defense a little, if you are in offensive stance, but really no reason why a tank should be in offensive stance, most of the time. Instead, I choose 8 points in +mitigation, 8 points in +defense. Not sure on the remaining 9 points.
    From a tanking perspective, there's more to gain with mitigation and defense than what can be gained doing all the offensive things combined.
    If I soloed or even grouped more it would be ok, but I'm one of 2 of our guilds raid tanks.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mordicus Guest

Final STA ability is broken !!! Can anyone who has this (Perseverance) pls post ?

Its not addding any HP, when engaged or otherwise. Ive tested it, even respeced it. Hell this is like the 6th post ive made on these forums and people just look at me with thier thumbs up thier butts!

Mordicus 70 Zerker
    Strike
  15. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Ok as a Zerker im going with an all dps AA line here. I can take hits VERY well while tanking, only thing that makes it hard to tank is the agro. So more dps = better agro and better secondary tanking dps.

My line is ganna be the following (well prob as i change my mind alot lol)

Str - 4/4/8 = +22.4% Crit chance increase (oh baby, also works on both CA and auto attack, unlike haste and dps mods)
    Wis - 4/4/8 = +19.2% dps (nuff said, great oop damage, like the kind i need on raids)
    Int - 4/1 = +22% haste when i use swords (im always useing swords and the 22% haste with others buffs and items means 100% haste pretty much all the time without going overbaord with wasted haste, thats why only 1 pt in there)

That leaves me 12pts to play with. I'll have the max dps and crit chance i can get with the AA line and the haste i have in most grps will be maxed. and i will still have 12 pts to play with, not too bad.

Now i have few ways to go from here and tell u the truth not sure where im ganna go next.

Could go with Dragoon's Cyclone (maxed 24% chance to hit up to 4 mobs in front of me), but this one is limited. I used to have it but i always had to take it off cause of agro issues, or chanter mezzes. Was really anoying.

I could go Executioner's Anger (maxed 10% added to haste for the much needed agro management i need when tanking for grps, but i dont think my guild would like that on raids with me getting agro, kinda stupid its pasive it should be a toggleable buff)

I think the way im ganna go is all the way down the Wis line. Unshakeable (maxed give 4.4% or so mitigation) and Stance mastery (takes away penalties for my stances) IMHO is the ONLY 8pt AA on the whole AA line even close to worth 8pts.

Skullz Kage 70 Zerker
    Blackburrow
  16. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

I am really surprised to see so few going the Sta line. Shield of the flapping wing (buckler) is a fairly common drop with nearly the same avoidance as the grizfazzle tower shield. The Sta line third passive skill when maxed allows you to double attack 76% of the time. WIth barzaks (sp) cleaver I am doing much better 1hnd dps than I could ever hope to do with a 2hndr or duals - essentially converts my 67 dmg 1 hndr to a 117 dmg rating 1hndr with no drop in avoidance. When you combine that with the Wiz line that gives you +30% or so DPS, +311 mitigation and negates your stance penalties - well lets just say your place in the parser might just jump several levels.
    My current set up is 1,
    Sta 4, 4, 8(+76% double attack)
    Wis 4, 4, 8(+30% DPS), 4(+156 mit), 8(penalty free offensive stance)
    The last 5 points I am undecided about although the extra mitigation from the wiz line 4th skill would be nice. SInce I am already going DPS - might just put it on Str - or the extra Sta might be nice.
    WIth this set up I frequently parse 1,300 DPS or better. I have hit a personal high of 4,200 DPS on trash mobs in HoF. (of course our guild warlock hit 44,000 DPS the same fight so it kind of stole my thunder!).
    If you want DPS baby you will be hard pressed to find a better combo!
    Just my 2cp
  17. ARCHIVED-Zervun Guest

People are ancy to use the stamina line -

For me it's my bread in butter - I do more dps in stamina line than anything else do to double attack - however the payoff doesn't come until lvl 62 with shield of the flapping wing as you take a serious hit on defensiveniss with no bucklers inbetween sbs and that

I am either going to finish off with sta/wis or sta/str depending on how close I get to cap on mitigation (for wis line)

best thing about stamina line - you can pair it with any other line and use EVERYTHING in the lines ie buckler + sword, buckler + hammer etc etc

and for pvp server it is almost a must have due to

A. double attack for bow
    B. shield
    C. buckler reversal
    D. 360 protection add
    Message Edited by Zervun on 05-19-2006 02:30 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

I guess i just dont like the idea of dpsing with a 1h. Feels wrong to me should be 2h or DW, i mean when i get my WS and/or my Claymore im ganna say oh i cant use them cause i need to go 1h for better dps? nah not for me, becides if it really does work the way u say, oh and btw ur shield have over 200 less protection, then it sounds over powered and will prob be nerfed. As a matter of fact i have read peps on forums talking about a nerf, but then again who knows.
    Message Edited by Kage848 on 05-20-2006 09:09 AM
  19. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

That depends on what you do most.
    I think we can all agree that if you do nothing but tank 100% of the time, STA / WIS line would be your best bet, IF you can get a decent Buckler.
    I can speak from personal experience here and say that STR / WIS is the best line if you want to play a very offensive role wether it be tanking / dpsing or just pure DPS.
    The AGI line, well its ok i guess, but we already get Open Wounds, Rampage and the 12 second immunity leaves you stunned for the entire duration, not good, so i dont really see the AGI line being of any real value to us as Berserkers, maybe to a Guardian who wanted to step up there Solo / Group utility a bit DPS wise, but not much else.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mordicus Guest

Listen im a raid tank and could care less about DPS in small groups(though i will use the buckler sometimes). The only reason i chose STA was for the final ability which is supposed to add more HP and make ALL CAs consume less mana, but its broken, i guess we dont have any tanking zerkers out there who actually care to get this fixed. Sad. :smileysad:

Mordicus 70 Zerker
    Butcherblock - Strike