BERSERKERS! List Your Bugged or Broken Spells Here. Send Feedback! Updated 2/2/05

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-ZOAR007, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Immohtep Guest

Just wanted to affirm that Rescue is a heaping pile of waste. Someone else posted about this not working and it still dosen't. For the insane amount of recast time involved, i should be able to hit it and get a mob off my healer or caster INSTANTLY. This however, almost NEVER happens.

I'm going to add here that our taunts may need a look because since the patch that "re-worked" our berserk state. I have had to mash my taunt skills repeatedly in alot of groups. Not because they aren't assisting and catching agro, but simply stealing it away from me. If i use Enrage (adept1 cause i haven't any skills higher atm) and my group is assisting as they should. I shouldn't have to repeatedly taunt a mob off a scout or healer class. I can see once in a few fights. But i have had it happen every other fight. And this was after i intially pulled the mob or group of mobs with Anger or Enrage.

The other thing i'd like to see changed or looked at is our HP buff duration and stacking. I have 2 HP buffs that "can" stack. One is Screaming Fury, and the other a pick from our class traits when that was finally corrected. Now each buff lasts 3 minutes with a 1 minute recast. Being the way pulling and tanking are the norm for eq2. It's a COMPLETE PITA to keep these 2 buffs going while trying to pull and tank and make sure im keeping the mobs off my groupmates. All the while trying to keep other buffs like Greater fury from fading cause the timer is now borked like Fury was/still is. At level 38, the 2 HP buffs combine to make it possible for me to solo Yellow con mobs, with an occasional weak orange mob. That's how it should be. If i'm concentrating all my focus and effort and timing my buffs. I SHOULD be able to take a mob down 2-3 levels above me.

My suggestion to Sony is to make the freaking buffs last like they do in EQ1, or take them away and leave us with self buffs and make the buffing classes spells last as long and as powerful as they are there. Some may consider this asking for a nerf, but in the long run, you'd all thank me for not having to keep casting this stuff and just enjoying the power of beating the living crap out of mobs like we're supposed to do.I'd even consider a 10-15 minute timer on HP buffs (or all Berserker buffs for that matter). I refer to EQ1 becasue that's where i came from. Buffs there can last up to 2-3 hours. They dont have to in EQ2, but 3 minutes? C'mon Sony, you gotta do better than that.

Teulk-38 Berserker Crushbone server.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mechbeth Guest

Weaponshield is bugged on my toon. When I recieved the skill, apprentice 1 worked just fine. not to far after that I bought an app4 for that figuring it was a great skill to have. Well after scribing App4 Weaponshield, the skill no longer engages. I get no icon at all.

The skill casts like its going to work, then no icon, no Concentration, no nothing. The response I got from 2 CS tickets was sorry cant help, submit a bug report. heh Big Help.

What Im wondering is if any other folks have had this problem and if an Adpt 1 will fix it. I almost bought one tonight, but I am afraid to blow the 5 gold on the book and have the same problem crop up.

Any ideas?
  3. ARCHIVED-AstroCat Guest

There are so many Berserker skills that don't work it's really a drag... I wonder if any of these will ever be fixed?

I really hope so!
  4. ARCHIVED-Thundrox Guest

Tides of War ad3 needs some help. Ad1 was 50 % haste....ad3 is 50 % haste. At least those are the figures I get using /show_window mainHUD.Character command.

Btw, great job maintaining this thread.

On a side note...when you edit your message, can you delete all the other times you have edited the original post? Will make for a neater looking post :smileywink:
  5. ARCHIVED-Nirenad Guest

"Screaming Fury Upgraded from app1 to app4. It did not add any more hit points to me, but I havent been able to find out if it does affect haste rate. Any experience with these two skills?"

There is a slight increase in the haste component from app1 - app4. I'd imagine that upgrading the quality of the spell upgrades the "scaling" of the spell. i.e. at app1 it stops getting better hp wise at level xx, but at app4 it stops getting better at level xx + y

*shrug*

just my observations, I don't think this one is broken.
  6. ARCHIVED-Erick_Stormfury Guest

Furious Rush does not seem to drain power as it is supposed too.

-Erick
  7. ARCHIVED-Thundrox Guest

At level 48 you do not automatically get a new skill. Instead, being from Freeport, I had to go to the trainer in North Freeport to buy it. The scroll is named Fury, but scribes as Enrage...the replacement for Rage. When I had an alchemist try to make me the app4 version of this, it came out as the level 22 or whatever it was version of Fury. Sony needs to do someserious work and start fixing our skills, because this is BS.
    Message Edited by Thundrox on 02-13-2005 11:57 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-KagnarLOH Guest

Note on this.... up on test now is that buff times for us are going to be doubled to 6 minutes....I know its not as good as we would like but its better than 3 mins.
  9. ARCHIVED-Thinman Guest

I don't think Infuriation does anything.
  10. ARCHIVED-Svanny Guest

currently on test are some more fixes. weaponshield now uses 1 conc, yay!, but it has the same problem refreshing if you dont have a conc slot open, saying you dont have enough. weaponshield also doesnt get a duration boost. stunning barrage is now stunning as far as i can tell, and the damage is actually an increase from normal BB. and i think bloodlust is now showing up on the maintained spells window, i cant really remember, ill double check tomorrow.

woot for the devs
    Message Edited by Svanny on 02-15-2005 06:30 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

Coup de Grace appears to functioning now, it now shows a brief buff timer but its difficult to validate whether it actually has the implied effects upon mob death because of it nature (% chance).
    Message Edited by CherobylJoe on 02-21-2005 08:52 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Chogar Guest

Darkmoore's Protective Advance (one of the level 40 Berserker skills you can choose). Darkmoore's is supposed to be an improvment from Weapon Shield as well as add mitigation.

Darkmoore's Protective Advance (Adept 2)
    • 3 Concentration
    • 3 minute duration
    • Increases AC of caster vs all physical damage by 97-136
    Weapon Shield (Adept 1)
    • 1 Concentration
    • 3 minute durationn (all self buffs supposed to be 15 minutes now?)
    • Increase Parry of caster by 10

Looks like Darkmoore's needs to have the parry benefit added as well as the concentration lowered. At this time, the upgrade to Weapon Shield is useless in comparison to the original skill.
  13. ARCHIVED-Eukatae Guest

Rampage: better, now hits all mobs in the area of effect but it still breaks really fast most of the time, 2-3 seconds. no longer drains mana, or maybe I just can't tell since it breaks so fast ( I thought the mana drain was a great draw back to this skill)

Wallop: only hits one target

Slaughter: cast time in it makes it a dps reducer even when it hits max # of mobs. Reduction on cast time would really help, removing the 5 target restriction would be even better.

War chant: adept 3 gives less str than app 3 11 str for app 3 10 for adept 3

Promise of violence: claims a str buff but doesnt give one.

Fearsome shout: claims a chance to cause fear yet does not.

Unbridled fury: given the frequency with which the counter attack is parried and the frequency of it '"procing" the casting time/cost makes it inequitable.

anarchy: great skill but since it is usually cast in combat I would love to see the cast time shortened.

Raging blows: vanquish stun seems longer by a second; and vanquish does 10x more dmg, for a highter lv skill it should be better than vanquish not worse.

Coupe de gras: seems to work now, I went berserk in testing, but it is very hard to use, timing is a bugger with it's very short duration and low damage.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dalensbane16 Guest

Once Weapon Shield effect expires, the recast timer on the combat art restarts for some reason.

Concussion and Furious Rush timers are linked for some silly reason.
  15. ARCHIVED-Davish_Darkwolf Guest

Rescue: 1800 secs re-use timer.....

What a joke!
  16. ARCHIVED-Laereneth Guest

Raging Strike. When examining it, the upper description states...lowers damage while granting a slight chance to beserk. The lower description states...increase hate while granting a slight chance to beserk. Does anyone know what it truely does or which description is correct? I've been trying to test it and it doesn't seem to do much of anything noticable.

Laer
  17. ARCHIVED-Erick_Stormfury Guest

that is correct. furious rush is the replacement to concussion... both drain power from the target along with doing a small physical hit.

-Erick
  18. ARCHIVED-Erick_Stormfury Guest

Raging strike is working now, its still basically useless if your a main tank, but its very effective if your an off tank. most of our abilities require us to be getting hit in order to go into rage. however, raging strike, when you use it, slows down your swings for a short period of time (hence the lower damage) but you'll see the raging strike icon flash on your buff bar, while this icon is flashing you have a chance to go beserk. when you go beserk, the icon disappears and you gain the "rage" icon while your in rage.

-Erick
  19. ARCHIVED-Eukatae Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Wolfmon Guest

While this ability is now working (causes you to go berserk), there has been a taunt added to it. I can't confirm that it was not always there but in the spell description in now states, causes x amount of hate to the caster.

I used to use this all the time and never had a problem with in but in the last few days I have noticed that if I am offtanking I will pull agro if this is used early in a fight.

Still viable means of gaining berserk but be careful when and how often you use it.