BERSERKERS! List Your Bugged or Broken Spells Here. Send Feedback! Updated 2/2/05

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-ZOAR007, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Your right, he plays a monk. Im not sure if he does now, but he did when i was playing my monk, but lets not fall of the subject of the OP here, many of our skills are " borked " and its probally why we dont tank as good as a Guard and why we are only getting 10% more dps when a guard cant tank 30% better, no one knows yet till they post a fix on what the problems are, but be careful, our Adept 1 - 3 may be working as intended and App 1 - 4 could be over powered.
    The idea of more nerfing to a class that has already recieved 3 " adjustments " from day one already is what sickens me.
    Taemek Frozenberg 35th Berserker
    16th Outfitter
    Co-Leader of Justice Bringers
    Everfrost Server

Aonein Amillion 26th Monk ( retired )
    18th outfitter
    Everfrost Server

Enlightened Aonein Amillion ( retired )
    70th Stone Fist of The Celestial Fist
    Five Rings on Luclin Server

"We are the two halves of the Flowing Circle, the light and the dark. If either grows too weak or too strong, the circle collapses on itself. Here, I will draw a Flowing Circle in the sand for you. Meditate upon the dual nature of our order and ourselves as you practice Kitten Swims Upstream. Perhaps, if you learn something from your meditations, Brother Tenshin will teach the kitten to become a tiger."
    Message Edited by -Aonein- on 01-27-2005 07:16 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Trumluk Guest

Earlier I posted that vicious strike wasn't lasting through the entire counter. I have verified that not only isn't vicious strike counting down completely but any of our DOT strikes like concussion, vicious strike, Strong Bear's Deep Wound, Wound do not seem to last thier entire countdown. To do this test I would attack a mob and use 1 hit at a time. I'd leave the pointer over the icon so I could observe the countdown. Each time when the counter reached 3.0 seconds they would dissapear. Have /feddback'd and /bug'd but thought we should update the skills to all.

I would love to parse this but the parser doesn't seem to track DOT's starting and stopping. Also no timestamp so this issue is hard to prove without doing it. Also important that you do this on green or better mobs.
    Message Edited by JokitoRoyo on 01-27-2005 07:54 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

Dude lets focus this thread on whats broken and not turn into a diatriabe on class balance. Also attacking devs isnt going to make them want to read this thread.
  4. ARCHIVED-ZOAR007 Guest

made a few changes to the 1st page, check it out
  5. ARCHIVED-LauraG Guest

Dont know if this was mentioned :

RAMPAGE: lv 50 skill

As it is, it does damage 8 times to 5 mobs, around 170 damage a hit with adept 3. Nothing too bad about this so far, until you look at the timer

1 hour ??????????????????????? A lv 50 skill, one of the few areas we get on a 1 hour timer???

This skill does like this : 5 mbs x 8 hits x 170 damage = 6800 damage every hour.

Take any other damage skill, the average damage per hour is 65000+

I would like to see ramapage on a 5 mins timer.
  6. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Yeah 1 hour is a bit extreme, i been talking to a few Berserker on Everfrost about that, 5 mins is still a bit much, 40 - 60 seconds seem to be where alot of people feel it should be, and seeing it only does 170 dmg at adept 3, its not a huge increase in DPS, but a decent fix thats for sure.
    16th Outfitter
    Everfrost Server

18th outfitter
    Everfrost Server

"We are the two halves of the Flowing Circle, the light and the dark. If either grows too weak or too strong, the circle collapses on itself. Here, I will draw a Flowing Circle in the sand for you. Meditate upon the dual nature of our order and ourselves as you practice Kitten Swims Upstream. Perhaps, if you learn something from your meditations, Brother Tenshin will teach the kitten to become a tiger."
  7. ARCHIVED-Davish_Darkwolf Guest

"We have no place now in a group. If you want a tank grab a Guardian or a Monk, if you want a tank to laugh at and throw insults at how crap you are, choose Berserker."

LOL go and play a guardian or monk, you have no idea of what a Zerker is, sorry.
  8. ARCHIVED-Erick_Stormfury Guest

good idea zoar, you need to move some of the original skills to the improvement catagory....
    heres my take on the skills we have so far:

-Erick
  9. ARCHIVED-ZOAR007 Guest

Nice info guys. appreciate the help
  10. ARCHIVED-Notorious_GIB Guest

[FaarNerfed!], this is depressing. I just started my class change night before last then stumbled across this thread. Beserker seemed more my style, but if the class is this broke I'm wondering if it's too late to go back to the trainer & switch to a Guardian. I haven't finished the class quest yet & I'm only level 19. I hope these issues get fixed.
  11. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

ZOAR007, i went and asked a Alcy the other day if they could make me Reckless Counter and Greater Fury App IV, now when she was making Reckless Counter, the app IV version accually turned out as Greater Fury IV, and she didnt have no Greater Fury in her spell books ( lvl 40 Alcy ), so im just wondering if you can put in there something about Reckless Counter and Greater Fury, what is there purpose, and why does a Reckless Counter app IV come out as a Greater Fury app IV. I have no clue if we are suppose to get Reckless Counter and Greater Fury, but that certainly needs to be looked into.

16th Outfitter
    Everfrost Server

18th outfitter
    Everfrost Server

12. ARCHIVED-Jherad Guest

One note on Balok's Challenge (training upgrade to Anger) -

We know that this ability is now broken in that it no longer procs berserk - It did originally when it first went in, so a subsequent patch broke this it seems - However I am also having doubts about its taunting ability.

I was hunting in Nek Castle last night (Finally got the Fishbone earring - yay me :p ) and noticed that I kept losing aggro to a Lvl 35 Ranger (I was lvl 33 at the time) whilst fighting single ^^ mobs. I'm not -completely- lazy in the taunt department, so tried spamming BC whenever it was up, however this made no difference at all...

On a hunch, I then replaced BC with my old 'Anger' hotkey, and tried again - my aggro problems completely vanished. 1 Anger at the start, another 1 half way through and I was golden - no worries. I'm beginning to think that the taunt component of BC is completely fubard, or at least substantially less effective than Adept 1 Anger.

Anyone else done testing on this?

-Jherad
    Lvl 34 Berserker
  13. ARCHIVED-ZOAR007 Guest

updated. New additions to the original page will go under the appropriate catagory, but will be in yellow lettering so what I added can be easily identified.
  14. ARCHIVED-Erick_Stormfury Guest

Thanks for the continued updates Zoar. keep up the good work.

and yes, playing with BC, after you posted here, I went and experimented, and yes, it seems the taunt is broken on this skill as well.

-Erick
  15. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

I'm curious if any of these are to be addressed in the upcoming "big patch 2". As devs sad they will read this it might be nice to get a head up from them?
  16. ARCHIVED-ZOAR007 Guest

Woot! Fury Master 1 is now showing up under maintained spells! I only mention this as it seems to be the oly thing they have fixed so far.
  17. ARCHIVED-Trumluk Guest

From what I have seen it looks like Raging Strike has been addressed. WIN

Countdown times on our DOTs still stop at 3.0 seconds for me.
  18. ARCHIVED-ZOAR007 Guest

updated. Doesn't look like the adept 3 version of bloodlust was adressed yet either. still doesnt show under maintained spells
  19. ARCHIVED-freakboy9 Guest

Yeah, my bloodlust doesn't show up 'on the left'.

Also, Fury still makes you wait the full recast timer when it fails.
  20. ARCHIVED-ZOAR007 Guest